Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sculptures of Sand, Carving or Ice related to Township

Sculptures of Sand, Carving or Ice related to Township

Today my wife and I visited a Sand Sculpture Festival and we were amazed!
    We had already been to Sand Sculpture festivals in our country at previous festivals, but this one exceeded!
    And in addition to sand sculptures, there were also sculptures of carvings, equally impressive!
    And among those Creations I noticed (of course) many, many Township related items.

The name of the Festival was 'Journey around the World'.
    So I would like to take you on a journey of discovery through this Exposition.
    And maybe you have come across something yourself,in the past or nowadays,
    did you see Sand Sculptures, Wood Carvings, Ice sculptures or something similar,
    then you are of course invited to share this.

Like to go with me on this new exiting journey?
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 09-17-2019 at 09:35 PM.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

While i often come across real life things that make me think of township, i haven’t seen that many sand sculptures. This looks really cool Ruud and i’d love to see more!
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

Great to hear you're on board of this trip, Maggie
    The minus of taking photos of 3D sculptures is that I could one Dimension.

In this case: on the photo above it looks like I almost missed the Elephant
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 115/Android

haven't seen anything like this yet, amazing! hope you'll show us some more, Ruud.

Look great. Is this in Barneveld? They have every year another theme. I was there two years ago. Its a great place there

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    haven't seen anything like this yet, amazing! hope you'll show us some more, Ruud.
    Yes DD, the tour will be continued step by step
    The Sand sculptures are made of River sand. It has a different structure then the sand found on our beaches. River sand is more square formed while Sea sand is more round, granular. That is why these sculptures can keep their form for months.

At the end of the Festival, Blind and Visually impaired people are invited to 'see' the Sand Sculptures. That of course happens with their hands and that won't hurt. The sand is then stored to be used again next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macha View Post
    Look great. Is this in Barneveld? They have every year another theme. I was there two years ago. Its a great place there
    Macha you are almost right! It is the place you have in mind but the name of the town is Garderen.
    At Zandvoort sometimes are Sand sculpture contests. The sculptures then are places at the beach and in the small town.

Two years back? So you have a picture of you sitting next to Obama too (or may be that was in earlier years)
    This year they show us six World leaders (and in the middle our own Prime minister Rutte).
    20190918_151502-min.jpg 20190918_151417-min.jpg 20190918_151553-min.jpg
    May{}be politics are changing but please keep in mind being political is not the intention of me or the sculpture builders.
    Last edited by Rocky_Ruud; 09-18-2019 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Pictures added

I've kept Jay's advice on my on my travel to this spot to also look out for the topics on the 'Frequently suggested' list IRL.
    Let me start right away with the request about Zoom Out Feature To View Entire Town.
    It has become a movie, but it is all about the same idea.

After this I will discuss the buildings in this Town more individually.

So that was the overview.
    Now it's time to view the combination of buildings more per display and occasionally highlight a 'Special Spot' or 'Wish list' building.

lol, these are the buildings we have, right?! too good

and that is all from sand..??

why is there so strange lighting (Beleuchtung)?

These are stunning Ruud and considering I live by the beach and make sandcastles with the kids all the time I never knew there were different types of sand.

Looking forward to seeing more.