Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Need more chickens

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    And I already mentioned in 'cracklin about chicken' we stay near Chicken capital of the Netherlands.
    Given your penchant for chickens I would have thought you'd visit the Chicken Capital of Denmark, Coopenhagen. I hear they even have a chicken flavored ice-cream there, CoopenHäagen-Dazs

Sorry, I'll show myself out

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Given your penchant for chickens I would have thought you'd visit the Chicken Capital of Denmark, Coopenhagen. I hear they even have a chicken flavored ice-cream there, CoopenHäagen-Dazs

I waited too long to harvest my chicken eggs so I have plenty of rotten ones to throw if anyone wants to join in.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post

Well found cdosr but Barn-and-Field sounds Township-wise good enough for me.
    But no hard feelings, you are allowed to stay
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    p.s.: and the OP hasn't even been back yet to check for answers to their question, after all in "troubles". If they were (and stayed silent), I'd think we scared them off *g*
    Whatever made you think that- said she, wide eyed with astonishment???

No, really, you’re probably right

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    Whatever made you think that- said she, wide eyed with astonishment??? ...
    I looked on their profile page They were here last the day they posted the OP.

And the rest with the scaring... well, didn't happen. *G*

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Ruud View Post
    A rooster(in Dutch)!?!
    - Timetable, for example, the system that coordinates my working days with my other colleagues in shift work.
    - A ferry grid that must stop the Scottish Highlanders (Cows) from walking on the public road instead of their Wildpark.
    - A mesh structure that must keep mosquitoes out and fresh air inside our houses.
    - BBQ, baking cakes and grilling meat!
    Lol...Yes...In Dutch...

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Can see the logic in most of those
    Shift timetable is a roster or a rota
    Cattle grids keep cows, deer, horses and sheep from crossing. (A ferry is a transport ship so irrelevant at first glance). Hard to see the link to rooster unless the bars they're made with look like perches.
    Link to mosquito netting/screens also not obvious.
    BBQ/oven (or should I say "ze oaffen") comes from roast/rôti/rosti rather than roost. (Of course roast could be rooted to roost as male chickens less useful than the female so more likely to be cooked)
    ETA. Roast comes from grid in oven so that's where cattle grid comes from.
    Rooster is an Americanism for cockerel as apparently the four letter short form could be considered rude.
    Oh my...yes...on that last part.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    ... with the crew here, I expect us to land always in either language or strange background stuff - or both. *G*
    And LOL again at the consequences of your question I would bet you just wanted to use that emoji finally, eh? or did you know about these many meanings? (I cautiously didn't look it up in <G>erman.)
    Lol...I should have expected it...

Well..the op said they wanted more chickens...I was honestly asking...why not have roosters? (not really for the game though )

Always err to the side of caution!

I find it interesting the different meanings for words from other countries. Like a biscuit...for us Americans it is a soft, flaky bread. While in other countries it is generally a flat, hard type bread.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Lol...Yes...In Dutch...

I find it interesting the different meanings for words from other countries. Like a biscuit...for us Americans it is a soft, flaky bread. While in other countries it is generally a flat, hard type bread.
    Ooh, thank you - that explains the meal 'biscuits and gravy' that has always puzzled me.

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Ooh, thank you - that explains the meal 'biscuits and gravy' that has always puzzled me.
    American biscuit looks almost exactly like our (plain) scone, but has a more bready taste.

The “gravy” they then subject this deliciousness to is some foul gloopy white sauce stuff.

Our biscuits come in many many varieties, and are essentially hard cookies.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”So fly away on a bright new morning,
    Spread your wings and soar to the skies,
    Let softest winds take you on your journey,
    And we will know that you are home.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    American biscuit looks almost exactly like our (plain) scone, but has a more bready taste.

The “gravy” they then subject this deliciousness to is some foul gloopy white sauce stuff.

Not all "gravy" is "some foul gloopy white sauce stuff"; here is a sample recipe that I like:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...-gravy-2145820

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post

It's not "foul" but a deliciously thick white sauce infused with pork sausage crumbles. Taste is devine, texture is satisfying, Southern US comfort food at its finest. You guys don't know what you're missing.
    Last edited by cdosr; 09-10-2019 at 01:40 PM.