Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mining event

Yep agree to disagree

I think to a certain extent if you mine straight down and ignore ore, gems, tools, artefacts etc, you are missing out as you are using your tools but not getting the normal rewards for using them.

Normally for example in a task to collect 60 ore I would use maybe 80 picks and 15 - 20 each of the others. I would get a lot less for the same amount of tools if I just went straight down. And I would need to use thousands of tools to win in my group.

Obviously some people have enough tools that they don't need to consider this and some people just enjoy the challenge of the competition. It's a personal choice, but for me I don't think the final rewards are worth it.

I thought it odd they would initiate this event that wants us using up all our mining tools during a regatta season that features so many special mining tasks. If I spent much effort on this event now, I would not be able to take the picks, tnt, dynamite, or ores tasks next week. I suppose it works ok for people still working tasks in the current race, but it came too late this race for a lot of players and will finish before the next race starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    I thought it odd they would initiate this event that wants us using up all our mining tools during a regatta season that features so many special mining tasks. If I spent much effort on this event now, I would not be able to take the picks, tnt, dynamite, or ores tasks next week. I suppose it works ok for people still working tasks in the current race, but it came too late this race for a lot of players and will finish before the next race starts.
    IMHO most would need to buy lots of mining tools to participate in both the event and the regatta. And in MHO that was Playrix's main goal in offering this event during this regatta season. But once again that is just MHO. ☺

Town: Lyons Station
    Friend code: 4B8TTC
    Co-op name: Freedom of the Seas
    #FREK7G
    I started playing Township in order to build my own zoo (I am a former zookeeper)

So, mining event is over.

I placed 6th just mining as usual.

My trains definitely brought less mining tools than usual.

I liked the event, but didn't go to any great lengths to win it.

Is the mining event coming back soon?

Remember the mining event where you got rewards for getting mine depth? It was about a month ago. Is it coming back again soon?
    If found angry upset or sad administer cheerwine ASAP- Penelope Sue