Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Sculptures of Sand, Carving or Ice related to Township

Wow those ice sculptures are amazing, thank you fir sharing them.
    I am going to miss my icy display, it will be removed to make way fir next regatta display.
    I love that I can change my display area, but don’t like that I have to remove some of them as we move in.
    Oh well, can’t have everything lol

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    Wow those ice sculptures are amazing, thank you fir sharing them.
    I am going to miss my icy display, it will be removed to make way fir next regatta display.
    I love that I can change my display area, but don’t like that I have to remove some of them as we move in.
    Oh well, can’t have everything lol
    Yes our Township town have their seasons too. Just have to wait till next 'Winter'.
    Really thankful for the time in this place called home and for keeping it a good place to keep coming back to
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    ...So now our visit is planned on this Tuesday!
    wishing you 2 much fun and safe journeys for tomorrow, Ruud!
    and - not that you need encoura<g>ement, I know - yes, bring some nice pics or videos, yay.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    wishing you 2 much fun and safe journeys for tomorrow, Ruud!
    and - not that you need encoura<g>ement, I know - yes, bring some nice pics or videos, yay.
    Thank you very much DD and you know me
    Really thankful for the time in this place called home and for keeping it a good place to keep coming back to

So here we are, in Zwolle, at the Ice sculpture festival with this year's Theme 'Travel through Time'.
    The entrance looks like a Time portal and although it is not a TARDIS it seems to work!
    Let's start 230.000 years ago with the Prehistory where Dinosaurs rule the world.

Click on this pic for the first video
    Upon entering you stand eye to eye with a dilophosaurus.
    Walk quickly to see a brave raptor trying to protect his prey from the almighty T-Rex.
    Have a rest at the plant-eater Stegosaurus who sees her baby hatch from the egg.

Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 01-14-2020 at 03:43 PM.

You might have noticed that there are sculptures made of Ice and some made of Snow.
    The Ice is produced in France and Belgium; the Snow is produced locally with a Snow machine.

The large shapes are made with large Ice cubes by four Ice Mason.
    They use forklifts and chainsaws for this job.

After that 42 art workers from all over the world join in to work on more detailed carving the Ice tubes.
    The lady of the catering told us that these are the same artists that worked on the Sand Sculptures!

If you are interested in more information about ice carving than click on first pic of this post.

Fascinating, also the work "around" everything.
    Thanks also for the descriptive sentences, Ruud

What idea is behind the coloured lights; what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Fascinating, also the work "around" everything.
    Thanks also for the descriptive sentences, Ruud

What idea is behind the coloured lights; what do you think?
    Glad to hear from you after a short break.
    I really have no clue what brought the artists on the idea of combining a light show with all of these freezing sculptures.

It was very nice to see those Dinosaurs after finishing the Dinosaur display in my Zoo.
    And I was completely surprised while I entered the next room!

Not just one.... but two Saber-toothed Tigers come down through the rocks to make a move on a huge mammoth that slowly sinks into a tar pit.

Click pic above for video

Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 01-16-2020 at 04:39 PM. Reason: Add video

If you take a sharp look you might discover a guy with a sword standing behind the Mammoth on the last picture of last post

A closer look learns us that he is fighting a huge Bear. An other angry specie I saw on the Wood carving festival in Garderen last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    ... It was very nice to see those Dinosaurs after finishing the Dinosaur display in my Zoo.
    And I was completely surprised while I entered the next room!
    Not just one.... but two Saber-toothed Tigers come down through the rocks to make a move on a huge mammoth that slowly sinks into a tar pit.
    well, there's only one explanation: that the artists there play TS, too, and have seen our towns and copied that part for their exhibition. <serious look>