Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recipes - From Around the Globe

Thanks for posting the recipe Jays .

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Thanks for posting the recipe Jays .
    Just gonna ditto on Downton's post!
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Just gonna ditto on Downton's post!
    Just for you Twilight, add a drop on top of dark chocolate mousse.

And if you leave the seeds in the chili, you‘ll probably get a hot chili sauce

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    And if you leave the seeds in the chili, you‘ll probably get a hot chili sauce
    Hard to get even distribution of seeds in sauce. And trust me, you don't want the spoonful with ten in

Related story that should probably be posted elsewhere but ...
    On my first night of a 9 month stay in France, the father of the family handed me a green chili as 'aperitif' - the family were nibbling olives.
    I took it, ate it, faked enjoyment and asked if they had any red ones before surreptitiously raiding the fridge for a yoghurt. Sang-froid
    Had spent the previous 3 months sharing a kitchen with an Indian couple.

And yes, playing such a trick on a young girl far from home was a sign of worse to come. Not all petites anglaises deserve that reputation.
    Last edited by JayS; 09-29-2019 at 07:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Hard to get even distribution of seeds in sauce. And trust me, you don't want the spoonful with ten in

Related story that should probably be posted elsewhere but ...
    On my first night of a 9 month stay in France, the father of the family handed me a green chili as 'aperitif' - the family were nibbling olives.
    I took it, ate it, faked enjoyment and asked if they had any red ones before surreptitiously raiding the fridge for a yoghurt. Sang-froid
    Had spent the previous 3 months sharing a kitchen with an Indian couple.

And yes, playing such a trick on a young girl far from home was a sign of worse to come. Not all petites anglaises deserve that reputation.
    Huh, that was not nice
    Good for you that you already had your indian training . 30 years ago, I lived with an Indian family in England for a month. They always wanted to give me microwave pizza for fear, I wouldn’t/couldn’t eat their original food (I later learned they had a couple of Italian girls before me, who ate microwave pizza for a whole month exclusively ... what a waste). I ate everything they cooked and while a felt like a fire spitting Dragon sometimes, I learned met lots of delicious and formerly unknown food

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    Huh, that was not nice
    Good for you that you already had your indian training . 30 years ago, I lived with an Indian family in England for a month. They always wanted to give me microwave pizza for fear, I wouldn’t/couldn’t eat their original food (I later learned they had a couple of Italian girls before me, who ate microwave pizza for a whole month exclusively ... what a waste). I ate everything they cooked and while a felt like a fire spitting Dragon sometimes, I learned met lots of delicious and formerly unknown food
    Am now craving pakoras, samosas, bhajis, daal, saag aloo, brinjal pickle.........
    Once burnt out the motor of a coffee grinder trying to make my own chick-pea flour as couldn't find it here. Also made kulfi from scratch, (8h in 45° heat). Will dig out some recipes next week.
    My Indian game friends all seem astonished how much of their cuisine we know. Will make sure they're sitting down before introducing a German afficionado

Lol ...

My Indian family was eating with djapatis instead of cutlery and I was - predictably - making a mess of it. The 7 year old daughter: „How old are you?“ I said: „19“. She: „And why can’t you eat properly?“

Quote Originally Posted by Licoricethecat View Post
    Delicious Cheese dip... ( my own creation ) ...
    Now that is spicy cheese dip! What a nice twist on the Velveeta Rotel dip.

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Just for you Twilight, add a drop on top of dark chocolate mousse.
    Hmmm...will ponder on that. Whether or not that chocolate will even reach the recipe...

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgore View Post
    Italian meatballs
    My favorite dish with pasta. I learned it from a neighbour next to real estate in Sanremo, Italy. Perfect and easy dish for lunch with family or friends in my opinion.
    Meatballs are the one thing I have never made and they sound delicious! I always have cooked my meat into a crumble, so this will be a new venture into the art of cooking meat(s) for me.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 09-29-2019 at 09:52 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton