Thread: Moderator Review of Posts

Moderator Review of Posts

Some of my posts have been briefly delayed pending moderator review but not all. I tried to find guidelines for this with search but, obviously, did not use the right words. What causes a post to be flagged like this and how long will it last?

ETA the word "briefly". The Mods have always responded in just a short time and I don't want to throw any condemnation their way.
    Last edited by BJK14; 09-10-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Hi,

It's still a mystery to all of us what trips our spam-bot But from what i can tell, heavily formatted posts, external links (as you recently had one), inserted emojis/images, etc. These all end up in the spam trap more often than others, but also they're not the only ones. Sorry i can't be more specific, but that's pretty much all the info we can give.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Thanks, Dread. Glad to know it's not something I am doing wrong. Barb

No...not just you!

I too have been waylaid by those pesky spambots...it ended up being some of the emojis from the site I pull them from. Think it was the size of some of them.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

I’ve rescued admin posts out of review before.

Pretty sure Bess and Dread have both rescued mine.

Spam bot gets hungry sometimes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

Pretty sure Bess mentioned it doesn't like the 'at' symbol either .

Quote Originally Posted by BJK14 View Post
    Thanks, Dread. Glad to know it's not something I am doing wrong. Barb
    What seems to help, btw, is if you post pure text first, with saving, and add your "extras" as a next Edit-step.
    The edits go to Mod-queue much less often, at least in my experience.

That's f.e. how I did the Intro-Text in the Introduce-yourself-thread (if you remember), which has a LOT of links, which I simply added in a 2nd step, w/o any problems.
    Unlike Twilight, I didn't have sent anything to Mod-queue for the external smileys. (I like emojis in posts, as a foreigner, I don't have a feeling for the tone of a text in your language.)
    Last edited by _DD_; 09-11-2019 at 05:08 PM. Reason: as Downton remembered: yes, the at-symbol is dangerous ;)