Thread: Regatta improvement- allowing team to help others complete tasks

Regatta improvement- allowing team to help others complete tasks

We have had instances where we have worked really hard racing one week, then during the next race, something in life happens, as it does, and one of our teammates cannot complete their tasks. Maybe they have an emergency, maybe their phone breaks, etc. Each team is placed against other teams of the same number of racing members, so if each member completes all tasks, all racing teams have the option of completing the same number of tasks..... unless a member cannot for some reason. For example, a team of 12 people, all completing 16 tasks each (buying the extra task), can complete 192 total tasks total. If one team mate disappears after completing only 5 tasks, the other teammates should be allowed to pay (in addition to their original 16 tasks) to complete the missing member's unfinished tasks. Allow us to pay to pick up the slack.

Hi Amari welcome to the forum .

There was a similar request to this made quite recently in a different thread, although their suggestion was specifically for Leaders. I have given a link below to the most relevant post, as I think you may find the replies and opinions to this interesting :

IDEA TO ALLOW CO-OP LEADERS TO MANAGE MORE
    Last edited by Downton; 09-08-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Thank you for suggesting this! I came to the forum this morning to suggest exactly this same thing.

Here's our history: We started our co-op 16 months ago and focused on having a fun, chatty group. We attracted nice people, and had a great vibe going. However, our members broke down into two distinct groups - those that live for regatta, and those that are more casual players. This caused a lot of stress, because we didn't want to kick out nice people merely because they weren't strong racers. One of our favorite members has disabilities that prevent her from ever being a strong racer. A few weeks ago, the stress caused 11 of our strongest racers to break away to form a new co-op. We love and miss them, and they love and miss us. Changing this rule to share tasks would allow the race to be more cooperative for the co-op and be more fun. Our stronger members would be happy to help the weaker ones. As leader, I wouldn't constantly have to nag people to meet the minimum or opt out. I wouldn't feel so frustrated every Sunday afternoon, hoping and praying that our weak members will meet the minimum so I won't have to take the flak I get from opting them out.

Please change the rule so that players can help each other out with tasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussahville View Post
    Thank you for suggesting this! I came to the forum this morning to suggest exactly this same thing.
    Please change the rule so that players can help each other out with tasks.

Please read the link Downton provided.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 09-08-2019 at 05:29 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Yes i agree. We have a racer who is in a nursing home and the interaction is great for her but sometimes she gets a medicine there that can knock her out cold and tasks gets missed. Doesn't happen often but would be great if we could help her. The consequence would be we don't get any points or anything and maybe limit to two tasks we can help with or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Please read the link Downton provided.
    I'm confused. What exactly is in that thread that you want us to be aware of? I read it before I posted, and I've read it again just now but I must have missed your point. Please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussahville View Post
    I'm confused. What exactly is in that thread that you want us to be aware of? I read it before I posted, and I've read it again just now but I must have missed your point. Please explain.
    The reasons other players give as to why it wouldn't be a good idea (IMO) . So you could maybe acknowledge and even respond the points against this idea.

Completely off-topic, but potentially helpful...

There are a few co-ops out there that have formed a whole co-op family. GOC, Tulip City, and Sea Turtles come to mind.

I have to say I don’t personally fully understand how exactly it all works, but roughly speaking:

Say your co-op name is Phoenix.
    You may decide to become the Phoenix Family co-ops, so you have one co-op called I don’t know... Phoenix Ashes, one called Phoenix Rising, and one called Phoenix Fire (or, whatever).

Let’s say I’m the leader of the original Phoenix co-op. I may choose to have a second town open another co-op, and appoint a new leader for the third co-op. Or maybe I have a totally different leader for all three, or whatever.

In Phoenix Ashes, we have people that aren’t really bothered about, or don’t have the time to, race hard. This co-op maybe floats around the steel league. Any new members get added to this co-op, and have to show they can complete all tasks in a timely manner if they want to move up.

Then in Phoenix Rising, we have players that race consistently well, finishing 15-16 tasks every week. Mostly this co-op is gold, may occasionally drop to silver.

Then in Phoenix Fire, we have the players that want to race hard. Complete 16 tasks every week by maybe Thursday or Friday, co-op typically places in the top 3 gold.

I as “overall leader” float between different co-ops, making sure people are in the right places, etc etc. All the co-op members move between whichever co-ops depending on how they can/want to race.

That way, you keep all your people together, but still provide something for everyone.

May be worth considering.

ETA: HERE (click me) is the link to the GOC co-ops recruitment advert if you’d like to see a bit better what it is I mean.
    Last edited by Nevada; 09-10-2019 at 09:13 AM.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”It’s been a long December and there’s reason to believe,
    Maybe this year will be better than the last”