Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recipes - From Around the Globe

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
    This is such a nice idea Twilight, and I think I must try all these recipes. Here is one of my favourite Bavarian/Austrian recipes:

Kaiserschmarrn

Ingredients (4 Servings):

300g wheat flour
    Appr. 1/2 litre milk
    3-4 eggs, separated
    50g butter, melted, but not hot, and butter for the pan
    A pinch of salt
    Powdered sugar

Applesauce, cranberry jam and/or plum compote
    Optional:
    Appr. 50g raisins, (possibly marinated in rum for half an hour)
    Caramelised Almond flakes

Directions:
    1. Combine Flour, milk, egg yolks, salt in a bowl and mix together, add the melted butter and mix until it's smooth.
    2. Beat egg white until it's firm, mix it very slightly with the dough
    3. Now you may add the raisins
    4. Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat, drop batter to a hight of nearly 1 1/2 cm, cook until it's golden and the topside nearly dry, if you have a pan lid put it on the pan, so you can cook the pankake over low heat. Then flip, maybe the pancake breaks, but that's ok. Cook the second side. Now take two forks and tear the pancake in small pieces (but not too small). Sieve the powdered sugar over the pancake and let it caramellise for a few minutes, stir now and then, maybe use the lid. Now you may add the almond flakes.
    5. Put the Kaiserschmarrn on a plate, sieve again powdered sugar over the cake. Add applesauce, cranberry jam or plum compote and enjoy

Caution:

Could cause addiction
    It's not suitable for a diet
    Lecker.

I had to edit my recipe a bit, not that one suffers from a lack of raisins. I also have one simple but gorgeous recipe for all chocolate addicts (Twilight?). I think it's french (JayS?)

Chocolate Tarte

Ingredients:
    Two bars of high quality dark chocolate (100g each) min. 60%, (I prefer 70,80%)
    200g butter
    4 eggs
    140g powdered sugar and powdered sugar for decoration
    80g wheat flour

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven on 200°C (appr. 400°F), grease a tart tin, maybe you also want to add some flour to prevent sticking
    2. Break the chocolate in pieces and melt it together with the butter in a bain marie. Let it cool down
    3. Whisk together eggs and sugar, not too much, should not be foamy, then add the sieved flour and the melted chocolate, mix slightly.
    4. Reduce heat to 180°C (appr. 360°F), pour dough in the tart tin and bake for appr. 18 minutes. The cake should keep a creamy heart. Remove from oven and let it cool down, you may keep it in the tin or turn it out on a plate. If you want to, you can sieve some sugar over the cake. And now enjoy
    Town: Monaco - 44BMN5
    Coop: Monaco Bagage - #MN8GZW
    ios

I had to edit my recipe a bit, not that one suffers from a lack of raisins. I also have one simple but gorgeous recipe for all chocolate addicts (Twilight?). I think it's french (JayS?)

Chocolate Tarte

Ingredients:
    Two bars of high quality dark chocolate (100g each) min. 60%, (I prefer 70,80%)
    200g butter
    4 eggs
    140g powdered sugar and powdered sugar for decoration
    80g wheat flour

Directions:
    1. Preheat oven on 200°C (appr. 400°F), grease a tart tin, maybe you also want to add some flour to prevent sticking
    2. Break the chocolate in pieces and melt it together with the butter in a bain marie. Let it cool down
    3. Whisk together eggs and sugar, not too much, should not be foamy, then add the sieved flour and the melted chocolate, mix slightly.
    4. Reduce heat to 180°C (appr. 360°F), pour dough in the tart tin and bake for appr. 18 minutes. The cake should keep a creamy heart. Remove from oven and let it cool down, you may keep it in the tin or turn it out on a plate. If you want to, you can sieve some sugar over the cake. And now enjoy
    French Tarte au chocolat Screenshot_20190917-000842~2.jpg
    is a pastry case with a gooey chocolate filling - have never tried making it. Your recipe sounds more like Sachertorte unless I've misread it. Either way, yes pls and a warning to Twilight that I'm armed with a (pitch)fork and ready to schlagober.

ETA Prinzregententorte is in my top 5 favourites
    Last edited by JayS; 09-16-2019 at 10:15 PM.

Hi JayS, yes Sachertorte is similar to this recipe, but it is not the same. Whereas Sachertorte is well baked, has a fluffy texture and is filled with a thin layer of confiture d'abricots and has a chocolate icing, this tarte is rather creamy and has a very intense chocolate flavour. Maybe it's the German version of the French tarte
    And yes Prinzregententorte is definitly fine art of baking
    Town: Monaco - 44BMN5
    Coop: Monaco Bagage - #MN8GZW
    ios

Italian meatballs

Ingredients
    2 teaspoons olive oil
    1 medium onion, chopped
    3 garlic cloves, minced
    3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    2 large eggs, lightly beaten
    1 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and parsley flakes
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    1 pound lean ground turkey
    1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
    Optional: Hot cooked pasta and pasta sauce

Directions

Preheat oven to 375°. In a small skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Cool slightly.
    In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, eggs, seasonings and onion mixture. Add turkey and beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
    Place meatballs on a rack coated with cooking spray in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake until lightly browned and cooked through, 18-22 minutes. If desired, serve with pasta and pasta sauce.

My favorite dish with pasta. I learned it from a neighbour next to real estate in Sanremo, Italy. Perfect and easy dish for lunch with family or friends in my opinion.
    Last edited by Bulgore; 10-11-2019 at 11:05 AM.

Chocolate Tarte

Oh. Yes. PAleeeze!

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    French Tarte au chocolat Screenshot_20190917-000842~2.jpg... Either way, yes pls and a warning to Twilight that I'm armed with a (pitch)fork and ready to schlagober. ...
    Bring. It. On!

I am set to make these recipes thus far!
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

A thread after my own heart (or rather, my grandmother's before she passed 3 years ago, she collected recipes!)
    I have a few recipe books with recipes I'd like to try (especially some with desserts which means chocolate ), so I'll share some of those here
    Johnalex Zarco
    Coop: United Federation
    Coop Position: Leader/Coleader
    Coop Tag: #UN28CX
    Town Name(s): Daimler-Kingston Industries.
    Playing Township Mobile since May 2016
    "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, But the Lord weighs the hearts." ~Proverbs 21:2 NKJV

Quote Originally Posted by Johnalex Zarco View Post
    A thread after my own heart (or rather, my grandmother's before she passed 3 years ago, she collected recipes!)
    I have a few recipe books with recipes I'd like to try (especially some with desserts which means chocolate ), so I'll share some of those here
    Awww...special memories there Johnalex! I have my mother's original Betty Crocker cookbook with all her notes as well as some of my grandmother's recipes.

Can't wait to see what you bring to the table!

mmm....chocolate....
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 09-29-2019 at 02:59 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Delicious Cheese dip
    ( my own creation )
    Ingrediants:
    1 block velveeta cheese ( the kind that comes in the small box )
    3-4 fresh jalapenos ( more or less to taste )
    Half pack of taco bell mild taco seasoning ( also more or less to taste )

Instructions:
    Put the cheese into a frying pan and melt on low until creamy but not sticking/burning then dice jalapenos ( wear goggles. They make your eyes burn and sting like onions. ) mix the jalapenos thoroughly then add the taco seasoning and let sit 2-3 minutes then serve! My whole family and i love it as a snack at night.

Sweet Chili Sauce

75g (3oz) sugar
    2 de-seeded finely chopped red chilis
    85ml (3 fl.oz) cider vinegar
    Pinch of salt

In a saucepan on a medium heat mix the sugar into the vinegar until completely dissolved. Bring mix to the boil then simmer for 5 minutes. Remove pan from the heat and stir in the chillies and salt. Stir occasionally while cooling.