Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Sculptures of Sand, Carving or Ice related to Township

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    For real??? Chocolate in your house and still there??? That must be quite an impressive decoration!
    Really curious now; is it carved chocolate?
    lol, no - they are really tiny deco thingies, like a little bear sitting on a golden throne. So small that I can survive not eating it (esp. as I have other supplies, of course)

and goodie, what art is shown there! I also watched (fast forward) the next video, called about Pastry Art, and am still speechless.
    They also made (many!) Oscar statues, the earth-carrying Atlas, and a clock, and a grammophone... from chocolate!
    I wouldn't know how the things they build work in reality NOR how they are done with this material then... Wahnsinn!

I mean I couldn't stand living next to all these things for longer, lol, too delicious, but anyway: thanks for finding this variant, too, Ruud!

I’m back again to see your wonderful post Rudd. I’m always amazed by what can be done with the various materials.
    Chocolate is one I used to see regularly, in my home town we had a shop that sold the sculptures in chocolate and other sweets too.
    Sadly that shop has now gone, but it always made for great window shopping.
    My sis bought me the shoes, and I kept them for ages, I just didn’t want to eat them lol...but eventually I had to.

Restaurants are getting more and more creative with their presentation of fruit and vegetables.
    I remember as a child my mother doing various things to the salad to make it pretty. Simple things like the twisted cucumber, and the star shaped tomatoes. But to a child they were amazing lol.

Thank you once again for sharing your awesome pictures. As Arnie woukd say...I’ll be back

So 'TS in Chocolate' and Pastry Art definitely deserve a chapter here for themselves!
    Time to go back to fruit and vegetables and that started with the carrat flower.
    And among us there are a lot of flower lovers too so let's see how they can be carved out of.these products of nature.

And every linked webpage brings us more species of beautiful artwork like this:
    fruit-and-vegetable-carving-pumpkin-flowers-momooze.com-mom-magazine.jpg fruit-and-vegetable-carving-women-mermaids-canteloupe-momooze.com-mom-magazine.jpg fruit-and-vegetable-carving-carved-peacock-momooze.com-mom-magazine.jpg fruit-and-vegetable-carving-egg-carving-momooze.com-mom-magazine.jpg fruit-and-vegetable-carving-peanut-carving-momooze.com-mom-magazine.jpg watermelon-carving-600w-199253867.jpg three-sheep-chew-grass-crafts-600w-117457888.jpg
    And that makes it hard to stick to just the Flowers or what ever subject we will be talking about at any moment on this trip, but I keep on trying
    Change what you can't accept, accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 120/Android

sheeeep! lol! (will have to add THE right emoji later; the site is not available since hours)

Is that a "carved egg"? and a carved peanut?? caaaan't believe it!

And 'TS in Chocolate' sounds good!
    Last edited by _DD_; 01-25-2020 at 03:58 PM.

Yes, they carved Peanuts and Eggs!
    6865d8d6c73442904b134981bf11b29c--food-carving-fruit-carving.jpg 14d1c4507c9fa3c5fe72b7b84cf15a15--lotus-flowers-fruit-flowers.jpg watermelon-carving-600w-199253867.jpg 8f1e3981ab64afad9a482c1087b96a9a.jpg
    And these Lotuses and Water Lilies are made from an Onion, Kiwifruit, Watermelon and Papaya!

More info about Fruit and Vegetable carving on Wikipedia.
    And did you know that there are Carved Fruit festivals during Songkran Thai Traditional New Year?
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 120/Android

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    ...And did you know that there are Carved Fruit festivals during Songkran Thai Traditional New Year?
    LOL, no (and I won't search through ALL the articles there ), and they say “a very common technique in Europe and.." - I live in a different world, obviously *G*. But it looks beautiful.
    And I hope, if they do many of them for festivals, exhibitions and the like, that they also have found a meaningful use for them soon afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    LOL, no (and I won't search through ALL the articles there ), and they say “a very common technique in Europe and.." - I live in a different world, obviously *G*. But it looks beautiful.
    And I hope, if they do many of them for festivals, exhibitions and the like, that they also have found a meaningful use for them soon afterwards.
    The disadvantage of using food as a basis for these art objects is and remains the perishability of it.
    Even used Halloween pumpkins have been exposed to bacteria and cannot be used for human consumption without proper heating.
    Still it is a shame to just throw it away afterwards so I suspect it ends up as animal feed or something like that.

Talking about animals; you already have seen some sheep so let's search for more.

LOL! ARE these cute!
    I admire the patience of these ppl...

and I do hope, the artwork becomes animal food afterwards at least. Terrible idea to throw all that food away, cos one made it uneatable by the (exhibition=waiting) process.

(English speaking folks: uneatable or inedible? Translation is 100% the same, ungenießbar/nicht essbar. Any difference in meaning?)

And there is some Wildlife in our towns:

Rabbit (includes vid) and Frog (avocado art)

A watermelon!! I had been wondering why it was so red..! Looks as scaring as a rabbit can be
    He has inserted something as eyes, right? wonder why he doesn't show it.
    But then the video gets hectical, it makes me dizzy with these fast, clipped movements.
    And he's done after half of the 5 minutes with the carving. Strange guy, with the 2nd part...

Is the frog holding something? what's that curled part..?

Not sure yet, but somehow this kind seems even more of a strange idea (as in amazing) than the ice.