Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building Material Shortage...

I
    Quote Originally Posted by drmom5 View Post

It looked like first chest I got on the train was full of shovels I can't find out where they went. Not in my barn.
    If you really mean a chest full of tools arrived on a train, it was probably pickaxes for the mine. They aren’t stored in the barn. They go to the mine storage.
    Playing since 9/19/2016
    Level 101 iOS
    Zoo level = I hate the new zoo
    Co-op A-team (by request) #4YD4J9

Building materials

I am so frustrated with not being able to get building materials without spending a small fortune. I have 6 enclosures in my zoo waiting to be finished. Each one requires over $1200 in cash. I’m at level 60 now and have to trade the materials in for power tools .How will I ever complete my enclosures? I have already spent WAY to much money on this game. I have animals waiting for enclosures. I’m super frustrated and feel like I have invested so much time and money in this game to quit. I love my town and the graphics are awesome. Please help me find a way without spending a fortune .

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy Bishop View Post
    I am so frustrated with not being able to get building materials without spending a small fortune. I have 6 enclosures in my zoo waiting to be finished. Each one requires over $1200 in cash. I’m at level 60 now and have to trade the materials in for power tools .How will I ever complete my enclosures? I have already spent WAY to much money on this game. I have animals waiting for enclosures. I’m super frustrated and feel like I have invested so much time and money in this game to quit. I love my town and the graphics are awesome. Please help me find a way without spending a fortune .
    That is a problem right there...too many enclosures waiting to be built. (I've done this too ) Rule of thumb is to build one building at a time, be it a zoo enclosure or a cbs.

My advice (this is what I did) would be to pick one enclosure (or cb) with the lowest amount of building pieces required and concentrate on it only...nothing else. Then get those trains running non-stop until you get the required materials. Now...the rest of the building supplies...sell them off...for now...just until you can get those enclosures knocked out. (this just helps to keep room in the barn while you work)

Trains: if you haven't already, get them to 50% on time. If you don't buy the dealer for 10 days...I highly recommend it. Buy the needed ore from him and smelt...smelt...smelt! This will get you the ignots needed for train upgrades.

Then...it is...Patience...Patience...Patience.

(again...this is just the way I did it & it went a little faster...for me...)
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    That is a problem right there...too many enclosures waiting to be built. (I've done this too ) Rule of thumb is to build one building at a time, be it a zoo enclosure or a cbs.

While I don't contradict your advice following the above quote, I'd like to add for the new readers that there has been quite a bit of discussion re. this. That the "one-only" rule is NOT necessarily true for building zoo enclosures, is my own experience. I get enough materials by train (upgraded, yes), I just can't keep them in my barn, until I have 170 of two - which is my lowest enclosure at the moment. It seems quite natural there to do one after the other, as in trying to finish them.
    If one could ;Þ I would have to change my whole playing style (and what I keep in the barn), and I don't want to do it, as there is no incentive for the zoo anymore IMO.

Re the "one-only" rule for CBs, there have been players saying that they don't see it as necessary anymore. Those were so fast after/with needing only two materials anymore for the next CB (three before), that they could get the tools from the Tools exchange fast with that third material. It's a lot of juggling around, though. - I was quite happy with staying with "one only" with the last two we got.

What I have seen as advice still, is to use your materials to build EITHER zoo enclosure or CB.
    Last edited by _DD_; 10-05-2019 at 01:42 PM.

I agree 100%. And I'll add another challenge to this: room in our barns to store all the building materials!

I love having a challenge, and I don't mind working/waiting to complete my zoo buildings, however, the ratio of goods rewarded to goods needed is completely off. I am even willing to purchase building materials, however, they are extremely expensive, and I am only willing to spend so much real money in order to "pay to play."

Suggestion to Playrix: leave the game play as it is, however,

1. Lower the tcash cost of building materials, or,
    2. Make the building of enclosures a one-step process like town buildings, or,
    3. Require less building materials to complete an enclosure.

Township fans need a break once in awhile, and building our zoo gives us such pleasure!

UPDATE: Since posting my response above, I've noticed I am receiving considerably more building materials, namely the white siding needed to complete zoo enclosures, on my train, and as prizes in competitions.

Thank you Playrix!
    Level 62