Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regatta improvement wish. Not allow player2 to start player1's reserved Regatta task

Regatta improvement wish. Not allow player2 to start player1's reserved Regatta task

Hello Team,

I have a suggestion (wish) that i know affects many here in Township. During the Regatta I have reserved a task because i am taking time to prepare in advance to help me finish that task when i finish my current task or i would like others to know i wish to do this task next to keep a flow going. I come back the next day only to see that my reserved task was started by someone else in the group. (frustration). Township Team, could you find it in your heart somewhere to make it possible, with the reserving of Tasks, to make it not possible to allow player number 2 take player number 1s reserved task. With that change it would only be possible for someone to start that task if one of 2 things happen... 1. The 12 hour time limit runs out, or 2. The player cancels his/her reservation. This, in my eyes and in the eyes of about 10 other people in my Co-op group, would be a major improvement to the game. I look Forward you your Reply

Balouville

I'm probably going to annoy a few people but I'm going to say it anyway. This is a terrible idea, especially in the circumstances described by the OP.

The number of "good" tasks is limited by the game. If your team is of reasonable size, say 10 or more racing, then there aren't enough "high value" tasks, 130+ at any one time to keep everyone busy. Many will have to wait for the refresh cycle (or pay to speed it up) to get more choices.

If you "reserve" a task and *only then* start preparing for it by making the items in the factory, you are holding up the rest of the team while your factory is off making things. While some people think of this as being able to do some other tasks while waiting for the factory to finish a bunch of items, the reverse is true for your teammates, they are limited in the things they can do while your factory is busy. It is even more "frustrating" for your teammates who may be better prepared and already have most or all of the items necessary to do the task quickly.

My team treats "reserve" as meaning "please don't dump this task, I can do it soon" but it also means "if you are better prepared for it, please take it". Naturally, there will be some exchange in the chat asking if they can take it and an agreement reached on who will do it but in general what's best for the team will prevail.

If your team has some rules in place and you all have signed on to abide by them, the leader / co-leaders have ways to deal with people who break them, like those that "steal" your reservation. On the other hand, they also have ways to deal with those who "hog the board". Either or both can be bad depending on the point of view of the observer.

Rather than change the game rules which we're all used to by now and are fine with the way it is, work these kind of issues out with your team.

Of course, co-op size will make a difference, a team of 2 may be fine with long reservations, a team of 20 may not be. If someone in a solo co-op is having their reservations stolen I recommend professional help.

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    I'm probably going to annoy a few people but I'm going to say it anyway. This is a terrible idea, especially in the circumstances described by the OP.[........]
    Well definitely doesn't annoy me. I agree with you

....If someone in a solo co-op is having their reservations stolen I recommend professional help.
    ROFL

I appreciate your contra and other Input as well. I am not desiring the whole game to be changed if that causes a Major Problem to a Long running and in some cases working System. It can also be just an Option to be set in the individual co-op so each Group can be set up how they wish to have it. (from leader or vise). in the same way it can be adjusted to where just certain Rankings can reserve.

Im not much of a Forum Person myself i am just seeing if this wish can be put into reality so each co-op can then have more choices availble to individualize how they wish their co-op to operate.

("If someone in a solo co-op is having their reservations stolen I recommend professional help.")
    Yes, i agree with you on this Point. . There could even be a block Chat Option for that Person if too many threat Messages are sent

We have a suggestion in our co-op that reserves are only around 3 hours in length. Obviously, they’re reserved for 12 anyway, but we have an understanding that after 3 hours, anyone else may take your reserve.

As a team of around 6 racing members, doing a variety of point tasks, it hasn’t actually happened, but, I know many co-ops have time limits as a hard and fast rule.

Insert what Cdsor said here.

Great to see you around, Charlie!
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”I can hear you; but I won't.
    Some look for trouble while others don't.
    There's a thousand reasons I should go about my day,
    And ignore your whispers which I wish would go away, oh”

I'm probably going to annoy a few people but I'm going to say it anyway. This is a terrible idea, especially in the circumstances described by the OP.
    Oh good...glad it wasn't just me!

If someone in a solo co-op is having their reservations stolen I recommend professional help.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Well definitely doesn't annoy me. I agree with you
    ditto

Okay I take it the answer is "NO", thanks for the info and Feedback, i consider this issue to be closed. I have Nothing further to say. "Spock out"

"Due to a lack of interest, today has been canceled"

Quote Originally Posted by Balouville View Post
    Okay I take it the answer is "NO"...
    just to clarify: if you meant to talk to Playrix team with your first post above, there is no answer by them here at all. You'd have to send your suggestion from ingame (Help and Support section behind the cog wheel top left contains Feedback possibility).

The forum is mainly for player interaction. You've got a response from other players here, so far from those who don't agree with your wish - normal discussion, I'd say.
    The wish for making reservations "unchangeable", has been posted here before, and has always (is my impression) received mostly (not only!) negative feedback from other players, for the reasons that cdosr mentioned (I'm referring to reserve as "don't dump" mainly; Coop numbers are another reason) and also, cos many Coops use the reserve feature in different ways, like reserving for others, so it must be possible "to hand over".
    Playrix mentioned in their Help files that they try to follow the players' wish for the Devs not be ruling too much into a Coop. They have changed the reservation feature a bit, f.e. with setting a time limit (a fixed one, not what we wished for!), but didn't change the "overwrite"-possibility, although the suggestion was there immediately, always. They want to rely on the Coop's communication, and how they define their team work there, is my guess. And it's in any case my suggestion for you and your Coop, talk it over, what and how it should be handled. That will in any case be faster than trying to convince Playrix - but you can still try, as said above.

Balouville, just to echo what _DD_ said, we are all players here just like you. We often use these forums to discuss / (dis)agree / and refine requests and suggestions other players make. Sometimes what seems to be a solution to a specific problem has side effects on other players and we often bring up what those side effects are in the spirit of helping make the suggestion better and more general.

So, even if the developers decide to do something about the reservation system to either address your specific issue or to provide some more controls so that individual co-ops can have more choices in how reservations are used, it is not likely that any changes will be coming shortly. On the other hand, you seem to describe an ongoing situation in your co-op and one that should be addressed quickly. The only tools available right now are to restrict who can reserve tasks based on "co-op status" (member, elder, etc) and proper communication of the co-op rules. Use can use those now to help you out of an exasperating situation.

PS, nice to see you back again Nevada

I think I agree with parts of all the above opinions.

Imo reserved should mean reserved and it is just plain wrong to take someone else's task no matter how much it annoys you. It's a tricky issue because it does seem selfish to leave a long reserve on the board, but it is also selfish to take someone else's task, especially knowing it leaves them with a factory full of something or boats tied up on the now pointless journeys.

That said, it is true that too many reserves will bog up the board, blocking other players from finding tasks. This is especially true for coops looking for only 135 tasks. Maybe a compromise solution would be to allow a leader or co leader to remove a reserve, leaving it free for anyone else.

I can see why some coops have simply implemented a no reserves rule to eliminate the headache.

I think the strategy of limiting reserves to 2 or 3 hours should be workable for coops with smaller number of racers, especially if the coop limits their use to boat and factory tasks.
    Last edited by Mayfield; 09-04-2019 at 07:39 PM.