Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Need more chickens

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    American biscuit looks almost exactly like our (plain) scone, but has a more bready taste.

The “gravy” they then subject this deliciousness to is some foul gloopy white sauce stuff.

Our biscuits come in many many varieties, and are essentially hard cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by BJK14 View Post
    Not all "gravy" is "some foul gloopy white sauce stuff"; here is a sample recipe that I like:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...-gravy-2145820

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    It's not "foul" but a deliciously thick white sauce infused with pork sausage crumbles. Taste is devine, texture is satisfying, Southern US comfort food at its finest. You guys don't know what you're missing.
    Sounds like we opened a can of worms - or is that more like chittlins

(As a big fan of haggis am not criticizing anyone's definition of good food )

Not all "gravy" is "some foul gloopy white sauce stuff"; here is a sample recipe that I like:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/...-gravy-2145820

The link takes me to home page rather than specific recipe

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    The link takes me to home page rather than specific recipe
    Try this link: https://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/...e_recipe=10953

better, thx exchange link in your OP, too, pls? TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    ...Well..the op said they wanted more chickens...I was honestly asking...why not have roosters? (not really for the game though )
    well, I can't see (w/o you quoting the OP) in a post on page xx that you were asking the OP. And as they asked for more chickens to get more eggs, I am still a bit amazed about your "honest question". *G*

(even if not (only) to the OP, then your question was: "why not have roosters, not for the game"..? that opens up a whole new... whatever. lol)

Looks edible
    Cheese sauce without the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    American biscuit looks almost exactly like our (plain) scone, but has a more bready taste.

The “gravy” they then subject this deliciousness to is some foul gloopy white sauce stuff.

Our biscuits come in many many varieties, and are essentially hard cookies.
    Nevada, I've been traveling around a few southern states this past week, my "go to" breakfast has been Biscuits and Gravy

B_G_1.jpg

So I picked up a Biscuits and Gravy Loyalty Card for you, every 5th bowl is free

B_G_3.jpg

It came with a free T-Shirt, I'm keeping it

B_G_2.jpg

Nevada, I've been traveling around a few southern states this past week, my "go to" breakfast has been Biscuits and Gravy

B_G_1.jpg

So I picked up a Biscuits and Gravy Loyalty Card for you, every 5th bowl is free

B_G_3.jpg

It came with a free T-Shirt, I'm keeping it

B_G_2.jpg
    Thanks a well needed laugh, cdosr! With as much as I love biscuits and gravy I hope, if I ever end up at a Bob Evans restaurant, they offer the tee in extra large sizes.

B_G_1.jpg
    Do you eat grits with that?? I think if I tried it I'd probably quite like it, but biscuit gravy and grits doesn't sound very appetising, and if you translate it to British English - scones, white sauce with sausage fat, and porridge it sounds even worse LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Do you eat grits with that?? I think if I tried it I'd probably quite like it, but biscuit gravy and grits doesn't sound very appetising, and if you translate it to British English - scones, white sauce with sausage fat, and porridge it sounds even worse LOL
    JJay - how would the USA's dish S**t on a Shingle translate?

For reference it's actually called Cream Chipped Beef on Toast but WWII GI's tagged it as "S.O.S." and the name has stuck.