Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Sculptures of Sand, Carving or Ice related to Township

Thank you so much, Ruud! very attentive of you to check re. the videos!

Amazing, really. Using a spirit level (? Wasserwaage), wow! Does this still count as hobby?

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Thank you so much, Ruud! very attentive of you to check re. the videos!

Amazing, really. Using a spirit level (? Wasserwaage), wow! Does this still count as hobby?
    You're welcome, DD, and it is a great pleasure for me to interact with you and everyone else telling about this trip.
    This Festival has been organized since 2013 and seems to be every year more beautiful and original.
    I am very curious how they will surpass this in next year!

This is no longer a hobby, very professional in design!
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

It takes great skill to work those pieces of art! Thank-you for shoring Ruud. These are really cool
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    It takes great skill to work those pieces of art! Thank-you for shoring Ruud. These are really cool
    Hi Johnalex, great to see you back so ones in a while!
    Yes, it is really spectacular what can be done with a material as 'simple' as Sand.
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Hi Johnalex, great to see you back so ones in a while!
    Yes, it is really spectacular what can be done with a material as 'simple' as Sand.
    I don't go on the forums much anymore because there just doesn't seem to be much room for me here anymore. I won't leave them as they are a valuable resource for Township info, but there isn't much on here for me to be active here anymore. With recent events in my personal life taking a turn for the worse recently, it is even harder for me to get things done elsewhere as well.
    I hope you are well.

There is a lot of real talent out there and a lot of things we could do with some of the simplest materials like sand, if only we actually put our minds to do those things and so the things already done. I appreciate you sharing all these chickens, sheep, sand, etc. things. They open our minds to a whole new view of the world, especially for those of us (me) who tend to forget there is a world beyond what we see around us and in the media.
    Johnalex Zarco
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

I don't go on the forums much anymore because there just doesn't seem to be much room for me here anymore. I won't leave them as they are a valuable resource for Township info, but there isn't much on here for me to be active here anymore. With recent events in my personal life taking a turn for the worse recently, it is even harder for me to get things done elsewhere as well.
    I hope you are well.

There is a lot of real talent out there and a lot of things we could do with some of the simplest materials like sand, if only we actually put our minds to do those things and so the things already done. I appreciate you sharing all these chickens, sheep, sand, etc. things. They open our minds to a whole new view of the world, especially for those of us (me) who tend to forget there is a world beyond what we see around us and in the media.
    Do you recognize that you are planning to answer someone, even keep the relevant post open in your browser, and then still do not get to it for days or even weeks?
    But sometimes there is a dear friend who points out that on you (or me in this case), so:

Hi Johnalex, sorry to hear about those turbulent times in your personal life. Wishing you all the best in coping with that.
    With me and my wife is everything fine.
    Your Amondale stories will here still be missed although we can find more of them outside of the Forum.
    I am glad to hear that my stories helps you somehow to open your mind a bit.

I mentioned the existing Ice sculptures and I searched for photos on the Internet. But doing that (the search @home) is less inspiring to talk about than going out to found out myself how they look. So I guess we storytellers have each our own blocks and 'firestarters'.

An off topic question: how far are you with the idea of stories based on the Township characters?

And I have still some more (wooden) figures to talk about so this story will continue ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Do you recognize that you are planning to answer someone, even keep the relevant post open in your browser, and then still do not get to it for days or even weeks?
    But sometimes there is a dear friend who points out that on you (or me in this case), so:

Hi Johnalex, sorry to hear about those turbulent times in your personal life. Wishing you all the best in coping with that.
    With me and my wife is everything fine.
    Your Amondale stories will here still be missed although we can find more of them outside of the Forum.
    I am glad to hear that my stories helps you somehow to open your mind a bit.

I mentioned the existing Ice sculptures and I searched for photos on the Internet. But doing that (the search @home) is less inspiring to talk about than going out to found out myself how they look. So I guess we storytellers have each our own blocks and 'firestarters'.

An off topic question: how far are you with the idea of stories based on the Township characters?

And I have still some more (wooden) figures to talk about so this story will continue ...
    I can understand that finding pictures on the internet may be less inspiring than seeing the object in person and getting a photo of it. One of my Facebook Pages is run mostly off pictures I find online, though I like to throw a picture I took in there every now and then for that reason.
    I do miss being able to properly post my stories here on the forums, as it was more encouraging to know that people did see them. With the current setup, I often feel as though no one is reading them and that it is a waste of my time to share them (Wordpress used to tell me how many views I had, but they have seemingly stopped doing that for some reason).
    In terms of the township character's stories, I have completely forgotten about that. I don't remember if there was any support for that idea, or if Playrix would even allow me to do that. Since Playrix owns them, I would prefer to have them posted on the forums and not on my website for copyright reasons, so unless I get feedback from Playrix that I may post them on the website (as I don't want anything being added to the defunct forum thread, part of me is still very upset about that), it isn't likely they will ever be published. Now, I am thinking of making characters that live and work in my town (and, if Township-playing viewers are for the idea, I can make characters for their towns and they can tell me what kind of characters they want, and if they want them to be posted on the website or just shared in the forum pm system), which would help point back to the origins of sharing my stories to the public.
    I look forward to reading about the wooden figures you find

P.S. I am not sure what you meant by the following:
    But sometimes there is a dear friend who points out that on you (or me in this case), so
    Last edited by dreadnought; 10-06-2019 at 07:24 PM.
    Johnalex Zarco

I can understand that finding pictures on the internet may be less inspiring than seeing the object in person and getting a photo of it. One of my Facebook Pages is run mostly off pictures I find online, though I like to throw a picture I took in there every now and then for that reason.
    I do miss being able to properly post my stories here on the forums, as it was more encouraging to know that people did see them. With the current setup, I often feel as though no one is reading them and that it is a waste of my time to share them (Wordpress used to tell me how many views I had, but they have seemingly stopped doing that for some reason).
    In terms of the township character's stories, I have completely forgotten about that. I don't remember if there was any support for that idea, or if Playrix would even allow me to do that. Since Playrix owns them, I would prefer to have them posted on the forums and not on my website for copyright reasons, so unless I get feedback from Playrix that I may post them on the website (as I don't want anything being added to the defunct forum thread, part of me is still very upset about that), it isn't likely they will ever be published. Now, I am thinking of making characters that live and work in my town (and, if Township-playing viewers are for the idea, I can make characters for their towns and they can tell me what kind of characters they want, and if they want them to be posted on the website or just shared in the forum pm system), which would help point back to the origins of sharing my stories to the public.
    I look forward to reading about the wooden figures you find

P.S. I am not sure what you meant by the following:
    I've send you PM.
    Then about the idea of the Character stories:We are both story tellers that 'need audience' to keep our stories going.
    And the Forum works fine for that goal, as long as that fits within the objective and regulations of the Forum
    Maybe you could ask the question about using the Township characters in a PM to Anna.
    Or, like you mentioned in your latest post you can give the 'unknown' Townies names and create stories based on their lives. Or was that your idea already?
    Then Townies in otherones town can have different names and different lifes based on the information the Major of that Town provides you to write a customized story on that Town.
    The only thing then still is if you want to use their 'picture' outside the Forum to guide your Township stories you would still need to know if Playrix allows you to.

So PM Anna and start a new thread as soon as you have enough information, inspiration time and energy.
    Great idea, Johnalex!