Thread: Technical Issues w/ current Regatta - Sept 24

Technical Issues w/ current Regatta - Sept 24

We have a very small co-op so it's pretty easy to keep up with technical issues.

We had someone join our co-op AFTER the regatta started. And yet, I noticed they were able to join in on the current regatta and start doing tasks. Hmmmm, okay. Maybe I was wrong and thought that maybe for some reason they were allowed to start playing in this regatta.

Then, I noticed a player selected a House of Luck tasks. They had 2 days to complete the task but had completed none of it so far. Hours later I went in, and noticed in that same chest, that same House of Luck task was available. I thought, "Had she dumped the task?" I went to stats...Nope, she was not showing any dumped tasks. Weird.

Then she started making syrup. Woke up today. She still had zero tasks completed and was not showing she was working on any tasks even though she still had plenty of time to complete that syrup task (bc I made a note of it yesterday - since she was a new player and all was trying to keep track of how well she would be completing tasks).

Then today, my best friend who also is in my co-op, said she started a mining task while going to bed. She fell asleep and when she woke up, it said she had failed her task. Failed a task? She had two days to complete it! How did she fail it in a matter of hours?

It's now to the point where players in my co-op are scared to start tasks bc they're afraid their progress will be for nothing. Is anyone else having this issue? I've been playing this game for about 6 months now and have never noticed anything like this before.

Thanks to all who respond. I have sent a message to "Help and Support" through the game app but it says it could take 48 hours for them to respond so I found this forum and thought I would post here.

Hi,

This week we have the interseasonal regatta, which is, and works differently from the seasonal regatta. We have a season which consists of 4 weeks (4 races), then a week off (interseasonal) where we don't race against others, just complete co-op and personal goals. Then a new season starts and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by erby2283 View Post
    We had someone join our co-op AFTER the regatta started. And yet, I noticed they were able to join in on the current regatta and start doing tasks. Hmmmm, okay. Maybe I was wrong and thought that maybe for some reason they were allowed to start playing in this regatta.
    During interseasonal week, everyone can participate, regardless of their racing status, or when they join in.

Then, I noticed a player selected a House of Luck tasks. They had 2 days to complete the task but had completed none of it so far. Hours later I went in, and noticed in that same chest, that same House of Luck task was available. I thought, "Had she dumped the task?" I went to stats...Nope, she was not showing any dumped tasks. Weird.

Then she started making syrup. Woke up today. She still had zero tasks completed and was not showing she was working on any tasks even though she still had plenty of time to complete that syrup task (bc I made a note of it yesterday - since she was a new player and all was trying to keep track of how well she would be completing tasks).
    In interseasonal, when someone dumps their task after they started it, it becomes available again for someone else to take it. The same player can take it again, but with a 30min time penalty.
    In statistics, you can see how many chests someone dumped, not individual tasks.

Then today, my best friend who also is in my co-op, said she started a mining task while going to bed. She fell asleep and when she woke up, it said she had failed her task. Failed a task? She had two days to complete it! How did she fail it in a matter of hours?
    When someone fails a tasks (i.e. the timer runs out), the whole chest will be marked as failed, regardless of the progress of the other tasks within that chest.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    Hi,

This week we have the interseasonal regatta, which is, and works differently from the seasonal regatta. We have a season which consists of 4 weeks (4 races), then a week off (interseasonal) where we don't race against others, just complete co-op and personal goals. Then a new season starts and so on.

During interseasonal week, everyone can participate, regardless of their racing status, or when they join in.

In interseasonal, when someone dumps their task after they started it, it becomes available again for someone else to take it. The same player can take it again, but with a 30min time penalty.
    In statistics, you can see how many chests someone dumped, not individual tasks.

Thank you - I was unaware of this with regards to joining in the interseasonal.

But they are not dumping their tasks. It's just automatically showing it as task failed a few hours after they began it. It's happened 3x. My bff said she literally fell asleep while working on the mining task, woke up, and it showed a big Red X over on the side where you see which task you're actively working. We jokingly said maybe she sleep dumped it. She said she would have had to go back into the regatta section to dump it.
    Last edited by erby2283; 09-25-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Thank you - I was unaware of this with regards to joining in the interseasonal.

But they are not dumping their tasks. It's just automatically showing it as task failed a few hours after they began it. It's happened 3x. My bff said she literally fell asleep while working on the mining task, woke up, and it showed a big Red X over on the side where you see which task you're actively working. We jokingly said maybe she sleep dumped it. She said she would have had to go back into the regatta section to dump it.
    But if anyone else took another task of the same chest, and that task timed out, then all three tasks of this chest are shown as failed. E.g. you take mining task - time two days. Somebody else takes a task, make x hats, time 17 hrs. When the 17 hrs end without all hats being collected, your mining task will be over too ...

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    But if anyone else took another task of the same chest, and that task timed out, then all three tasks of this chest are shown as failed. E.g. you take mining task - time two days. Somebody else takes a task, make x hats, time 17 hrs. When the 17 hrs end without all hats being collected, your mining task will be over too ...
    The other tasks had not yet been started. She took the first task. I know this bc this is my bff - we literally text 50x a day. Also, when she goes to her stats, it doesn't show she failed a task. Nothing shows for this task attempt. It's like it never happened.

Hi, it's a glitch that shows up intermittently. It has happened to our co-op a few times. It appears out of nowhere and kills chests that have many hours and/or days left on the tasks. Fortunately, it doesn't seem to last over regattas; it's just really annoying to the victims.

This is happening in our co op also. Its frustrating and its killing our chests. Nobody is dumping tasks or failing the tasks are disappearing and showing up failed suddenly when they had 3days left to complete or were almost done. I figure it must be a glitch now. Thanks for everyone's input. I am contacting support.

That's why I'm here, how do you contact support?

AlwaysKimmie
    Go to the gear icon upper left side under your avatar click it will pull up list of stuff.
    Click support and then click technical issues follow what it says.

Happening again today.....