Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sculptures of Sand, Carving or Ice related to Township

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrook View Post
    .... I may try that, give us a new way to build on the beach...who knows I may start a new trend here. ������
    (bolding by me)

and don't forget then, pls, to start a new thread here, with pics, lol.
    Last edited by _DD_; 09-19-2019 at 07:35 PM. Reason: i am sooo envious! having a beach at your doorstep... :)

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    That was such an aha-moment that I almost forgot to answer! thanks, Ruud!
    illustrating almost everything also with the photos is so great! did you make them all yourself?

I didn't get yet how they can form anything in or "below" wooden boxes, which are square, aren't they, but will wait for more questions or pics
    Yes, all Photos of the Festival I have made myself. I was a little bit concerned about the level of my phone's battery but the trip was finished 'in time'.
    Anne loved the Festival too!
    And this is just the beginning of this exiting journey, (although WiFi signal being real dramatic on this holiday park let me sometimes think otherwise. It takes hours to upload and then in the end the Forum page freezes)
    So more will follow !!

The good news is: tomorrow we'll travel back home so sharing will be much easier!
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 09-19-2019 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Sneak peek added
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

Let us honour our Fishdom friends here on the Forum(maybe last chance to do so) and dive in the Ocean (without getting wet) for some Underwater World sculptures.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 09-19-2019 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Finally added last pic
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    So more will follow !!

The good news is: tomorrow we'll travel back home so sharing will be much easier!

Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; Yesterday at 11:56 PM. Reason: Sneak peek added
    YAY, and thanks for the sneak peek, lol!
    Have safe journeys home

..and... the blue Underwater world... is that really and truly sand also?!

YAY, and thanks for the sneak peek, lol!
    Have safe journeys home

..and... the blue Underwater world... is that really and truly sand also?!
    Yes, they use LED lights that can switch colors. It is a real nice special effect, isn't it?

And we are back home safely!
    Although our holiday trip is over, we have only just started the Festival tour
    We just walked through the first building and have arrived at a restaurant where we have a drink. The apple pie seems to be very tasty here!
    After that we go outside. Among others there are the World leaders that I showed you earlier.

And everyone knows Raja, right? Now, here in the courtyard is also a Market and there we find Raja's cousin praising his merchandise.

He has a lot of assistance to help him with the trade.

There is no trace of a heliplatform but there is an other solution to look at the courtyard from above:there is a Monorail (visible on all four photos here). The wagons start moving by using pedals.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 09-20-2019 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Adding info

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrook View Post
    They look stunning Ruud and thanks for more information on the building methods. I may try that, give us a new way to build on the beach...who knows I may start a new trend here. ������
    This Month on Dutch television is a Serie about a contest of building Sand sculptures. Really interesting too!And I guess you like to see next items as new Decorations in future.
    Stuff for the Wish list!!!

Looking forward to your new thread/Trent!
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 09-20-2019 at 03:45 PM.

Of course there must be a train in a TS Town so here is one too.
    The only farm animals we saw created from Sand were the Bees . But we will visit the wood carving And the Festival is being organized by a Garden shopping center so later in this thread they wil be shown and the 'Let's talk about' threads will certainly be supplemented.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 09-20-2019 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Added link to 'Bees'

Glad to see you home safely, Ruud!

and great pictures for great stuff! yes, they put a lot of thought into it with such things like lights

but... are you saing the sculpture in the right pic there is a bee..?

I don't get the right view, it seems (a huge flower, and a huge wing is sitting on it?) - don't recognize it, actually - how must I look at it?
    Last edited by _DD_; 09-20-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Glad to see you home safely, Ruud!

and great pictures for great stuff! yes, they put a lot of thought into it with such things like lights

but... are you saing the sculpture in the right pic there is a bee..?

I don't get the right view, it seems (a huge flower, and a huge wing is sitting on it?) - don't recognize it, actually - how must I look at it?
    I've add a link to 'Bees' to create the possibility to see more details.
    If necessary I'll repeat that too with other pics that are already posted or will be during our tour.