Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zebras

A very good idea, Jay!
    I will consult the local municipal archive if there is anything about it mentioned in one of the minutes of the council meetings *g*

And you are very welcome DD
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

Well, here's one I've never seen before - a zebra with spots.

ilcrovih7bcrgz5d7f92430a2ca.jpg

"The spotted-as-opposed-to striped- zebra was first cited and photographed at Matira Bush Camp in Maasai Mara national reserve by a tour guide who has been identified as Mr Antony Tira, posted the photos on social media platforms where they attracted a lot of attention.

A KWS officer confirmed the sighting to Standard Digital but we cannot reveal his identity because he is not authorized to speak on behalf of the organisation.

Speaking to a local daily, Antony said he initially thought the zebra had been painted for migration purposes of migration tracking but after a closer examination, he realised that it had a melanin disorder."

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/arti...-online-thrill

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    And I found these in the garden shopping center we visited today:
    Attachment 48291
    What is next? Human skin-pyjamas for Zebras?
    That's really funny! It kinda looks like zebra PJs for a horse, or maybe a Halloween costume? 😁
    Town name: Gatorville
    Co-op: Ktown Griff
    Working hard on my town and zoo,
    Please come see them! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BJK14 View Post

He's a cute little fella, almost looks like a giraffe and a zebra mixed
    Town name: Gatorville
    Co-op: Ktown Griff
    Working hard on my town and zoo,
    Please come see them! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BJK14 View Post

"The spotted-as-opposed-to striped- zebra was first cited and photographed at Matira Bush Camp in Maasai Mara national reserve by a tour guide who has been identified as Mr Antony Tira, posted the photos on social media platforms where they attracted a lot of attention.

A KWS officer confirmed the sighting to Standard Digital but we cannot reveal his identity because he is not authorized to speak on behalf of the organisation.

Speaking to a local daily, Antony said he initially thought the zebra had been painted for migration purposes of migration tracking but after a closer examination, he realised that it had a melanin disorder."

https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/arti...-online-thrill
    What a special cutie, Barb! It immediately reminds me of young tapirs, but they still have a different drawing on their skin.
    266px-Quagga.jpg
    So there will indeed be no photo shop. And what I also think of is the Quagga, a kind of steppe zebra that unfortunately died out in the last century. But perhaps it is a lost gene that makes this foal a special kind of animal.
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

Quote Originally Posted by mselikeshockey View Post
    That's really funny! It kinda looks like zebra PJs for a horse, or maybe a Halloween costume? ������
    It does, doesn't it

And the Zebra suite the man staring at the Zebras is wearing looks familiar to me too.
    My two grandchildren wear 'Onesies', a kind of pyjamas, only they prefer to be Jaguar and Bear.
    zebra-onesie.jpg
    But Zebra Onesies (and Carnaval or Halloween costumes) are also available here.