Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Need For Seeds Event September 2019

AlwaysKimmie
    Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Wow, well done Kimmie . Pleased to hear other players are so good at this event! I am thinking of getting my better half to have a go for me. That wouldn't be considered unfair would it? .
    Thanks frogger helped alot growing up lmao. I only used t cash 3 times. I also found out if you wait the traffic slow down leaves a opening, well does for me.

505sundog, lmao well better to play it then watch pawpatrol, Dora, and SpongeBob SquarePants and go nuts!!!! This nuts of traffic is better!!!

Yeeeeessssss! Finally a throw back to the golden age of gaming! I know the devs probably never ever look at the suggestions posted on here but I’d like to think my suggestion from waaaay back when on another thread about event ideas might have helped to spark this idea for them. LOVE this new mini game even if it does have me saying ouch that’s definitely gonna increase my premium! anyways next up township cart perhaps.....

Edit* just had to add how much I adore the new decorations especially the monster truck! I grew up on gravedigger and Monster Jam!
    Last edited by Virginia_Gardens; 09-13-2019 at 12:49 AM.
    Town Name: Garden Grove
    Current Level: 77
    Co-op Name: Ilvirmorny
    Co-op Code: #VZK9Q8
    Zoo level: Love the New Zoo but it changes on the reg.

Quote Originally Posted by mselikeshockey View Post
    Really like the idea of this mini game, when I was a kid we used to play frogger on my Dad's old Atari game console, brings back great memories! This would be a lot of fun except that every intersection takes forever to get through, even if just sending through 1 truck at a time. My husband dozed off once while waiting at a particularly long traffic light, I think I could have that problem here lol
    (My Emphasis) Gee, I hope this comment makes you feel as young as your comment made me feel old. (This is meant to be humorous and light-hearted)...

I probably purchased my Atari about the time you were born...I was introduced to Pong right after I graduated from high school so Atari was 'state of the art' and 'high tech'. By the time Frogger came along I thought it was a silly, childish game...I had moved on to a sophisticated adult system, the VIC 20.

Back on topic...I really wanted to enjoy this game but my fingers get in way of seeing the screen so my poor trucks get run over more often than not.

I do agree with you that the wait time is nap-inducing. In my practice run I had to wait several minutes to cross the road and join up with the first additional truck. That's too much down-time in a game, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Wow, well done Kimmie . Pleased to hear other players are so good at this event! I am thinking of getting my better half to have a go for me. That wouldn't be considered unfair would it? .
    Your partner may be better at this Mini-Game than you, but am sure you're the better half. (Just don't let in-laws overhear you referring to an insignificant other )

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysKimmie View Post
    Thanks frogger helped alot growing up lmao. I only used t cash 3 times. I also found out if you wait the traffic slow down leaves a opening, well does for me.

505sundog, lmao well better to play it then watch pawpatrol, Dora, and SpongeBob SquarePants and go nuts!!!! This nuts of traffic is better!!!
    AlwaysKimmie, I re-read your post about it taking 6 TCs, tried it and it worked on the Mac version, too. Thanks
    Your comment was very interesting. I know what you mean about how kid's like to watch the same videos, movies, repeatedly these days.

Hey, BJK I'm probably as old as your parents. Atari came out when my son was in 4th grade, a gift from his grandparents. And he played a lot of Frogger. I was working full time and going to college and remember how the sound effects of Frogger and PacMan drove me nuts when trying to study. He and his friends would laugh a lot while playing so that made it good. Games back then were such a good way to keep kids busy, having fun and out of trouble so I always tried to be cool about it. I didn't play Frogger but still remember the sound effects and watching him play it. It's so much harder being a parent today trying to stay on top of all the games out there.
    MacBook with MacOS Mojave
    Township Love & Peace

Quote Originally Posted by 505SunDog View Post
    ...Hey, BJK I'm probably as old as your parents. Atari came out when my son was in 4th grade, a gift from his grandparents. ...
    Guess I wasn't clear enough, SunDog...My parents were adults during the American Economic Depression of the '30s. My reference to Pong and high school was meant to place my timeline smack dab in the early 1970s. I, too, was an adult when Atari was released.

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Your partner may be better at this Mini-Game than you, but am sure you're the better half. (Just don't let in-laws overhear you referring to an insignificant other )
    Lol Jays, yes that would get me in trouble for sure. It would invoke a reaction something like this .......

worst contest ever. worse. very poorly designed.The degree of difficulty is extreme. Worst of all is the time, the long time, that we have to wait to get a car through. phone even locks the screen due to the delay. score zero for this contest.

I LOVE THIS EVENT ! This event is the best one ever ! It took my cousin, who I recruited to Township, to point out that I needed to hold my finger down to move multiple trucks as opposed to tapping to move more at a time.

I am really enjoying this event. It's so refreshing to have something different for a change. Usually I only play events long enough to gain all the awards but I think this time I may well continue until the event ends.