Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Sculptures of Sand, Carving or Ice related to Township

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    Yes it was watermelon based and link is repaired.
    Wait a bit but with a lot of curiosity right?
    thx+yw. And n/p - no rush!

... this male Orangutan comes into view, made up of several pumpkins.
    And the linked newsletter shows more beauties.
    you know from this pic that it's a He? <g, d + r!>

btw, had to "search" a bit, and click around, cos the link didn't activate very fast, so (you remember: NOT patient enough yet, ok?) would appreciate a clearer hint: either tell us which photo (1st!) or simply put the link on a word (there I can see it from colour change, although I personally prefer the common additional underlining, which Playrix or vBulletin haven't setup here)

Can't be better than closing this chapter with an elephant from pumpkins.
    Yes, very fitting (they must have read here, too! *G*), but they are all amazing
    What ideas...what time people must have.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    thx+yw. And n/p - no rush!

you know from this pic that it's a He? <g, d + r!>

btw, had to "search" a bit, and click around, cos the link didn't activate very fast, so (you remember: NOT patient enough yet, ok?) would appreciate a clearer hint: either tell us which photo (1st!) or simply put the link on a word (there I can see it from colour change, although I personally prefer the common additional underlining, which Playrix or vBulletin haven't setup here)

Yes, very fitting (they must have read here, too! *G*), but they are all amazing
    What ideas...what time people must have.
    Female Orang-utans have a smaller face.

Adult males have large cheek flaps to show their dominance to other males.
    The cheek flaps are made mostly of fatty tissue and are supported by the musculature of the face.
    Mature males' throat pouches allow them to make loud calls. (Source: Wikipedia)
    More Township in real life? ​Check new group messages on a regular basis

Still convinced: change what you can't accept; accept what you can't change

Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 122/Android

Adult males have large cheek flaps to show their dominance to other males. ...
    ah yes. If you say so...

Great observation and information Ruud, but why did I have this irresistible urge to chortle when I read that... does my face look big in this...lol

Adult males have large cheek flaps to show their dominance to other males.
    The cheek flaps are made mostly of fatty tissue and are supported by the musculature of the face.
    Mature males' throat pouches allow them to make loud calls. (Source: Wikipedia)
    ah yes. If you say so...
    Quote Originally Posted by hbv View Post
    Great observation and information Ruud, but why did I have this irresistible urge to chortle when I read that... does my face look big in this...lol

There are three different subspecies of the Orangutans and with all three the male has these cheek flaps.
    The female orangutans also feel a major effect on the male wikt the biggest cheek flaps.
    For example, I read in the paper last year that there was a female orangutan in a zoo that preferred the adult male orangutan in the neighboring cage to the young adult Uruguayan present in her enclosure.
    A DNA test showed that they turned out to be pregnant with him, so bars did not stop them from doing what they liked to do.

Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 122/Android

And this chapter was not really over...
    The artist couple that produced the Orang-utan created some more beautiful pumpkin sculptures:

Glad to know Saber-toothed tigers lived ages ago from this cute baby Elephant

And they have worked with Sand too (and another material used as base to shape really nice thing that really deserve a chapter of their own in this thread)

If you want to see more details and how this Chess playing duo is created click here.

And quite a herd with a special message...
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 01-31-2020 at 11:57 PM.

Next chapter: Flower and Fruit parades

The next topic I like to research are the Fruit and Flower parades that are so familiar in my country and that also can be related to our game.

Wow, that chess playing elephant is far out! Thx for taking the time to post these, appreciated, and for the giggle with the 'orangutan booty next door' story

I thought I had posted earlier, that they are great, but was so distracted by the Chess playing duo that obviously not - I went on from that linked site to more of the same and then something else, but also funny - good grief, where did the time go?! LOL

Now am curious how Flower parade will be something new/different (in THIS thread) than the carved fruits.

I thought I had posted earlier, that they are great, but was so distracted by the Chess playing duo that obviously not - I went on from that linked site to more of the same and then something else, but also funny - good grief, where did the time go?! LOL

Now am curious how Flower parade will be something new/different (in THIS thread) than the carved fruits.
    Time flies when you're having none

Bloemencorso (a Dutch word) means "flower parade", "flower pageant" or "flower procession".In a parade of this kind the floats (praalwagens), cars and (in some cases) boats are magnificently decorated or covered in flowers.
    This custom goes back as far as the middle ages. Each parade has its own character, charm and theme.
    Many towns and regions in the Netherlands and Belgium hold parades every year.
    This and a list of Flower Parades I found on Wikipedia.

And hot news: this January Minister van Engelshoven from the Netherlands recites the Flowers parades at home and abroad for the International Intangible Heritage List of world heritage organization Unesco.

Let's start with our Farm animals

And chickens enough to be Cackling about
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 02-01-2020 at 07:23 PM.