Thread: Halloween is coming, what is your scary story?

AlwaysKimmie

Halloween is coming, what is your scary story?

Ok all everyone and every country can relate to this.
    So Halloween is coming for most BUT everyone
    Every country has one or more.
    What is the scary folklore or story
    That is related to your country or state?
    Here is mine.

I live in Arizona USA and well known is the
    Skin Walker a Navajo Nation. It is a wicked one.

In the Navajo language, yee naaldlooshii translates to "by means of it, it goes on all fours".[1] While perhaps the most common variety seen in horror fiction by non-Navajo people, the yee naaldlooshii is one of several varieties of, specifically a type of 'ánti'įhnii.[1] The legend of the skin-walkers is not well understood outside of Navajo culture, mostly due to reluctance to discuss the subject with outsiders.[2] Navajo people are reluctant to reveal skin-walker lore to non-Navajos, or to discuss it at all among those they do not trust.

download.jpg

With the Halloween event coming it is time to bring Kimmie's thread to the attention again.
    To be honest I hadn't noticed it before, but Dreadnought alerted me to it when I consulted with the Mod team about what might have been planned for Halloween this year.
    I myself also had the idea to ask you to share your scary stories too.

I had already done some research on what had been done at the Forum in the area of ​​Halloween.
    For example, I found two contests with this topic from 2014 and 2015.
    Next to Graylady and several other Forim members Nana was one of the writers with a special story.
    I would like to use her story as an example in my thread so I contacted her.
    She told me that writing stories for Halloween was the subject of the FIRST event ever held in Township and was truly a global event in the sense that ALL players contributed to the same winning goal.
    The big prize for everyone was a gargoyle.
    This decoration is now visible in her Town and it looks awesome!
    And maybe there are more towns on your Friend list that own this rare decoration, just take a good look around.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 10-23-2019 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Links an pictures added
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

Story told by Nana; 10-30-2014, 04:06 PM
    ================================

The Case of the Mysterious Pearl

Only 2 more days until fog shrouds our townships and All Hallows Eve is upon us. It is time for all of us to gather round our pie ovens and exchange tales - ghost tales, ghoul tales - of strange goings on in Township.

My ghostly tale begins on a dark, stormy night, lightening striking all around, strange moaning sounds permeating the foggy air - so, okay it was sunny, warm and normal.

Township decided to introduce a whole new level of friends and followers and random people roaming the streets of our towns like zombies. Little did they know, that due to a serious set of unfortunate events, the system would freeze with the clock at the stroke of midnight, minutes and seconds ticking and counting down exactly 60 more minutes, before starting up again just as before. The poor Zombie Random People were forced to stagger and stagger, over and over against the unrelenting clock, stuck forever in their endless march.

It was during this time, that my mysterious benefactor appeared. Was it a she or a he? I did not know. I could not find him/her/it in my friends, nor in my followers, nor in my foot dragging ghouls and zombies. But this mystery apparition would send me gifts attached to colorful balloons. And when my train car was empty because I was short on supplies, my benefactor wafted in secretly and filled it up. My only clue to this wonderful apparition was an avatar. Ah, but not just any avatar. It too was dark and mysterious and shrouded in mystery. Dark, but calm water (the ocean, perhaps?), a dimly lit sky (was it dawn or was it dusk?), and breaking horizontally across the horizon between water and sky, a rocky, black monolithic out-cropping.

Week after week, my mystery apparition would appear and disappear - to leave balloons, to fill a train car.

Many peaks and valleys would transpire as Township gods/goddesses altered and tinkered with the friend screen system. In the interim I made a few friends without them, by going to the Game Center voodoo witches. They stuck pins in a rag dolls, sprinkled mysterious concoctions all about and promised to notify me whenever a ghost appeared in my Township. And so it came to pass...

One day on my lunch break, I surreptitiously started my iPad. A bold banner declared: Pearl has left you a gift! Oh, she has, has she? Who the heck is Pearl? Cautiously I logged into township and there floating ethereally above my Town Hall was the ghostly avatar of water, sky, and rock. PEARL!!!! "You have a name at last!" I cried. The mystery would soon be solved I assured myself.

Many moons have come and gone, and fires have burned for days in my pie ovens, and I have searched high and low, through many dangerous places, searching for Pearl. Game Center never heard of her/him. Neither has Facebook.

So now, at night when I depart my township and turn off my iPad, I dream of the mysterious Pearl. Is she (he?) from the deep oceans that surround my township? A pirate or a pirate-ess lost in some long forgotten storm as her/his ship crashed upon the pale rocks that barricade my long abandoned Port? I do not know and the mystery continues.

But, oh - mysterious phantom of the deep or of the sky or of the rocky mountains - please know how grateful I am for your many generosities. May you continue to bless me and haunt me with your ethereal presence. Pearl of the briny deep how I long to meet you.
    -------

Okay, that is my TRUE STORY of Township haunting and ghosts. What is yours?

Oh, and if you see Pearl, tell her (him) someone wants to meet up!
    =========================

Story told by Graylady;10-30-2014, 06:25 PM
    ====================================
    Mystery in the Township Empire

It all start with a town full of mysteries.

Let me introduce you to that strange town. You don't know it. Very few people have the chance to visit it. It is nowhere to be found, even by accident. So far, less then 20 peoples had the privilege of knowing of it's existence. Did they jump on the chance and visit ? No one knows, not even the mayoress !

The 10,000 inhabitants worked hard to make it a nice city. They planted hundreds of trees. They keep their fields in top shape. Their houses are tidy, their streets clean and fun to walk along. But... as Halloween is approaching many people are worried. Past history has proved that something is wrong in the city and nobody is quite sure what is going on. Or what could happen on Halloween Night !

It is october 30th and a meeting is going on. 6 people with worried faces are sitting around a table. Let's listen to what they are saying...

Michel was the first one to speak of his fear. "What about the clovers?"

"What about them ?" ask the mayoress

"Remember when we did not get any in return of our help ? I'm really afraid they will disappear for good comes Halloween" says Michel

"Yea, if they disappear again for weeks, I won't be able to go to the House of Luck" cry France adding "It is my favorite past time you know!"

"You and your House of Luck !" reply Jean-Guy with an exasperate tone.

"PEOPLE !" stay focus on our worries and not on your disagreeements." yell the mayoress

"And what will you do Madam Mayoress if this happens again ? " ask Diane

"Well, if this happens again, I will invoke the Township Gods again" reply the mayoress

"Well ... let's talk about those Gods !" interrupt Jean-Guy. "They can't even tell us if someone is following the developpment of our town !"

"Hmmm .. We see Meng's balloon over our city almost everyday, so the Gods should be able to tell us if it is a follower" admit the Mayoress who still believe in the Gods even if her people seem to doubt them.

"Talk about the balloons ! When we visit our friend's town, we see our balloons floating over each town all day, like they are never picked up. How can we be sure that the Gods really delivered them?" complain Diane

"Right" reply Claude. "Even our Gods don't know what is going on in our town."

"You do remember the ghost town that kept showing up in our community don't you?" ask Jean-Guy "Do you thing that was a prelude of tomorrow's night ?"

CRACK ..... BOOM ... FLASH ...

"WHAT IS THAT ?" cry France

"That, my friends, is a thunderstom." say the mayoress, calmly

"What is a thunderstorm?" ask Claude

"A thunderstorm is a weather system that brings dark clouds, rain and wind. While we are inside, it is not dangerous at all." explain the mayoress

"Not dangerous, she says, not dangerous." mutter Diane

"We NEVER have THAT in our town." say Jean-Guy

While France ask "How do you know that Madam Mayoress ?"

At the same time Claude ask "Are the gods mad at us ?"

"Before I moved here, I use to live in a town where it was quite common." answer the mayoress

CRACK... BOOM ... FLASH

"Well ... what can you expect when even one of our God's minion, Ernie, disappeared ? Remember when his own town was left with no trace of him for weeks ? The poor people there were left wandering with nothing to do. Even the fields were not harvested !" remind France

"Yea... that was weird, mainly so near Halloween. Do you think he will disappear again ?" say Diane

"People" CRACK ... "stay calm" BOOM ... FLASH "I am sure our Gods will take good care of us" say the mayoress

BIGGER CRACK ... BIGGER BOOM ... BIGGER FLASH

"It's getting worse... I want to go home" cry France

"Me too ... " whisper Diane

CRACK ... BOOM... FLASH

"Ok people, I see that you want to go home and be near your loved one. I declare the meeting over." say the mayoress "With that kind of noise, no use to try and discuss anyway"

CRACK ... BOOM... FLASH

That is happening on the day before Halloween. So imagine what will happen on Halloween night when all the witches, gremlins and ghosts are out in force.

Not even Graylady, mayoress of Graylady's Corner, can't imagine what is in store for her town comes Halloween night.

OMG

Unknown to her town people, Graylady went back to her office after the meeting. While checking the informations on their friend's town, she saw something she never expect to see. Carolyn's town went from 10055 people to 65 !!!! She went from a level 61 to a level 3 !!! What happened to all these people ?

"What is going on? " she asked herself, shivering at the taught this could happen to her town on Halloween's night

The mystery continues and get deeper and deeper...
    ===========================================
    Last edited by Graylady; 10-30-2014 at 09:47 PM. Reason: Add text after OMG at the end

Great stories, right, too valuable to let them get dusty somewhere in an archive.
    And maybe they inspire you to write your own story!
    Is there a haunted house in your Town or is your town's name Sleepy Hollow ...
    Good luck!
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

I read the thread with Nana and GL's stories quite a while back. Personally I found Nana' gargoyles story to be my favourite.

Story told by Nana 10-31-2014 9.11pm

===========================================

Join Date Jul 2016 Posts 6,796

Waldo the Great - A Gargoyle Tale

“Well, this has been a rather depressing day,” Nana said to herself as the daylight was about to fade into evening darkness.

She was trying really hard to get back into the rhythm of playing Township, but it was a genuine struggle. For days on end all energy and focus was on planting pumpkins – big, boldly orange pumpkins; on making sure her hens were laying plenty of eggs; and especially on her Bakery. All breads, bagels, and cookies were pushed off the Bakery shelves and stored in the Barn. Every oven was loaded with a pumpkin pie. Her two foundries steamed away making precious ingots, so that she could bring them to the Academy of Industry to upgrade her Bakery, hoping to decrease the time required to bake the precious pies. As soon as the shelf was full of 7 pies it was cleared to make room for 7 more. The pies were hastily delivered to the busy Event Center, where other Townies were hustling and bustling and carrying in their pies.

There was a contest for all Townspeople to participate in. The goal was a quite difficult and challenging one. Bake at least 125 million pies by the deadline and every Townie would win a prize. To spur them on, offerings of lesser goals and prizes would also be awarded on the way to the final goal. For hours and hours, and days upon days, Townies baked pies with fervor and great anticipation.

Finally, the deadline grew near. Many gathered to watch the counter tick off the pies as they flooded into the Event Centers all around the world. A great cheer went up when the 125 Million pie threshold was crossed and still 6 hours remained on the clock. Sadly, Nana would not be around for the finale as it would happen in the middle of the night while she was sleeping. She looked forward to morning eagerly. She could hardly wait to see the final total (how large would it be?), to get her precious key and unlock the prize box.

Morning seemed very far away now. She had awakened with high anticipation and entered her Township to discover the brightly colored Event Center had closed up – just an empty billboard standing in the dirt. Up in the sky hovering above the town was the chest. No sign of any key. She tapped it and the lid flew open and . . . and pffft . . . a gargoyle flew out and was promptly swept away to storage, the box closed and disappeared from view. Nana sat there a minute or two in a state of disbelief, not sure what to do. Eventually, she gathered what were left of her wits about her and continued with her day. She went to storage and found the gargoyle statue. “So, you're it, huh?” said Nana. “Well c’mon Waldo, I’m putting you in my town square in front of the Town Hall. I worked hard for you.”

All day long, Townies gathered in big groups and small groups. Some were angry. Some confused. Some just depressed. Not everyone, but most, felt at least a little let down. All were discussing it or cursing it, depending on the depth of their disgruntlement. Strangely there were no shouting huzzahs and statements of congratulations to all the Township participants – nothing at all – not in the Forum Announcements, not on the Facebook page. Nothing, Nada, Zilch. As though the Great Halloween Event had never taken place at all. And so the day had gone from great anticipation, to the general malaise of let-down.

Nana stared down at her Township game, took a last sip of her Brandy Manhattan. Zooming in on the steel gray hulk, hunched in her town square, she uttered, “Happy Un-Halloween to you Waldo!” Zooming back out with finger poised to click the “off” button, she noticed a sudden silence. The never ending background theme music was not playing. No birds were chirping either. She strained her ears. No cows mooing, no hens clucking, only silence. The perpetual light that shone on her town was growing ever dimmer too. “Oh great! What a fine way to end this miserable day! Is my iPad dying on me too?” she moaned. Then she noticed why the light was dimming and growing dark. Black bats were massing by the hundreds it seemed, blocking out all the light in the sky, all the light on her town, except for one small circular hole where a strong, bright beam burst through – landing right on Waldo. She zoomed in closer to the statue.

Ever so gently his muscles began to throb and ripple. Waldo began to stand erect upon his pedestal, to his full height and glory. There was a faint twitch about his mouth and then it opened. As it did, coins began to spill out and fall to the ground, forming a small brightly golden mound at his feet. “Waldo! I didn’t know you had it in you!” Nana smirked. Then one by one each of his bat wings began to lengthen and expand and double in size. Nana caught glimpses of green as Township bills fluttered from them into a small stack beneath each. Waldo’s eyes began to glow a luminous green, the bats overhead fluttered their wings so rapidly as to make sound like a great roar. Once again the gargoyle’s mouth began to move, but this time a deep, basso profundo voice emanated from within – “Happy Halloween,” he roared. “I gave you Tricks and now I give you Treats!” With that he lifted his full weight upon the balls of his feet, set his great wings in rhythmic motion and lifted off his pedestal flying high into the sky with all the bats surrounding and accompanying him. “Golly. Goodbye Waldo, I will miss you!” Nana cried. She looked down and “poof” – Waldo’s pedestal disappeared into thin air.

And it was over. Music played again, the daylight returned, animals resumed making their animal sounds. She rubbed her eyes. Looked at her pile of coins and two stacks of bills. “Well, this will certainly be a Halloween to remember!” Nana turned off her game and headed for bed, knowing that tomorrow would be an exciting time listening to the same wonderful tale from all her Township friends at the Forum

Last edited by Downton; 10-25-2019 at 04:55 AM.

Thanks Downton and Ruud. Boy, do these stories bring back memories - especially of Township in its early days. I woke up this morning and logged onto my game and there was an envelope posted to the side, which I tapped on and it was a 6-year anniversary greeting and gift - a statue and TCash. So, a great start to the game today! I finished the event early yesterday evening, all prizes collected. Feeling very Township rich today!
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)

Quote Originally Posted by Nana View Post
    Thanks Downton and Ruud. Boy, do these stories bring back memories - especially of Township in its early days. I woke up this morning and logged onto my game and there was an envelope posted to the side, which I tapped on and it was a 6-year anniversary greeting and gift - a statue and TCash. So, a great start to the game today! I finished the event early yesterday evening, all prizes collected. Feeling very Township rich today!
    You're welcome Nana and what a great way to start your day!
    Congratulations! And how cute those Otters are on your Anniversary Fountain!

Addendum - Yet another mystery...

This is not a ghost story today, just a mystery - a puzzle to be solved perhaps. The story about Pearl (above) was all true. She continued to be my mystery benefactor for a very long time, eventually tapering off her appearances and disappearing forever. Before doing so, someone fairly techy posted on the Forum a way to discover who Pearl was. A little discussion about it was interrupted by our admin at the time, Liza. She tactfully and subtly suggested I not pursue discovery. So, I didn’t and let it go. I always wondered if it was her or Kuen (our very first Admin) who was playing this “trick” on me.

Any way, it’s been a few years now, no further sign of Pearl, and Kuen and Liza moved on and upward in the Playrix hierarchy and don’t visit the Forum any more, that I know of.

So.....earlier this year, another mystery woman appeared. She doesn’t ever help fill orders or crates, but every single day I receive a gift balloon - every single day - for almost a year now. She, of course, is not in my list of friends, nor in the visiting wanna-be friends, nor can I find her in any of my friend’s coops. And, believe me I have searched for her. So, if anyone has any tips or clues to who she is I would be very grateful - her name is Margarita Marti and her avatar is the vixen from the House of Luck.

Anyone know who this is?
    Level 157
    Zoo Level 45
    IOS - iPad Air

Co-Op: Sogno Mare (Sea Dream) - Sail only for certain rewards.
    Town: Far Niente Bay

Ideas That Cannot Be Implemented At This Time (Or Ever)