Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Need For Seeds Event

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    They sit in the upper left corner. I had 2 at first, IIRC, and guess these 2 were free, the next you would have to buy like that shadow that showed you the way for the bridges in the other event with driving a truck (hope you know what I mean, lol, gawd, my memory for names!).
    In any case, at some point in the tutorial "she" suggested to use one, and I did and it was great indeed, a big help!
    but I can see how that would EAT up my tc...woah!
    Thank you for the reply but where do I buy traffic lights? I cannot find them and trust me I’m looking .

OMG! MAC people are having the same event at the same time as the 'majority TS' people! I LOVE IT! I'm not being sarcastic, it really is wonderful to come to the forum and be enjoying the same things being talked about!

I just stopped by to say that Need for Seeds is my favorite event ever, even better than the knife flinging!
    Also, like VERA, I don't have a way to buy traffic lights in the event.
    EDIT I just won a traffic light in the game, but still don't know how to buy them

Re: off topic Nevada, In the US there was a long standing stereotype, a throwback to the slave era, the image of an overweight African American female with her hair tied back with a 'rag' working in the kitchen. I think that Boomers and Gen Xs who fought for civil rights and social sensitivity, e.g. PC, probably get triggered by her resemblance as that image was frequently made into decorative items that many of our African American friends found offensive. I'm curious, if she looked like a dark skinned Carmen Miranda (the actor, singer, dancer) would anyone have found it offensive? I don't think so as a beautiful women of color wouldn't trigger the unconscious stereotype.
    Last edited by 505SunDog; 09-12-2019 at 07:11 PM.
    MacOS Platform
    Level 124
    iMac exchange co-op

Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    Thank you for the reply but where do I buy traffic lights? I cannot find them and trust me I’m looking .
    Quote Originally Posted by 505SunDog View Post
    Also, like VERA, I don't have a way to buy traffic lights in the event.
    EDIT I just won a traffic light in the game, but still don't know how to buy them
    I notice I expected them to behave like the other "power ups" in the other events. That means you can buy them only, when you are buying yourself back in, I think the 2nd time, with the 6 tc -?
    (first "fail" costs 3 tc to continue)
    I didn't pay yet, so I am not sure, sorry. But yes, the first 2 are free, and like SunDog I got my third out of the blue, also free, as I was standing too long at the street, I think, shortly before the final entry.
    Sometimes also only that nervous hand comes up, that shows you to "tap here!!" lol

So, to summarize, I think you can only buy it later in a run, after having chosen to continue with paying TC already - but we must wait till someone confirms.
    ETA: has been confirmed in posts # 55 and 65 and 71 below (comes with the 2nd, the 6tc-prolongation, and sometimes just "in between", like the chests (the chests are also like that, and as in earlier events: some to pay, some are free))

OTOH, if I look at the leader boards, the time since the start and the numbers there (a level 16 in the top 20? lol), I can't imagine it goes differently than by buying their way through, and with the traffic lights being offered for tc, i.e. with the tc-payment for continuing; otherwise I can't imagine folks being so fast. (just my impression, and it's of course game play as intended)

OMG! MAC people are having the same event at the same time as the 'majority TS' people! I LOVE IT! I'm not being sarcastic, it really is wonderful to come to the forum and be enjoying the same things being talked about!
    I also find it great seeing you Mac ppl *here*
    And thx for the OT remark!
    Last edited by _DD_; 09-13-2019 at 04:33 PM. Reason: see ETA

Thanks, Nevada, TNapier, Barb for the explanations re the Island lady
    I remember I saw the post that Barb linked to and found the complaint rather unfair; I see it more like the first reply there, that Playrix tried rather to make them look "typical", to be recognized as belonging in certain areas of the earth.
    But ppl who are intensely into that history (for lack of better word) will see it differently, can be. I find it OK for them to ask for changes, as long as they give a good reason/explanation and don't do too much of insinuation towards Playrix (not about their greed in the game, that is OK <g> but that they'd do such grafix in order to insult someone or so).

well, sorry for the OT part, and thx for allowing replies and further questions

AlwaysKimmie
    The traffic lights come after I paid 6 tbucks. Which don't happen much. I look at this game as the 80's game frogger. It is all about timing, my last run hot a glitch and my last truck got hit by 2 semi's front and back, first thing came to mind progressive auto insurance ain't gonna cover that!😂😂 A U.S Company.

I notice I expected them to behave like the other "power ups" in the other events. That means you can buy them only, when you are buying yourself back in, I think the 2nd time, with the 6 tc -?
    (first "fail" costs 3 tc to continue)
    I didn't pay yet, so I am not sure, sorry. But yes, the first 2 are free, and like SunDog I got my third out of the blue, also free, as I was standing too long at the street, I think, shortly before the final entry.
    Sometimes also only that nervous hand comes up, that shows you to "tap here!!" lol

So, to summarize, I think you can only buy it later in a run, after having chosen to continue with paying TC already - but we must wait till someone confirms.

OTOH, if I look at the leader boards, the time since the start and the numbers there (a level 16 in the top 20? lol), I can't imagine it goes differently than by buying their way through, and with the traffic lights being offered for tc, i.e. with the tc-payment for continuing; otherwise I can't imagine folks being so fast. (just my impression, and it's of course game play as intended)
    Well, now traffic lights make sense.Thanks _DD_. How embarrassing, I reported it as a bug LOL

I also find it great seeing you Mac ppl *here*
    And thx for the OT remark!
    MacOS Platform
    Level 124
    iMac exchange co-op

Really like the idea of this mini game, when I was a kid we used to play frogger on my Dad's old Atari game console, brings back great memories! This would be a lot of fun except that every intersection takes forever to get through, even if just sending through 1 truck at a time. My husband dozed off once while waiting at a particularly long traffic light, I think I could have that problem here lol
    Town name: Gatorville
    Co-op: Ktown Griff
    Having fun building my town and zoo,
    Please come see them! :-)

Well, now traffic lights make sense.Thanks _DD_. How embarrassing, I reported it as a bug LOL
    lol, cos you didn't find it to buy? well, maybe you have given them a new idea with this.
    For folks who have as much tcash as others have none, it must be a totally different event - just run into a car, pay to continue, repeat, then set up the traffic lights (probably get one per payment "only") and run through, that's it.

I'd like that better than my hanging around at 4 lane streets also.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysKimmie View Post
    ..... Almost done with personal goals .
    Wow, well done Kimmie . Pleased to hear other players are so good at this event! I am thinking of getting my better half to have a go for me. That wouldn't be considered unfair would it? .

lol, cos you didn't find it to buy? well, maybe you have given them a new idea with this.
    For folks who have as much tcash as others have none, it must be a totally different event - just run into a car, pay to continue, repeat, then set up the traffic lights (probably get one per payment "only") and run through, that's it.

I'd like that better than my hanging around at 4 lane streets also.
    LOL. Yeah, my thoughts on waiting, too. I even paid to continue after crashing hoping to get another street light but I didn't get another one so I'll wait to see how others are getting the lights.

ALWAYSKIMMIE Whoa girlfriend, it's only day 2!You are really, really good at it!!!! I have fun with it but sadly am not all that talented.

DOWNTON shhhh, not if you keep it all in the family.

Need for Seeds reminds me of when the first Interstates (yeah old as dirt, I know) were being built and how my aunt would close her eyes and floor her massive V8 Buick on the on-ramps because merging at high speeds in heavy traffic scared her. LOL
    MacOS Platform
    Level 124
    iMac exchange co-op