Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Sculptures of Sand, Carving or Ice related to Township

Quote Originally Posted by hbv View Post
    Hi Ruud, such a pleasure to see u've been busy!! Fantastic efforts...the octopus (Hi DD) and is that a hydgiraffe ? I was in Kenya, at a place called Amboseli when the wildebeest passed by... with only a fence/hedge between us thousands stampede past for what seemed like ages! The sound, scent and sight was truly awesome... Thx for the reminder )
    What a great experience you must had at that scene! I've watched it once years ago on television so I can imagine it is even a more impressive happening standing so close to this event!

And about the hydgiraffe; it could be that the designers wanted to show the fight of two male giraffes. In real life they use their necks to show the is strength.
    EPh-QvbU0AAOTyg.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    LOL, good you mentioned that, yes! I wouldn't believe they all are made of flowers, if it wasn't in your posts.
    permanent amazement here now

Thanks as always, Ruud, and hi hbv! to you, too, for adding your memory bit!
    You're welcome DD and I found more impressive videos to share before we go to the Fruit 'department'

Hi Ruud, DD, guys, yes, I was so fortunate, lots of 'input'..if you can, go! Btw, the migrating numbers were so large you literally feel the ground tremble under your feet!! Quite unnerving but captivating...

Hi Ruud, DD, guys, yes, I was so fortunate, lots of 'input'..if you can, go! Btw, the migrating numbers were so large you literally feel the ground tremble under your feet!! Quite unnerving but captivating...
    gnoes.jpg
    No wonder the superlative for 'Stamping' is called 'Stampede'.
    The vibrating soil must be even more impressive with the unpredictable behavior of that enormous stream of ungulates.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 02-21-2020 at 05:16 PM.
    More Township in real life? ​Check new group messages on a regular basis

Still convinced: change what you can't accept; accept what you can't change

Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 122/Android

... the migrating numbers were so large you literally feel the ground tremble under your feet!! Quite unnerving but captivating...
    Quite scaring, rather

Ruud, with the latest pic (Gnus?), there are several pics now with the animals being "squeezed" on a wagon, and only partially, or so it looks. Are they from a specific event, with a corresponding theme, or is it coincidence and the makers just found it good?

Quite scaring, rather

Ruud, with the latest pic (Gnus?), there are several pics now with the animals being "squeezed" on a wagon, and only partially, or so it looks. Are they from a specific event, with a corresponding theme, or is it coincidence and the makers just found it good?
    Gnus ahum Gnoes is the other Dutch name for Wildebeest (although Wildebeest is much more a Dutch word).

The scene of the big emigration was a very extensive one. Other scenes are probably limited by the size of the frame of the floats.
    These photos come from various corsos from different cities and different years.

Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 122/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    No wonder the superlative for 'Stamping' is called 'Stampede'.
    The vibrating soil must be even more impressive with the unpredictable behavior of that enormous stream of ungulates.
    Lol, yes DD, Ruud, this soft westerner definitely felt the 'fight or flight' instinct for a brief moment! Kenya, Africa was an eye-opener on so many different levels, could bore you stupid Travel is an education...we are so small..but can make such a mark. Great Gnu btw lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Gnus ahum Gnoes is the other Dutch name for Wildebeest (although Wildebeest is much more a Dutch word). ...
    I simply used the German word (plural, too), cos I was too lazy to look anything up, had seen the name of your pic (which is why I recognized at all they were what they are *g*), and thought you would assign it accordingly.

hbv, I wish you could find a connection to the game for your "reports" about your travels, and then also post in the Lounge.
    Pictures, too?
    I'd be curious to see how fast you can bore us.

Lol, yes DD, Ruud, this soft westerner definitely felt the 'fight or flight' instinct for a brief moment! Kenya, Africa was an eye-opener on so many different levels, could bore you stupid Travel is an education...we are so small..but can make such a mark. Great Gnu btw lol
    hbv, I wish you could find a connection to the game for your "reports" about your travels, and then also post in the Lounge.
    Pictures, too?
    I'd be curious to see how fast you can bore us.
    I am with DD on this idea of boring us with your travel stories(or at least a good try)
    This platform has proven already to be a good stage for that.

I simply used the German word (plural, too), cos I was too lazy to look anything up, had seen the name of your pic (which is why I recognized at all they were what they are *g*), and thought you would assign it accordingly.
    And it worked out fine again, didn't it

Another fact that limits the possibilities on the format of the float is the space / room where the builders can assemble the creatures...
    To get an impression of that wath the video here.

This huge Iguana is impressive by its self. In this video you'll find out ... there are three of them!

I thought I saw a pussycat... video

In this video an impression of what you have seen on pics but now more like 3D.

Great videos Ruud - such variety...I swear I could almost smell the flowers! Thx guys, I would gladly contribute if I knew how! Also Kenya was the days of photos..remember them lol...the dust from safaris got into my camera ruining it and the negatives..Hey, it was worth it