Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Sculptures of Sand, Carving or Ice related to Township

I just wanted to say Thank You for sharing All That Beautiful Artwork!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    ...Once there was a time that I reached out my ideas for new posts to the admin overthere too.
    So maybe my threads are inspiring for them too "g"
    maybe they were just looking here and liked the ideas...
    j/k. Of course they have their own ideas, and no-one knows what inspires them.

There are talking about a barn upgrade as price.
    That seems inspiring enough for some to show pictures of carrots and melons... Water melons!
    well, at least they can be in a normal household. As opposed to sheep and cows

FB says 5.1K reactions but that includes a all the likes people give each other.
    lol, really?! well, as I said, even 25k in that contest thread - they were much bigger here, too, naturally, when all you have to do for a prize is posting a "here I am". But THAT decision is ...well, funny, so obvious... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BKNBLK13 View Post
    I just wanted to say Thank You for sharing All That Beautiful Artwork!!
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    maybe they were just looking here and liked the ideas...
    j/k. Of course they have their own ideas, and no-one knows what inspires them.
    well, at least they can be in a normal household. As opposed to sheep and cows
    lol, really?! well, as I said, even 25k in that contest thread - they were much bigger here, too, naturally, when all you have to do for a prize is posting a "here I am". But THAT decision is ...well, funny, so obvious... lol.
    81395057_2806995652654187_8680511092880834560_n.jpg
    Well there are people that let their newborn baby sleep in a barn
    Definitely a price winner IMO!

Yes those good old days... Glad we still can be here.
    More Township in real life? ​Check new group messages on a regular basis

Still convinced: change what you can't accept; accept what you can't change

Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 122/Android

And to go back on topic and prepare you for the visit this Monday the next thing I found searching for info of Ice sculpture festivals in the World:
    ============================

Tourists in China have braved temperatures of -17C (1.4F) to visit a collection of stunning ice sculptures at the Sun Island International Snow Sculpture Art Expo Park in Harbin. Taking in enormous sculptures which featured a whale spraying water from its blow hole, the head of a monkey, the Kremlin in Moscow and a person playing a pipe, the park is one of the attractions at the world's largest ice festival.
    Some of the braver tourists were also pictured cycling and sledding around the icy Sun Lake with some of the beautiful sculptures in the backdrop.

The expo park is part of the 34th annual Ice Festival in Harbin, north-eastern China.
    The festival has been running since January 5 but crowds were expected to peak around Chinese New Year this month.
    Last year the festival bought in 28.7 billion yuan (£3.62 billion) in tourism revenue for Harbin, with 18 million people visiting the park despite temperatures as low as -22F (-30C).
    Ice sculpture artist Han Zhenkun designed his work based on the historic Silk Road.
    'Back then, through the Silk Road, exquisite art works from China like potteries were transported by camels and horses to the Western world,' Han said.
    =======================
    The festival in Zwolle is gladly enough an 'inside job'

Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 122/Android

81395057_2806995652654187_8680511092880834560_n.jpg
    Well there are people that let their newborn baby sleep in a barn
    Definitely a price winner IMO! ...
    wonderful idea, yes still not a cow, thankfully...

And to go back on topic ...
    hey, this wasn't off topic, IMO! as mentioned, it related to part of your thread title! (which isn't about ice only either)

wonderful idea, yes still not a cow, thankfully...
    hey, this wasn't off topic, IMO! as mentioned, it related to part of your thread title! (which isn't about ice only either)
    Just ment about the discussion choosing FB above Forum
    We will never win that one!

The Ice artist must have been thinking BIG!

And the sculptures there are lighted at night!

And videos show more about the building of... and how the area looks at night
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 01-07-2020 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Added video links

Just ment about the discussion choosing FB above Forum
    That was a misunderstanding then. My remark about "that (funny) decision" was just a reaction to showing Likes as comment-counts; rather provided by FB, I guess.

These Ice sculptures are really fabulous. For once an advantage of having snow/ice/winter surroundings.
    Now will be interesting to see how Zwolle compares to that (if I understood the preparation process correctly).

That was a misunderstanding then. My remark about "that (funny) decision" was just a reaction to showing Likes as comment-counts; rather provided by FB, I guess.
    With the knowledge that there is an explosion of Likes in the first hour after releasing such a (FB)contest...
    Hopping in later... Try to join in the contest... Too bad... No more interest by most of FBers then!

These Ice sculptures are really fabulous. For once an advantage of having snow/ice/winter surroundings.
    Now will be interesting to see how Zwolle compares to that (if I understood the preparation process correctly).
    Yes, very impressive! And interesting numbers mentioned in the videos. It seems the highlight in number of visitors will be at Chinese new year!
    Zwolle is smaller in scale but I expect equivalent in impression to this festival.
    The countdown has started...

Short update: yesterday evening I ordered the online ticktets for the Ice sculpture festival but found out that they are closed on Mondays.
    So now our visit is planned on this Tuesday!