Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mining event

I played just like I normally do... looking for ore and artifacts. What I noticed though is that more mining tools were showing up in addition to the regular stuff. Without even trying I am sitting in first in my competition league although there are only 3 of us so far. I won't change how I play for this but whatever I earn from it will be welcome.

Because pretty much, whenever you mine, you will earn something towards the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Chinada View Post
    How are points calculated in the new mining competition? There is no explanations in the game. Please advise. Thx.
    Dread has explained how it works. I just want to add there is an explanation in the game. If you click on the event near the zoo, then the question mark in the top left, this come up..

IMG_20190906_143425.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Me Me Big Boy View Post
    Downtown, I totally agree!

I have a See The Light mining booster on because I knew I was going to burn through all my tools, and I at least wanted to get the ore and artifacts..
    Exactly, I am using that booster as well

Quote Originally Posted by Me Me Big Boy View Post
    I think it's strange that we do not earn points for finding ore, clay, and artifacts. There is less challenge in simply mining down, then there is to dig up treasure.
    I agree. The only thing I think you couldn't get points for are the artifacts. Reason being, myself and lots of other players have already collected all of them. Getting points for all the other stuff would have been much more fun .

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Lyons View Post
    <........Perhaps it is set up to count depth only because it is the only equal element from player to player? If the ore and other goodies are scattered randomly throughout the mines would it be "unfair" to count other elements as possible score items? Just a thought.
    Cody I don't think it would be unfair, well no more unfair than any other event. It is random, but I think the opportunities to find stuff in our mine are pretty equal overall. I believe it would even itself out .

Thx to all. According to the explanation in the game it sounded like if I use the pick to just dig vertically it counts as a point regardless ores or articles are being extracted. Is that correct? Any extra points for ores or articles collected?

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post

Cody I don't think it would be unfair, well no more unfair than any other event. It is random, but I think the opportunities to find stuff in our mine are pretty equal overall. I believe it would even itself out .
    I, too, don't think it would be unfair. (I think if you want fair you look for carnival rides and a barker .... Life is far from fair). I just thought maybe Playrix was avoiding that possible controversy by using straight mine depth for the competition count. Short and sweet that way.

Town: Lyons Station
    Friend code: 4B8TTC
    Co-op name: Freedom of the Seas
    #FREK7G
    I started playing Township in order to build my own zoo (I am a former zookeeper)

Quote Originally Posted by Chinada View Post
    Thx to all. According to the explanation in the game it sounded like if I use the pick to just dig vertically it counts as a point regardless ores or articles are being extracted. Is that correct? Any extra points for ores or articles collected?
    That's correct Chinada. No extra points for ore,clay,artifacts or gems you collect. It only counts how many metres you descend into your mine .
    Last edited by Downton; 09-06-2019 at 02:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Lyons View Post
    I, too, don't think it would be unfair. (I think if you want fair you look for carnival rides and a barker .... Life is far from fair). I just thought maybe Playrix was avoiding that possible controversy by using straight mine depth for the competition count. Short and sweet that way.
    Yeah that could well be the reasoning for Playrix' decision to make it the way they have. I'm just a bit disappointed I guess. I was really looking forward to the mining event. Not including what we collect in the competition, as I said makes it boring IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Yeah that could well be the reasoning for Playrix' decision to make it the way they have. I'm just a bit disappointed I guess. I was really looking forward to the mining event. Not including what we collect in the competition, as I said makes it boring IMHO.
    Yup. Definitely boring. Just save up x-number of picks. Use one each to dig down a row. Not much fun.

Town: Lyons Station
    Friend code: 4B8TTC
    Co-op name: Freedom of the Seas
    #FREK7G
    I started playing Township in order to build my own zoo (I am a former zookeeper)

Anyone care to post what the rewards are? Are there both personal rewards and competition rewards? Trying to decide if I want to even start it. I'm done with all the regatta tasks so I won't be "accidentally" starting the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Anyone care to post what the rewards are? Are there both personal rewards and competition rewards? Trying to decide if I want to even start it. I'm done with all the regatta tasks so I won't be "accidentally" starting the tournament.
    Seem there is only one personal reward. After that it is the competition. Like the transport mini event. First reward is a bunch of mining tools which are worth the 7 steps down we have to do to earn them. You may want to do just that step. Mining tools + 1000 coins.
    Graylady, Forum member since may 2014 --- Playing on Android, not on Facebook
    Township level 206, Zoo 194 animals, --- coop #HHPY84

Please read this important post by Playrix about Township : Wishes/requests already rejected by Playrix