Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mining event

Quote Originally Posted by Graylady View Post
    Seem there is only one personal reward. After that it is the competition. Like the transport mini event. First reward is a bunch of mining tools which are worth the 7 steps down we have to do to earn them. You may want to do just that step. Mining tools + 1000 coins.
    Got to agree, can't see any downside to at least starting the event, the tools you earn more than make up for the tools you will use to get the first 7 metres down.

I just wish they had lined it up with the start of the regatta, I've finished for the week and really want to save my tools for next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    In addition to the transport event, this mining event is intended to fill the gap between our other events.
    I mainly do mining as a Regatta task and I had a lot of it including Suprise tasks this week. So I won't participate this time

If next time this Event starts at the beginning of the Sailing Week, it is more likely that I will join in.

A dark brown suspicion for an upcoming third variant of these 'interim' events?

Filling Zoo orders ...

Just a thought. Not even a rumor
    With 27 picks, 14 dynamite and 11 TNT as a personal reward, participation is interesting enough to change my earlier opinion.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 111/Android

My little co-op is still sailing so we'll see if the regatta board will give us mining tasks. So far nothing worth accepting. 🤑 seems to be another cash grab from devs, but I don't spend on tools & I won't use my dealer for it when my plane wants 18 cookies! 😵

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    With 27 picks, 14 dynamite and 11 TNT as a personal reward, participation is interesting enough to change my earlier opinion.
    ROFL . Yes its a pretty good reward for using 7 picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    ROFL . Yes its a pretty good reward for using 7 picks.
    Yes indeed. Thanks to everyone for letting me know what the rewards are like, I'm now many tools richer

Extra points should be awarded when extracting ore and artifacts. Similar to regatta tasks. It’s kind a pointless that just go deep the levels for the sake of winning the competition.

What were the game devs thinking when they came up with this event? To get first in this event you are encouraged to ignore everything in the mine that is actually beneficial and instead just mindlessly dig downwards.

I can understand not having artifacts award points since some players may already have them all, but because ore is randomly distributed there should be no issues of fairness or equality in awarding event points for collecting ore. I'm utterly baffled as to why they thought making the goal of the event not linked to the purpose of the mine at all was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaAnders View Post
    What were the game devs thinking when they came up with this event? To get first in this event you are encouraged to ignore everything in the mine that is actually beneficial and instead just mindlessly dig downwards.

I can understand not having artifacts award points since some players may already have them all, but because ore is randomly distributed there should be no issues of fairness or equality in awarding event points for collecting ore. I'm utterly baffled as to why they thought making the goal of the event not linked to the purpose of the mine at all was a good idea.
    Of course, with 4 mining specific tasks this week, dynamite, tnt, picks, and regular ore, this kind of event is just gravy on top of what you'd be doing anyway.

I just mine the way I always do. If I win something, that's great; if not, no problem.

Completely agreed. Transportation competition was good because it also ties to regatta tasks. This mining competition should be similar to the regatta tasks which the number of ore should be counted towards points not just the depth. Depth should not matters but ores and tools players use should be accounted for.