Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Sculptures of Sand, Carving or Ice related to Township

As expected - absolutely awesome...they're huge! I imagine it's the sweetest smelling parade ever, and not a wilted tulip in sight Thx for the links too Ruud

ooh... they are made from flowers! wow - hadn't seen that either yet. It certainly exists here, too, somewhere, but I must have lived in the jun<g>le.

Thanks, Ruud!

Either this thread is very weird, or the mushrooms are kicking in sooner than planned

Quote Originally Posted by hbv View Post
    As expected - absolutely awesome...they're huge! I imagine it's the sweetest smelling parade ever, and not a wilted tulip in sight Thx for the links too Ruud
    Yes, they are and some yet to come creatures are even bigger!
    The petal of the tulip is unfortunately too fragile to use for this.
    The hyacinth as a whole plume or the separate small flowers can be used.
    Dutch flower processions can be divided into two categories: Dahlia corsos and non-Dahlia corsos.
    The Dahlia parades take place in September, during the flowering time of this flower.
    The joint construction of the floats and the view of the parade of these carriages is primarily creative and social in nature.

The non-Dahlia parades usually take place in Spring and have a more commercial character. For example, there is a Bloemcorso in the Bollenstreek that has a direct link with Keukenhof. In this case the flower arrangement is mainly used as an art form.

And sometimes there are festivals that combine both.
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    ooh... they are made from flowers! wow - hadn't seen that either yet. It certainly exists here, too, somewhere, but I must have lived in the jun<g>le.

Thanks, Ruud!
    Yes, happy to see I succeeded in the surprise
    No harm in a little search for those parades in Germany too, right?
    Although they are quite crowd and there was a time the Aalsmeer parade was broadcasted on National television here to enjoy them in an easy way.
    More Township in real life? ​Check new group messages on a regular basis

Still convinced: change what you can't accept; accept what you can't change

Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 122/Android

Hyacinths and Dahlias...mmm, so fragrant The mother and cub tiger is amazing...but once again, such a shame when these fruit and flora have played their part so beautifully! Life's too short eh!
    Tag: G3H65P Levels:- Township: 117 Fishdom: 3000

Quote Originally Posted by hbv View Post
    Hyacinths and Dahlias...mmm, so fragrant The mother and cub tiger is amazing...but once again, such a shame when these fruit and flora have played their part so beautifully! Life's too short eh!

Quite a job, right?

Yes, it is a shame!
    The builders are often volunteers who work on the floats for months before a one-day procession and the car is dismantled the following day.
    Half of it ends up with scrap iron, the other half will be residual waste.
    Because the flower buds are attached to the substrate with iron wire, staples and nails, they cannot be processed into compost.

BTW: some Flower parades are free to watch while they drive through their town; sometimes there is a 'restricted area' in a town and you have to pay for a seat in one of the stands along the route.

Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 122/Android

And that Tiger naturally challenges me to start again at Zoo Animals.
    But let's stay in our Town this time. Houses, community buildings and planes also pass by in these parades.

Houses in Halloween style and for at the Port.

The Cinema and the Organ House

The fire brigade in action and the plane

A swarm of piggy banks is even passing by and on special request from a suspected user this last float.(LOL)

LOL, beautiful!
    just... what is the last one?

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    LOL, beautiful!
    just... what is the last one?
    I could keep on talking in riddles.
    But to answer your answer w / o the influence of mind-expanding agents: Mushrooms...!

I almost forgot the Circus!

And of course there are decorations we win in Regattas (Odesus's ships from Ancient Legend season and 'Flying Dutchman')

And Events!(The Crab from the Underwater Event and Space Season)
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 02-05-2020 at 04:34 PM.

LOL, Ruud! I see, thx (you meant a suspecting user).

Really beautiful, but I wouldn't recognize them all thx for explaining.