Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Sculptures of Sand, Carving or Ice related to Township

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    well, there's only one explanation: that the artists there play TS, too, and have seen our towns and copied that part for their exhibition. <serious look>
    Those artists most definitely must play TS; what else could ever courses their inspiration to create...

... Stonehenge in Ice!?!

And this one? Maybe some of them are related to our dear Downton???
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 01-16-2020 at 06:51 PM.
    It is wiser to light a candle than to complain about the darkness - Lao Tse
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 117/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Those artists most definitely must play TS; what else could ever courses their inspiration to create...

... Stonehenge in Ice!?! ...
    Eggsactly! Looks like ours ingame!

I'm not sure about the pink-shining animals, what they represent, so not sure about the relation to Downton... now, if they were trees, of course...!

Eggsactly! Looks like ours ingame!

I'm not sure about the pink-shining animals, what they represent, so not sure about the relation to Downton... now, if they were trees, of course...!
    'Let's talk about...'

Pink...

Curling tale...

Like to have as pet someday...?

And with Stonehedge the Time travel brought us in ancient times (3000 BC).

Next display is from Ancient Egypt with hieroglyphs, Jackal statues Tutankhamun and Cleopatra.
    And here the lights work really well to show that ancient writing in the wall.

... and it is no Cleopatra but my wife Anne that waves Hello in the video!

... and it is no Cleopatra but my wife Anne that waves Hello in the video!
    Yay, how sweet! waving back to Anne...!
    A great show indeed!

(as for the connection to Downton, I'll have to wait and see her reaction; I don't get it yet, sorry Where is she, anyway?! (and JayS and Twilight and Maggie and... ))

Yay, how sweet! waving back to Anne...!
    A great show indeed!

(as for the connection to Downton, I'll have to wait and see her reaction; I don't get it yet, sorry Where is she, anyway?! (and JayS and Twilight and Maggie and... ))
    Thumbs up from Anne!
    And to solve the issue, there are two pigs on the display of Stonehedge

Yes, it is a little bit quiet here...
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 117/Android

...And to solve the issue, there are two pigs on the display of Stonehedge
    oh IC. Your "tale=tail" threw me, lol, but if Downton wants pigs, I must have overlooked it; I'm just aware of the trees
    Now, what do pigs have to do with Stonehenge?!

Yes, it is a little bit quiet here...
    everyone exhausted from New Year parties...?

oh IC. Your "tale=tail" threw me, lol, but if Downton wants pigs, I must have overlooked it; I'm just aware of the trees
    Now, what do pigs have to do with Stonehenge?!

everyone exhausted from New Year parties...?
    Writing 'uit de losse pols'(w o Google translate check) does have a risk
    It is New Year parties or Santa who keep them away

I really have no clue what pigs have to do with Stonehenge.

The Lantern Festival Event is upcoming and I have some decors... In Sand!

About Pigs and Stonehedge Google told me this:

Huge stone structures such as Stonehenge were probably used for religious gatherings by people from the late Stone Age, around 2600 BC.
    At these parties, guests from different corners of Great Britain took pigs to slaughter, say researchers at Cardiff University.
    They come to that conclusion after examining the bones of 131 pigs slaughtered at those ceremonies.

Archaeologists found the pork skeletons in four places in the Stonehenge area where supposedly religious ceremonies were organized:
    Durrington Walls, Mount Pleasant, Marden and West Kennet Palisade Enclosures.
    However, most of the pigs found were found not to come from this area, but from places as far away as Scotland.
    This shows that such ceremonies were important social gatherings for people from all over Britain, the researchers believe.

Researchers don't know for sure why people traveled such distances with their pigs.
    Participants in the parties were probably obliged to bring their own beef cattle.
    Professor Harry Fokkens, professor of prehistory in Europe at Leiden University, finds this quite plausible: "On behalf of the gods they did everything."

And not only pigs were taken to the ceremonies.
    At one of the sites, Durrington Walls, archaeologists previously found the bones of cows.
    "Then it was also found that this cattle came from elsewhere," says Fokkens.
    Over water Cows were easier to transport over long distances.
    "You just can't walk a few hundred kilometers with pigs," says Fokkens.
    The scientists therefore suspect that partygoers were using water transport.
    "We know these people had boats," said Fokkens. For example, these boats were trunk canoes, but also larger, more seaworthy, vessels.
    "For example, prehistoric tribes from Indonesia and Papua New Guinea are known to transport livestock in this way."

Scientists were able to determine the origin of the bones on the basis of isotopes.
    These are atoms whose weight ratio differs slightly per type of soil, and therefore per area.
    By studying these atoms it can be traced where someone, or in this case an animal, grew up.
    "A very solid investigation," says Fokkens. "We are used to research based on strontium and oxygen isotopes.
    These researchers also looked at sulfur and nitrogen, for example.
    "Human skeletons would be a more direct indication of such research into ancient civilizations, but in this case it was difficult.
    "Because people cremated their dead, we hardly have any human remains from this time," says Fokkens. Animal skeletons are available to a greater extent."

So this could explain the pigs in this display.