Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Sculptures of Sand, Carving or Ice related to Township

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    A watermelon!! I had been wondering why it was so red..! Looks as scaring as a rabbit can be
    He has inserted something as eyes, right? wonder why he doesn't show it.
    But then the video gets hectical, it makes me dizzy with these fast, clipped movements.
    And he's done after half of the 5 minutes with the carving. Strange guy, with the 2nd part...

Is the frog holding something? what's that curled part..?

Not sure yet, but somehow this kind seems even more of a strange idea (as in amazing) than the ice.
    The carver is definite a great artist; the camera man / woman / movie editor is not IMO too.
    And indeed there is something about the eyes...
    Very nice to see is the 'for beginners' video next to it.

The frog is keeping roses and on his stomach you can see the kernel that is still in the avocado.

After my working day I will add some more animals (this time from the Zoo)
    And I have found another topic to add to this thread based on using fruit and ... flowers!!!
    It is wiser to light a candle than to complain about the darkness - Lao Tse
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 118/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    The carver is definite a great artist; the camera man / woman / movie editor is not IMO too.
    LOL, yes, or that.

The frog is keeping roses and on ....
    oh yes, I see it now! thx

And I have found another topic to add to this thread based on using fruit and ... flowers!!!
    I see you are still trying to make me speechless... one can carve flowers?!

Have a good day!

So who knows what museum visits by Forum members will bring us!
    Anne and I booked a city trip to Valencia in June yesterday so who knows what that holiday will bring.

I read Ruud that you are going to Valencia in June. A great city was there one day during a cruise. They have a parade there every year in March called Fallas. A parade with all kinds of papier-mâché dolls, etc. You should take a look at Google. There is a nice museum there, the Museo Fallero on the Plaza Monteolivete 4 near the Science Museum Park. If you have the time, you should definitely take a look there. You see the history and dolls there, etc. I think this will interest you after all the sculptures. There is also another museum the Museo del Gremio Artesano de Artistas Falleros whatever has to do with it but I have not been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Macha View Post
    So who knows what museum visits by Forum members will bring us!
    Anne and I booked a city trip to Valencia in June yesterday so who knows what that holiday will bring.

I read Ruud that you are going to Valencia in June. A great city was there one day during a cruise. They have a parade there every year in March called Fallas. A parade with all kinds of papier-mâché dolls, etc. You should take a look at Google. There is a nice museum there, the Museo Fallero on the Plaza Monteolivete 4 near the Science Museum Park. If you have the time, you should definitely take a look there. You see the history and dolls there, etc. I think this will interest you after all the sculptures. There is also another museum the Museo del Gremio Artesano de Artistas Falleros whatever has to do with it but I have not been there.
    Thank you for the Tips Macha
    We wil stay in Valencia for eight days so there will definitely be time to visit a lot of these musea and other stuff.
    And the Papier-Maché puppets are really worth the search...
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; Today at 06:07 PM.
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 118/Android

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I see you are still trying to make me speechless... one can carve flowers?!

Have a good day!
    No, the flowers won't be carved this time. Reading Macha's post you might find a clue where she is talking about papier-maché based festivals.

In Holland we call it 'Bloemcorso'; in English Flower Parade!
    And the Papier-Maché is really worth the search

As promised this morning we are arrived in the Zoo.

Let's take look at the Birds department

[IMG=https://i.postimg.cc/wvsV2kHg/fruit-and-vegetable-carving-eagle-momooze-com-mom-magazine.jpg[/IMG]