Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: blue balloons during special events

blue balloons during special events

What happens if I don't open the blue balloons right away? Re the blue balloons that you get when you help someone or when someone sends you a daily gift - Can I let them sit there for a long time, or will they disappear after a day or two? When there's a special event on, the blue balloons seem to be filled with stuff related to the special event. If I don't particularly want that stuff, can I wait until the special event is over before I open the balloon, and will it then contain something else?

Quote Originally Posted by douglasnorth View Post
    ... When there's a special event on, the blue balloons seem to be filled with stuff related to the special event. If I don't particularly want that stuff, can I wait until the special event is over before I open the balloon, and will it then contain something else?
    For me the balloons are not blue, but golden, but from your description I believe we mean the same, and then the answer is Yes My Coop-partner does it all the time - has re-arranged a corner of her town to move / "collect" the balloons there (in order not to open them accidentally), and opens them, when event is over. They obviously have then their usual contents again.
    Last edited by _DD_; 09-15-2019 at 06:41 AM. Reason: ah obv forgot the 2nd type - thx Charlie! and thx sunshine&rainbow for the hint :)

Interesting, my balloons from Ernie are gold, but gifts from friends are blue. Am intrigued as to how to move them without opening them.

AlwaysKimmie
    Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Interesting, my balloons from Ernie are gold, but gifts from friends are blue. Am intrigued as to how to move them without opening them.
    Jay mine are the same and agree would like to know how also.

Quote Originally Posted by douglasnorth View Post
    What happens if I don't open the blue balloons right away? Re the blue balloons that you get when you help someone or when someone sends you a daily gift - Can I let them sit there for a long time, or will they disappear after a day or two? When there's a special event on, the blue balloons seem to be filled with stuff related to the special event. If I don't particularly want that stuff, can I wait until the special event is over before I open the balloon, and will it then contain something else?
    I think the balloons just stay there, but you are only allowed to have one balloon from each person at any given time. So if you send a balloon to a friend three days in a row and that friend doesn't open the first one for 4 days, they won't receive the second or third.
    Last edited by JJay; 09-14-2019 at 08:25 PM.

There are two types of balloons,

Blue Baloons are gifts from your teammates and friends, including Ernie.

Gold balloons are prizes not gifts, you can get 5 gold balloons each day, starting at local midnight. The first is free to open, the other 4 cost 3T each. You can find gold balloons in your own town or in the towns you visit when you're there to help fill crates.

Wherever you situate your helicopter pad is where your gift balloons will appear, including Ernie's and the gold daily gift balloon.
    I only discovered this myself when I moved my heli pad away from my trains to another area across town.
    Love makes everything grow more beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine and rainbows View Post
    Wherever you situate your helicopter pad is where your gift balloons will appear, including Ernie's and the gold daily gift balloon.
    I only discovered this myself when I moved my heli pad away from my trains to another area across town.
    Thank you, and also Charlie and JJay

The 5 Golden balloons you can open in your friends towns and pay TCash for 4 of them will not contain event items.
    The 5 that you send each day to friends will appear on their towns as Blue balloons and will hold event items, until the event is over, after which they will revert to the usual items.
    You can leave these balloons for as long as you wish. However the only way to move them is to relocate your helipad then close and reopen the game.

Okay, I tried it and after the fishing event was over, there were a lot of blue balloons, but a maximum of one from any one player. When I popped them I got coins, which were more valuable to me than the fishing stuff I would have gotten during the fishing event. Thank you for your replies.