Thread: Regatta Restriction

Regatta Restriction

I tried to join the seasonal regatta this morning. I got a message that I was restricted from the current regatta and that I needed to check the corresponding box in the game settings... Can someone help?
    Last edited by luvnmyblessings; 09-03-2019 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Typo

You will need to opt in to be unrestricted, but it won’t take effect this week because the regatta is already underway. You may want to ask in chat why you were restricted. Are you a new member? Some teams want to give people a week to understand the style of play. If you’re not new, did you do all the required tasks last week?
    Playing since 9/19/2016
    Level 102 iOS
    Zoo level = I hate the new zoo
    Co-op A-team (by request) #4YD4J9

I am the leader of my co op, I make my rules clear, if they opt in for the regatta they are to do a minimum of 3 tasks. I give a lot of notice and some opt out, which is fine, and others stay in and do not contribute. I have tried to keep on top of restricting people who typically don't race but never seem to opt out. What happens if in the middle of the race there are 2 people who are not participating and I restrict them? Does this harm the co op points worse than if I allowed them to just stay in and not participate? Frankly I don't think they should be allowed to collect on the prizes since they did not contribute and I'd like to restrict them.

Restricting them mid race prevents them taking tasks, so it would preclude those players from adding to your coop's final score. If they weren't going to do any tasks anyway, then restricting mid race won't affect the score but it also doesn't do anything to help the coop's competitive position in the current race.

Mostly what it does is prevent the restricted racers from collecting the race-end rewards.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 12-21-2019 at 04:23 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

I restricted a player from next race, now I want to enable him for the disabled race, I (Leader) can do nothing to enable him, and he gets the message, you are restricte form this, try next.

Is there a way back?

Quote Originally Posted by Acapulco View Post
    I restricted a player from next race, now I want to enable him for the disabled race, I (Leader) can do nothing to enable him, and he gets the message, you are restricte form this, try next.

Is there a way back?
    Hi,

The restricted player must opt-in for the race themselves, the leader (or co-leaders) can't do that. They must go to Settings > Additional Settings > Participate in Seasonal Regatta > tap Ok.

If the player was restricted during an ongoing race, they can't opt-in back in the same race, the settings will take effect only for the next race.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township, Gardenscapes and Homescapes moderator, I only have power to maintain the forums.
    Township Support | Gardenscapes Support | Homescapes Support
    FORUM RULES

Quote Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
    Hi,

The restricted player must opt-in for the race themselves, the leader (or co-leaders) can't do that. They must go to Settings > Additional Settings > Participate in Seasonal Regatta > tap Ok.

If the player was restricted during an ongoing race, they can't opt-in back in the same race, the settings will take effect only for the next race.
    It's really been unclear to me just how "the next race" works. I was always under the impression that if a player was restricted it applied to the "next full race", that is, if I restrict you on Friday you cannot race on the following Tuesday even if you manually change your setting back to "opt-in".

Does it work differently if you are restricted "mid-race" than on Monday, the day between races?

Personally I've only used restrict to change the status of a player who went "incommunicado" and I wasn't sure if they would be returning for the next race so it less drastic than kicking them out and re-inviting them. So I haven't paid much attention to the other uses of "restrict".

Thanks for your answer, this means if I once restricted a player, there is now way back for the restricted race. Nobody can help this player to participate in the restricted race(my opinion changed).

Next race starts after the price giving, to be seen on the wheel right of coop members in the coop-center. At the start of the race this switch gets read and set by system, and can not be changed.
    Last edited by Acapulco; 12-23-2019 at 04:03 PM.

Hi guys,
    I wound up getting restricted (was sick with the flu) and left my coop, but now that I'm with a new one, I'm still restricted despite changing my settings, etc. Any ideas?

Once a player has been restricted he/she cannot race for that week.
    Only the restricted player can opt back in ready to race the followingTuesday.

cdsor ... it works the same no matter what day it is. However, restricting on Any day would allow the player time to opt back in and still be counted as racing onTuesday.
    The best time if possible to restrict a player is just before your first task is taken.

Photogyrl..... you will not be able to race until Tuesday with the start if a new week/race, even though you have opted in.