Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Sculptures of Sand, Carving or Ice related to Township

Quote Originally Posted by hbv View Post
    Great videos Ruud - such variety...I swear I could almost smell the flowers!

Thx guys, I would gladly contribute if I knew how! Also Kenya was the days of photos..remember them lol...the dust from safaris got into my camera ruining it and the negatives..Hey, it was worth it
    I am confident that together we will find a way to share your travel stories.

For now the last Animal Flower floats:

Have you ever noticed the Meerkats in the bushes around our Zoo? Not in our Zoo, but also cute: Ring-tailed lemurs

The Parrots and Cockatoo parade and a family of Snow Owls

A flaming Peacock and a scene with Seals and Penguins

A 'provocative' Porcupine and last but not least: the King of Animals
    Really thankful for the time in this place called home and for keeping it a good place to keep coming back to
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/Android

Amazing videos about amazing art - thanks Ruud! (took me some time to watch them all, that's why I'm late )
    you're right - huge things they have to build... and so many ppl helping!
    In the Iguana video, I wished they had subtitles (English, f.e.) - some I even understand, lol.
    And the moving pussycat... fantastic!
    The last video had some with wonderful colours! (and people??)

The photos above give a great connection to TS again
    If I had a garden, I'd want such an animal in it... :-D maybe the peacock, looks more harmless!
    Last edited by _DD_; 02-24-2020 at 06:00 PM.

Great stuff Ruud, love the lion, but then I'm biased being a Leo
    Hi DD, I did the same they're huge and highlight the work involved! The articulated iguana slowly ambling down the road with his, (maybe her) friends or family. The diversity in the last video continued to impress, from babies to the grim reaper and almost everything in between...brilliant I couldn't understand the language...do you know if it was done in categories Ruud?

... I couldn't understand the language...do you know if it was done in categories Ruud?
    ooh, good question! that would explain a few things. - TIA, Ruud!

(poor Ruud - now he must add yet another task to his already great work here )

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Amazing videos about amazing art - thanks Ruud! (took me some time to watch them all, that's why I'm late )
    you're right - huge things they have to build... and so many ppl helping!
    In the Iguana video, I wished they had subtitles (English, f.e.) - some I even understand, lol.
    And the moving pussycat... fantastic!
    The last video had some with wonderful colours! (and people??)
    The photos above give a great connection to TS again
    If I had a garden, I'd want such an animal in it... :-D maybe the peacock, looks more harmless!
    Great stuff Ruud, love the lion, but then I'm biased being a Leo
    Hi DD, I did the same they're huge and highlight the work involved! The articulated iguana slowly ambling down the road with his, (maybe her) friends or family. The diversity in the last video continued to impress, from babies to the grim reaper and almost everything in between...brilliant I couldn't understand the language...do you know if it was done in categories Ruud?
    ooh, good question! that would explain a few things. - TIA, Ruud!

(poor Ruud - now he must add yet another task to his already great work here )
    Sounds like there is some homework for me on subtitling/ explanation on those last videos *g*
    But not tonight! It is Carnaval/Carnival time in many countries and also in some Provinces in the Netherlands{not in mine)
    and in addition to partying, music and dancing people (and for many a legitimate reason to take a fair amount of alcohol), there are also parades WITH decorated Floats!
    Sometimes these cars are decorate with flowers too but most used materials are Styrofoam and Papier-Maché.
    The risk with the use of these lightweight materials in my country is that in stormy weather the procession will unfortunately not go through. The work of months has been for nothing because most Carnival cities do not have a large hall where the cars can still be viewed.

In recent days I have searched a lot for online Dutch photo material of Township related Carnaval floats.
    Among the often caricature like models, I found only one: Crazy cows ... !!!
    Really thankful for the time in this place called home and for keeping it a good place to keep coming back to

The really impressive Carnival floats I found in Rio de Janeiro, Party Capital during this period.
    The Sambadrome in that city is the place to be to watch a very colourful parade.

Colourful Ocean displays

Dragons... Of course!

Parrots, Eagle and Swan

More Ocean and a float with Lizzards and a Armadillo

Tucan, Jaguar and an Eagle in parade

and a huge Egyptian display

And because it is even more to see the parades in motion a video that opens the possibility to see much more!

Here in Germany, quite a few Carnival parades were cancelled also due to stormy weather. Poor guys who had prepared for them!

The pictures - and colours - are great again, Ruud! with maybe the only exception of a white dragon, pfft - but the other makes up for it!
    I still very much appreciate your "subtitles" here, Ruud!
    btw, are the men in the Egypt pic real humans, yes? not made of flowers and part of the deco?

OMG - you've out done yourself with this one Ruud...Fantastic!! It's funny, I was thinking there'd been few Egyptian items and super BOOM!! - a flaming mazing. I couldn't suppress a chortle at imagining stormy weather, and seeing the expressions of people (including me) as these do acrobatics ... lol...bit dangerous actually..and the papier mache wouldn't resist rain well! Rio interests me, always fancied the Mardi Gras...Have any of you TS ppl been?

I just watched that video again Ruud...I love it...what a joy! Many Thanks! Better save harder

Here in Germany, quite a few Carnival parades were cancelled also due to stormy weather. Poor guys who had prepared for them!

The pictures - and colours - are great again, Ruud! with maybe the only exception of a white dragon, pfft - but the other makes up for it!
    I still very much appreciate your "subtitles" here, Ruud!
    btw, are the men in the Egypt pic real humans, yes? not made of flowers and part of the deco?
    That are real men and a lot of dancers are guiding these platforms and dance on it.