Thread: Display

Display

Recently got a new computer - re-installed game on new Windows 10 computer, now game display is SUPER large and the resolution of the computer is set a the recommended size. Anybody know how to shrink the display of the game?

You can exit from full-screen mode, then you can adjust the game window to be as large as you want.

To do that, hover with your mouse on the upper edge of the screen, until the menu bar appears, and i next to the "X" button (upper right corner), there should be one with two arrows pointing inwards. Click on that, and then you'll be in window-mode.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

thanks for the quick reply dreadnought. I will try that when I get back to the game; hopefully that will work. BTW, do you know if I will still be able to scroll (zoom) in and out?

Quote Originally Posted by JennD View Post
    thanks for the quick reply dreadnought. I will try that when I get back to the game; hopefully that will work. BTW, do you know if I will still be able to scroll (zoom) in and out?
    Yes, you will be able to zoom in/out, the same as you would do if the game was in full screen mode.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    FORUM RULES

ok, again thanks for the reply. I did what you suggested and I was able to shrink the window, but I really wanted to shrink the graphics more so than the window. The graphics are HUGH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JennD View Post
    ok, again thanks for the reply. I did what you suggested and I was able to shrink the window, but I really wanted to shrink the graphics more so than the window. The graphics are HUGH!!!!
    Hi,

I'm afraid i don't quite understand what the problem is exactly - is the resolution inside the Township window different than all other apps and screen in general? Can you open other games and check if it's the same problem?

You can also go to your Settings > Display, and check your setting for app and text scaling:

If that value is too high (>150%), you should lower it, and try the Township app again.
    FORUM RULES

went to the settings as you displayed in your answer (well before I wrote my first post) and I can't adjust it any lower than 100%, and that is why I wrote in the first place. On my old computer, and also on another computer (laptop) for example; if I go to the market, on my old computer (and on my laptop) there are 2 rows of products, but on my new computer, the graphics are so HUGE, that there is only 1 row of products. That's the best example I can give at the moment.