Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Aerial Challenge: Prize Wheel

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    There are moves to ban gambling elements (loot boxes) from games played by minors so think Devs headed in wrong direction with this one. ...

Any hints as to what to upgrade first on event plane?
    From memory flying low better than climbing high?
    The loot box issue is going to be a total mess for developers because each country is making different rules. Some countries only plan to outlaw the ones purchased with real money, others include those purchased with in game currency. In The UK, a court has ruled they are not gambling and not currently illegal as long as the rewards are not real money or anything convertible to real money. (Apparently there are games where players can sell game items to other players for money.) So, we have some countries looking at what is spent, others looking at what is won, and others doing nothing at all.

In the case of this wheel, we are not gambling with real money nor with either of the game currencies that can be purchased with real money (coins or tcash). We are only using stars earned thru playing the event, so I don't think this setup violates any of the laws currently being considered in different places.

Re aerial event strategies-

Honestly, the upgrades don't seem to help much no matter what I do.
    The biggest key to success is being able to collect fuel in the air. On a lot of runs, there will be a lot of fuel just above the tree tops. But on other runs, the most fuel will be a bit higher. If you find an altitude with fuel cans, stay there for that run, but don't expect em to be there on your next run.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 09-26-2019 at 03:11 PM.

AlwaysKimmie
    My first spin STUPID TNT . Ugggg

My first spin: 2 Dynamite bars.
    Allways welcome
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

3rd spin - Biplane deco. Now I have two.
    Town: Salmiya
    Level: 136 Zoo: 45
    Android via Play Store
    Note Pro 12.2

I take it all back...I got the World Tour decoration, which is what I wanted, as a reward on the spinner! Lol
    Town name:Stella’s Place
    Town level:133
    Co op name:Regatta rebels #REG9GR

Long time reader first time poster. Hi!

My first 4 spins gave me, in order: 2 dinamites, 4 tcash, small deck of bronze zoo cards, the world tour deco.
    My 5th wheel has 4 other decos, 4 lab boosters, a slot with 100 tcash, and no slabs/glass/bricks. The only prize I will cringe at getting is the one time dealer coupon.

I think I like the wheel well enough 😉

Hi there Elka! Wow, that's an impressive wheel, can I have yours? Lol
    I just got my first spin and I won the inflatable plane which I was quite happy with.
    The thing that is bothering me is the change from stars to tokens, the gas cans are a little bit harder to spot as they are closer in color to the tokens, whereas when it was the bright yellow stars the cans stood out better.
    This is actually my favorite event because you can't pay tcash to fly farther, actually gives everyone a chance to win! =D
    Town name: Gatorville
    Co-op: Ktown Griff
    Working hard on my town and zoo,
    Please come see them! :-)

To all those who got good prizes: YAY!!!😁

I'm hoping my next spin brings me something great.

3rd spin 3xglass (I'm currently selling glass coz I'm collecting bricks n slabs for a zoo enclosure)
    Bring back the old format!

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    The loot box issue is going to be a total mess for developers because each country is making different rules. Some countries only plan to outlaw the ones purchased with real money, others include those purchased with in game currency. In The UK, a court has ruled they are not gambling and not currently illegal as long as the rewards are not real money or anything convertible to real money. (Apparently there are games where players can sell game items to other players for money.) So, we have some countries looking at what is spent, others looking at what is won, and others doing nothing at all.

In the case of this wheel, we are not gambling with real money nor with either of the game currencies that can be purchased with real money (coins or tcash). We are only using stars earned thru playing the event, so I don't think this setup violates any of the laws currently being considered in different places.

Re aerial event strategies-

Honestly, the upgrades don't seem to help much no matter what I do.
    The biggest key to success is being able to collect fuel in the air. On a lot of runs, there will be a lot of fuel just above the tree tops. But on other runs, the most fuel will be a bit higher. If you find an altitude with fuel cans, stay there for that run, but don't expect em to be there on your next run.
    Thanks for the tips Mayfield, much appreciated
    Yes, loot boxes different from spinwheel, especially as spinwhwheel doesn't need real currency. Neither the right direction for this type of game IMO.
    Happy for those who've won something nice, but I will probably have to wait until the decs come round again as am still saving up hoping for another Birthday discounted.

ETA If they're going to do it this way, decorations need to be available to purchase for an extra day after event ends. I won't spend TC on something I might win until am sure I can't win-hoping that makes sense
    Last edited by JayS; 09-26-2019 at 04:57 PM.