Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Recipes - From Around the Globe

Recipes - From Around the Globe

The title says it all!

I love food from around the world! Ok...so I love food in general...that is besides the point...

I hope that with this thread we can share favorite recipes of all sorts: main dishes, side dishes, desserts - (oh alright...I am hoping for a lot of those...in chocolate ).

Bon Appétit!

ps: Thank-you Nevada!
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 09-14-2019 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Pic fix
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

AlwaysKimmie
    Ok will bite at this one, get it bite 😂.
    Ok I make this for my daughter and other family members. Herein Arizona USA the summers are DEATH!!!💀 So we don't like to eat heavy.
    Ok it is simple and cheap meal
    Garlic bread chicken pizza.
    Home made it store bought, any chicken, marinara sauce, whatever cheese, and whatever toppings and let me tell you it is really good me and my family use scallions mushrooms and with the garlic bread you really do not need nothing else to enhance it. But this is one of the summer dishes I make because it's not too heavy but it's filling.
    Do the garlic bread as directed on temperature but you want to cook it halfway through, then you want to pull it out and start I put in the marinara down and the toppings and then the cheese and then finish cooking at the rest of the way but make sure you put foil on the pan.

Lazy Burritos:
    (my own creation )

Ingredients Needed:

1 - 1 lb hamburger meat
    1 - 16 oz jar of Pace Picante Sauce Mild
    1 - 16 oz can of Old El Paso Refried Beans (or you favorite brand)
    1 - 4 cup bag of shredded cheddar cheese
    1 - package of flour tortillas (burritto size)
    and butter

On a plate place a tortilla and butter it. Then place a tortilla on top of that one. Place another tortilla on top and butter that one and cover with another tortilla...repeat.
    Place in microwave to be heated. (don't heat yet!)

Cook meat in a large skillet/pan with high sides. Once browned, drain off any grease. Then, to the beef, add in a little over half a can of refried beans, about half a jar of mild sauce, about 1-2 cups of cheese (or more!). Combine all the ingredients.

Stir until all the combined ingredients are a very thick "soupy" consistency.

NOTE: you add as little or much of the beans, cheese or mild sauce as you want...depends on how thick you want it.

Take skillet off the heat and set aside. Now microwave the tortillas until all the butter has melted...don't run microwave non-stop, check them or you may end up with tough/dry edges.

Spoon the mixture from the skillet into a tortilla, roll up and enjoy! You can add lettuce, tomato, sour cream, guacamole if you want...but really...these are wonderful by themselves!

Serve with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysKimmie View Post
    Ok will bite at this one, get it bite ������.
    Ok I make this for my daughter and other family members. Herein Arizona USA the summers are DEATH!!!������ So we don't like to eat heavy.
    Ok it is simple and cheap meal
    Garlic bread chicken pizza.
    Home made it store bought, any chicken, marinara sauce, whatever cheese, and whatever toppings and let me tell you it is really good me and my family use scallions mushrooms and with the garlic bread you really do not need nothing else to enhance it. But this is one of the summer dishes I make because it's not too heavy but it's filling.
    Do the garlic bread as directed on temperature but you want to cook it halfway through, then you want to pull it out and start I put in the marinara down and the toppings and then the cheese and then finish cooking at the rest of the way but make sure you put foil on the pan.

Thanks- for posting! I know...I know...I should have gone first...but I just couldn't decide!
    Hahaha!

We used to make these kinds of pizzas too...so good! We also used to do the English Muffin pizzas and buy the mini pepperoni's

AlwaysKimmie
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Lazy Burritos:
    (my own creation )

Ingredients Needed:

1 - 1 lb hamburger meat
    1 - 16 oz jar of Pace Picante Sauce Mild
    1 - 16 oz can of Old El Paso Refried Beans (or you favorite brand)
    1 - 4 cup bag of shredded cheddar cheese
    1 - package of flour tortillas (burritto size)
    and butter

On a plate place a tortilla and butter it. Then place a tortilla on top of that one. Place another tortilla on top and butter that one and cover with another tortilla...repeat.
    Place in microwave to be heated. (don't heat yet!)

Cook meat in a large skillet/pan with high sides. Once browned, drain off any grease. Then, to the beef, add in a little over half a can of refried beans, about half a jar of mild sauce, about 1-2 cups of cheese (or more!). Combine all the ingredients.

Stir until all the combined ingredients are a very thick "soupy" consistency.

NOTE: you add as little or much of the beans, cheese or mild sauce as you want...depends on how thick you want it.

Take skillet off the heat and set aside. Now microwave the tortillas until all the butter has melted...don't run microwave non-stop, check them or you may end up with tough/dry edges.

Spoon the mixture from the skillet into a tortilla, roll up and enjoy! You can add lettuce, tomato, sour cream, guacamole if you want...but really...these are wonderful by themselves!

Serve with your favorite side dishes and enjoy!
    That sounds yummy! To bad can't have them!
    Between my daughter, brother, and me my poor mom would die from toxic gas from us with beans😂😂.

AlwaysKimmie
    Ok here is another meal I do

Chicken Casserole

1. Box of noodle's (not spaghetti or wide noodles)
    Like elbow ect..

2. 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
    ( condensed)

3. Boneless skinless chicken breasts
    4 carrots,peas,corn, mushrooms
    Whatever you prefer. Can because already cooked.

5. Pre heat oven 350 degrees. 45 min

6. Cook chicken in pieces about 2 inches thick or your bite size you prefer.

7. Take carrots,pea's,corn ect in a mixing bowl, along with COOKED PASTA, open both cans of chicken soup.

8. After chicken is done add that mix together, put in a Casserole dish or one that will hold it.

9. Cover for about 30 min take off when 15 min left.

10 serve and enjoy!

Thank-you Nevada for enlarging that picture! I just now did a double take on it and realized it was much bigger. (sorry!)

A summer soup with green beans:

500g salted, smoked pork, in cube of about two inches
    4 small onions, diced,
    1,5 liters beef or vegetable broth
    750-1000 g green beans, in peaces of about two or three inches
    Same amount of potatoes, diced
    About ten twigs of savory

Put oil in a skillet and cook the meat and the onions until golden brown, add the broth, salt and pepper (it should taste a bit too salty, the potatoes need a lot of salt). When the broth is boiling, add the potatoes, the beans and the savory. Let it simmer for 30-45 minutes, then it‘s ready.

At the moment I‘m drowning in green beans, that‘s one of my favorite recipes for them

This is such a nice idea Twilight, and I think I must try all these recipes. Here is one of my favourite Bavarian/Austrian recipes:

Kaiserschmarrn

Ingredients (4 Servings):

300g wheat flour
    Appr. 1/2 litre milk
    3-4 eggs, separated
    50g butter, melted, but not hot, and butter for the pan
    A pinch of salt
    Powdered sugar

Applesauce, cranberry jam and/or plum compote
    Optional:
    Appr. 50-100g raisins, (possibly marinated in rum for half an hour)
    Caramelised Almond flakes

Directions:
    1. Combine Flour, milk, egg yolks, salt in a bowl and mix together, add the melted butter and mix until it's smooth.
    2. Beat egg white until it's firm, mix it very slightly with the dough
    3. Now you may add the raisins
    4. Melt butter in a large pan over medium heat, drop batter to a hight of nearly 1 1/2 cm, cook until it's golden and the topside nearly dry, if you have a pan lid put it on the pan, so you can cook the pankake over low heat. Then flip, maybe the pancake breaks, but that's ok. Cook the second side. Now take two forks and tear the pancake in small pieces (but not too small). Sieve the powdered sugar over the pancake and let it caramellise for a few minutes, stir now and then, maybe use the lid. Now you may add the almond flakes.
    5. Put the Kaiserschmarrn on a plate, sieve again powdered sugar over the cake. Add applesauce, cranberry jam or plum compote and enjoy

Caution:

Could cause addiction
    It's not suitable for a diet
    Last edited by Monaco; 09-16-2019 at 09:08 PM.
    Town: Monaco - 44BMN5
    Coop: Monaco Bagage - #MN8GZW
    ios

I am ready to make and bake!

(this is for all those recipes above so far!)
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    (Oh...Ok...Fine...so that might be me drooling for the dessert...)
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 09-16-2019 at 01:18 AM.