Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Sculptures of Sand, Carving or Ice related to Township

When we talk about Sculptures, we often think first of images of Stone, Clay and Bronze.
    So who knows what museum visits by Forum members will bring us!
    Anne and I booked a city trip to Valencia in June yesterday so who knows what that holiday will bring us.

But you don't have to wait for a new chapter in this thread that long.
    As 'an Englishman in New York' I googled the meaning of 'Carving' and those descriptions reminded me of another material to carve.
    Not as hard as Stone nor so durable that it can be stored for months or even for weeks.
    It is an 'everyday material' colorful and tasteful ...

What about
    FRUIT and VEGETABLES!?!
    Change what you can't accept, accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 119/Android

Fruit and Vegetables can be carved into sculptures? Sure, I'd like to see that

Picture is found on thispage.

The first time I saw a veggie sculpture was in my childhood when I went to dinner with my parents and brothers and sister at a Chinese restaurant.
    On the plate where my main menu was presented layed a carved carrot in the shape of a rose.
    I wondered if this was purely for decoration or intended to be eaten (or are these decorations reused?)
    These questions have remained unanswered until now. But perhaps we will get more clarity if we investigate this topic further ...

And this investigation means we go on a on line search for these kind of sculptures and I will make it a habit to link to the original website where I found the info. Of course is everyone els invited to join in this exiting activity.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 01-24-2020 at 03:52 PM.
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 119/Android

A Rose, okay that seems easy to do, but what about these ones?
    istockphoto-1125439549-1024x1024.jpg 1265b75bb2d399f4f649b67203798002.jpg
    Pictures found here and here
    The right picture shows a Dragon and Phoenix on clouds - this vegetable dish was made with white radishes and carrots.
    These once were carrots too....
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 01-23-2020 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Added text

dragons from carrots, I can hardly believe it

I didn't see them somewhere yet either. As you say unanswered question: did you not ask your parents whether you could eat it?

and btw, the link in #133 doesn't work; it's not only the setting on the word, but when I copy it to use outside, it brings me to a Google app for downloading

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    dragons from carrots, I can hardly believe it

I didn't see them somewhere yet either. As you say unanswered question: did you not ask your parents whether you could eat it?

and btw, the link in #133 doesn't work; it's not only the setting on the word, but when I copy it to use outside, it brings me to a Google app for downloading
    About asking that question: when we were kids we were not stimulated in asking questions, there was not a lot of communication in our family at all btw, so that didn't come through my mind at that moment. Perhaps I took a little bite from it but I don't exactly remember that.
    Me not being a talker may be a little surprise to you but I have worked on that

The issue with pictures from Pinterest is indeed that to see the original photo you have to log in. So added link is purely for copyright reasons, not to force my viewers to join in overthere.
    Wanna know how it is done?
    Impressive video, right!?!

original
    Even a Banana based Dragon is possibly although I doubt the Expiration date of it
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 01-24-2020 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    ....Perhaps I took a little bite from it but I don't exactly remember that.
    Me not being a talker may be a little surprise to you but I have worked on that
    lol, really?! and you being timid about testing things might have changed a little, too, eh?

The issue with pictures from Pinterest is indeed that to see the original photo you have to log in. So added link is purely for copyright reasons, not to force my viewers to join in overthere.
    no, I don't think so, as the Pinterest links worked in the next post w/o problems (#134, they sit on the word "here"). In the post I mentioned the link setting is corrupted, it looks like this for me:

Screenshot_20200124-092301.jpg (tap to enlarge)

as well as in the post I am replying to, there is an invalid attachment:
    Attachment 52792

which vanishes on replying, it seems.

But the dragons ARE impressive I have hardly the patience to watch them being made, the less doing it!
    Last edited by _DD_; 01-24-2020 at 08:33 AM.

lol, really?! and you being timid about testing things might have changed a little, too, eh?
    no, I don't think so, as the Pinterest links worked in the next post w/o problems (#134, they sit on the word "here"). In the post I mentioned the link setting is corrupted, it looks like this for me:

Screenshot_20200124-092301.jpg (tap to enlarge)

as well as in the post I am replying to, there is an invalid attachment:
    Attachment 52792

which vanishes on replying, it seems.

But the dragons ARE impressive I have hardly the patience to watch them being made, the less doing it!
    Yes, changing from timid to inquisitive and self-confidence was certainly a life-changing development.
    It was my membership of the Works Council of my company and not least my wife Anne what / who helped with that.

I overlooked the first not working link and repaired it just now.
    I've noticed the issue with the attachment link but have no clue why it is disfunctional now and then so I have replaced it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Yes, changing from timid to inquisitive and self-confidence was certainly a life-changing development.
    Quite good development, wasn't it
    and THX for repairing the links/pics! they all work now.

I want such a banana! although I am not sure I could ruin it by eating it... (they're probably not meant for it anyway *g*)
    It reminds me of these little Christmas deco things of chocolate - if they're decorative, I "can't" eat them, and now they're still standing there. :-D

Quite good development, wasn't it
    and THX for repairing the links/pics! they all work now.

I want such a banana! although I am not sure I could ruin it by eating it... (they're probably not meant for it anyway *g*)
    It reminds me of these little Christmas deco things of chocolate - if they're decorative, I "can't" eat them, and now they're still standing there. :-D
    For real??? Chocolate in your house and still there??? That must be quite an impressive decoration!
    Really curious now; is it carved chocolate?

Your comment provides a turn on our search for this form of Carving:

Carved Chocolate Canache Cake (looks like our TS Candles)

Carved Chocolate High Heels

From the same page the High heels pic is linked to

How this is done