Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Sculptures of Sand, Carving or Ice related to Township

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    That are real men and a lot of dancers are guiding these platforms and dance on it.
    thanks the dancers I had seen, and sometimes 'drivers', and also those climbing up as part of the deco

Remember the promise I've made to give some explanation / subtitles to the Iguana video?
    Editing the video itself seemed too difficult me but I had an other idea to give it the layer you requested for.
    Click on the photo to start that result.
    If you see a message 'file cannot be opened' please select 'open with...' in Settings. It worked for me

Editing on any other vid (with much longer duration) is such a touch job that I've put it on my Not now or (n)ever list.
    I hope you understand..
    Really thankful for the time in this place called home and for keeping it a good place to keep coming back to
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/Android

Remember the promise I've made to give some explanation / subtitles to the Iguana video?
    Editing the video itself seemed too difficult me but I had an other idea to give it the layer you requested for.
    Click on the photo to start that result. ...
    good grief, Ruuuud! hbv and I were just asking some questions (I thought), lol didn't expect THAT kind of homework for you from it! but it's great! they added heartbeats! and aaaall dahlias, really!!
    such a great show - it was worth it to add some more explanations, + I hope it wasn't too stressful - many thanks! we will accept everything that does NOT lead you to stop with posting such nice and interesting things

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    good grief, Ruuuud! hbv and I were just asking some questions (I thought), lol didn't expect THAT kind of homework for you from it! but it's great! they added heartbeats! and aaaall dahlias, really!!
    such a great show - it was worth it to add some more explanations, + I hope it wasn't too stressful - many thanks! we will accept everything that does NOT lead you to stop with posting such nice and interesting things
    Thank you DD, great comment!

It was not stressful, even fun to do!
    Next to the fridge and under the kitchen top cabinets, I made a dark room with bath towels used as a curtain.
    So there was no backlight on the screen of my tablet while I was filming with my phone.
    Preparation was listening to the original video and writing down the text in English.
    It was too dark behind my 'curtains' to read the text but.... this was the first time right!

I already have some experience with the 15 years Anniversary movies (six pieces) that had to be redone more often.
    So I am happy too with this result
    Really thankful for the time in this place called home and for keeping it a good place to keep coming back to

...Next to the fridge and under the kitchen top cabinets, I made a dark room with bath towels used as a curtain.
    Anne should have filmed YOU!!

...It was too dark behind my 'curtains' to read the text but.... this was the first time right! ...
    lol! somehow I think that would have been obvious before already, no? did you learn the text by heart then, or what?
    but with the 15th anniversary movie and all the little videos of the Winter city, you'll be a Pro soon! (actually think you are already)

Wow Ruud..Thank You! That's way above and beyond what I could have expected..even from You! I agree with DD, your effort merited recording too..incredible. Dahlias will never just be a pretty flower again for me. Awesome..appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by hbv View Post
    Great stuff Ruud, love the lion, but then I'm biased being a Leo
    Hi DD, I did the same they're huge and highlight the work involved! The articulated iguana slowly ambling down the road with his, (maybe her) friends or family. The diversity in the last video continued to impress, from babies to the grim reaper and almost everything in between...brilliant I couldn't understand the language...do you know if it was done in categories Ruud?
    ooh, good question! that would explain a few things. - TIA, Ruud!

(poor Ruud - now he must add yet another task to his already great work here )
    As far as I can find information on that there is no categorization. The builders choose the subject of their floats themselves.
    I did read something about the parade in Zundert, the largest in the Netherlands, about a division into 'neighborhoods' instead of individual participants or families.
    So the cars represent a group based on geographical location.

The parade itself lasts two days in September one with the tour through the city; the second day as an exhibition.
    Scale models of the cars are presented in June and the floats are built in the summer.

For more information (Wikipedia) on the Zundert parade click [URLjhttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloemencorso_Zundert]here[/URL].

Anne should have filmed YOU!!
    She told me the same after take 345 of the Anniversary tapes(maybe it is time to share them on the Forum)

lol! somehow I think that would have been obvious before already, no? did you learn the text by heart then, or what?
    but with the 15th anniversary movie and all the little videos of the Winter city, you'll be a Pro soon! (actually think you are already)
    I guess by writing it down and hearing it again during the video it felt almost naturally. Only once or twice I wasn't sure of the right words, but that didn't bother me. Glad to hear that it was understandable enough for you.
    A pro, me? Wow thanks for that huge compliment!
    Wow Ruud..Thank You! That's way above and beyond what I could have expected..even from You! I agree with DD, your effort merited recording too..incredible. Dahlias will never just be a pretty flower again for me. Awesome..appreciated
    Sometimes I need more time to thinks things over (and time and space to work on the idea to get a good result) but it worked out. Thanks for being the audience and giving me the mis great feedback.

OMG - you've out done yourself with this one Ruud...Fantastic!! It's funny, I was thinking there'd been few Egyptian items and super BOOM!! - a flaming mazing. I couldn't suppress a chortle at imagining stormy weather, and seeing the expressions of people (including me) as these do acrobatics ... lol...bit dangerous actually..and the papier mache wouldn't resist rain well! Rio interests me, always fancied the Mardi Gras...Have any of you TS ppl been?
    I just watched that video again Ruud...I love it...what a joy! Many Thanks! Better save harder
    After finding just one Carnaval float from Holland and the nice Parade in the Sambadrome my thoughts were to leave the Carnival topic to just thoose two post.
    You mentioning Mardi Gras as another colourful parade is inspiring enough to collect more information to start the chapter named 'Celebrating Carnival around the World' soon.

But first things first; with only a few day to go in the Smoothy event time is high to start talking about:

Fruit Parades(Fruit corso's-NL)

And although the creation maybe isn't as impreas it was on the Carnival let's open with an Egyptian based float.
    The Fruit corso is a yearly event in the Betuwe, a Dutch region well-known for its Fruit Growing(Fruitteelt-NL).
    Main town where this event is organized is Tiel. The local industry mainly produces jams.
    Materials used in decorating the floats are Fruit, Vegetables and Seed.

The insects on this left wagon look like a cross between Grasshoppers and Honeybees. The right photo is clearer, a butterfly!

These floats have an oceanic theme. On the left Sea turtles but also Seahorses. On the right a Lion Fish(Koraalduivel-NL) a very poisonous Scorpio fish. Gladly it is only made of fruit.

Of course there must be an Elephant in the parade, next to it a car full of collar lizards.

These female Lion's seem to be running to assist their male colleague in his hunt. Looks spectacular, most of the time lady lions are the ones hunting while his Royal Highness is taking a nap or two, or three.

IMG_0324.JPG.jpgIMG_0336.JPG.jpg09-132037-2609180808-P10600691.JPG.jpg8020390555_7434d848b7_b.jpg
    bee0d3f91e1.jpgfruitcorso_echteld.jpglions.jpgWhatsApp-Image-2019-09-24-at-10.03.394-1024x576.jpeg.jpg

Added april 2nd: at the time the Lounge closed the number of views on this thread stood on: 6.720
    Today the ciunter says: 9.021
    Thank you very much for you interest! And the story continues.
    Chapters added to this journey are the Fruitcorso, 'Township in Chocolate' and 'Let's bake a cake'

The sequel of this thread can be found here
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 04-02-2020 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Add link to Groups