Thread: Restricted from regatta

Restricted from regatta

I was a member of a co-op and during the first stage of the regatta one of the co-leaders (I was a co-leader as well), restricted me from completing in the regatta. It was almost over and I had completed 15 tasks, more than anyone else on my team. I posted a question asking why, but the leader or this co-leader never responded. I didn’t get the chests when the regatta was over. I’ve moved on and started my own co-op but I worry this co-leader will do this to others. Also the leader of the old co-op has sent me a request to join and I would like to tell them why I quit. What action should I take?

What you describe is troubling! The only grounds for regatta suspension would be violation of game & co-op rules: cheating and failure to complete any regatta tasks if that was a requirement in your co-op. Based on your experience, it sounds like you didn't violate any game rules and have completed the maximum number of tasks. If nothing else was going on, there were no grounds for suspension! Moreover, both the co-leader who suspended you and the leader should have responded to your request for explanation! To suspend someone is a serious step and if there were no reasons for it, even more so! Furthermore, not to explain why in your case was wrong! I would avoid both players in the future and also post their town names in your thread so that others reading it would know what to look for if they choose to join your previous co-op or accept these players into a new one! I don't know what level you're playing at, but our co-op is looking for good players who value safe and fair play. The minimum level to join is 50. We play in the gold league and our co-op name is Gorodok. Good luck! I hope you won't have such experiences in the future. I've also had a very unpleasant experience with a player and nothing was done about it by Township tech support which I found wrong. Unfortunately, it's hard to avoid negative experiences, even in a game!

I'm afraid that there's not much you can do about the co-leader of your old co-op restricting other members if the leader accepts it. Of course it could have been an accident and the co-leader just tapped the wrong button, but it would have been better if they'd admitted their mistake and apologised.

If you're friends with your old leader you can send them an invite to join your co-op and personalise the invitation saying something like "Sorry, left cos restricted by ..... with no explanation" It's then up to them what they do. If you reject their invitation the leader can re-invite you and send a message back in the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorodok9 View Post
    <........and also post their town names in your thread so that others reading it would know what to look for if they choose to join your previous co-op or accept these players into a new one!.....>
    Hi Gorodok9. Naming and shaming other players towns on the forum is not allowed. So this is something Townshipgreen definitely should not do .

ETA JJay has given a great suggestion on how to send a message to the leader .
    Last edited by Downton; 09-07-2019 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorodok9 View Post
    ... I would avoid both players in the future and also post their town names in your thread so that others reading it would know what to look for if they choose to join your previous co-op or accept these players into a new one!...
    It's against forum policy to name players in this context, so please don't do that
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Thanks everyone. I didn’t realize I could customize the request to join my co-op. Great suggestion.

Kicked out of Regatta/ then Co-op

I was kicked out of a Regatta due to only completing a few tasks only helping 30 some odd people. The leader kept saying we are competitive and you better be too. We all have lives and are busy but tjays not an excuse. When I explained I was out due to Dr visits and then a biopsy she kicked me out of the entire co-op. Not the kind of person who should in a leader position!!

When the coop leader says they are competitive, that usually means they expect everyone who races to finish the maximum number of tasks, usually at 135 points or some slightly lower cutoff.

If you made it pretty obvious you aren't able to commit to doing that, then the leader probably was correct in thinking this coop just wasn't a good fit for you. It could have been handled a lot more kindly tho, like giving you the option of staying but not racing.

Unfortunately, each co-op is the co-op leader’s right to run, they can restrict or kick at any time for any reason, or even no reason at all.

I’ve been really lucky. I joined my first co-op when I hit 19, didn’t know what I was doing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Realised it was a dead co-op, and joined another about two weeks later. Been there two years now.

Others join many co-ops before they find one that fits. That’s okay too. At the very least it helps you find out what sort of co-op you don’t want to be in.

I’m sorry some of you have had sucky experiences... I only hope you find a better home moving forward.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”