Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Town Signs

Town Signs

Previously, my town name, and other long town names, showed up on two lines. I left the game for awhile yesterday, during which i ran an update on my ipad. When i went back into Township, my sign was blank except for the population. On some of the other signs i had in storage, it showed up but squished onto one line. I had to shorten it to use the sign i want.
    I’ve looked around other towns that have long names....they are either squished on a single line or they are blank.
    I’m wondering if this was a change in Township or if it was related to the ipad update?
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

Just tested it on my kindle Maggie. It is the same for me, scrunched up tiny writing on one line. Appears to be a change by Playrix, not your iPad update.

ETA Tested it on my Android phone, same there as well. One line.
    Last edited by Downton; 09-01-2019 at 04:10 PM.

Kinda funny how some things can be changed without having to wait for an update....
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

I looked today and don't have any such change on my Android tablet. I saw at least 2 towns and 2 different town signs with 2 lines. Esp. good for testing is the Flower Town sign, as it's little and round.

For Maggie I would have said it's possibly the IOS update (as assumption); had something similar (general consequences across the device) lately with an OS update, too. But no idea how that fits with Downton's two different devices.

After reading your post DD, I checked with more of my Town signs and discovered it is dependant on which sign I use. Just happens to be my current one and the couple of others I tested earlier were all displaying one line of text. As can be seen below my Easter one has the two lines. On investigation quite a few show two lines.

So Maggie if it is squished on every Town sign you have, like DD I would also say maybe your IOS update has effected it. Sorry for any confusion I might have caused .
    Last edited by Downton; 09-02-2019 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Removed pics

75273C24-5F55-4F45-B9A2-87AAB9EEDFE3.jpg 3629E570-B8FE-4E67-BB3C-317F0D504A72.jpg 9B81C43A-5169-469F-B928-2C5F1BD53FB6.jpg
    The first blank sign is when the text is the same as the airplane event sign. The third sign is if i delete 2 characters/spaces.
    I checked some of the global top towns from the airport and they were squished on a single line or blank as well.
    Edit: there are a couple of other, larger signs that the original text fits on. Before, Magnolia and Canada were on 2 separate lines.
    Last edited by Magnolia Township; 09-02-2019 at 03:04 AM.
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    .. ... 9B81C43A-5169-469F-B928-2C5F1BD53FB6.jpg ...
    ... Before, Magnolia and Canada were on 2 separate lines.
    I can't reproduce the stars (don't know, or only IOS can), but this is the result of my test with that sign:

Screenshot_20190902-135855.jpg

I get three lines.
    BTW, it was entered all in one line, as usual, so I don't know why it puts the "test" not in the 2nd line with "Canada". If it had as much space as line 1, it should be plenty of room there for it.

dunno how to say that properly and politely, Maggie, but I'd say "it's you" - or rather your device?
    an OS update can f.e. change the fonts across the device.
    ETA: Or is it *that* star maybe? (now?) I can't even use all symbols from my Google keyboard on my town sign, maybe you can, but it has an unexpected result... for that, did you try text only? and a row of numbers, so we see where it stops? 12345 etc.
    ETA-2: for the numbers see also next post.

so:
    How about reporting it? or maybe another IOS player could test it first?

P.S. (just as alternative to "eta" *g*): and just to mention it: you did restart your device completely after the update, yes?
    Last edited by _DD_; 09-02-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    ETA: Or is it *that* star maybe? (now?) I can't even use all symbols from my Google keyboard on my town sign, maybe you can, but it has an unexpected result... for that, did you try text only? and a row of numbers, so we see where it stops? 12345 etc.

was curious and tested it myself already
    (and appreciate that some friends helped load my trains nonetheless, lol, wonder what they thought these last minutes!)

Screenshot_20190902-144824.jpg

again, 3 lines, IF I add a blank after each 10th number/letter, i.e. 3 x 10 plus 2 blanks = 32 characters.

If I don't put the blanks, the whole thing is shown in one line = line nr 1, smaller font - but is still complete.

It’s definitely from the update (i think lol)
    The top player in the global airplane leaderboard has a long name using emojis as well...on my ipad, it shows a blank town sign...i used an android phone to look at it and it showed up on multiple lines, without the emojis which has always been the case for android. The same was true for long names that don’t use emojis so that isn’t a factor... i can give myself a long name of all letters and it won’t use multiple lines on my ipad.
    The emoji i’m using is a maple leaf—the site didn’t have a Canadian flag—but it is so small, to me it looks more like flames than a star lol!
    ~Magnolia~
    🇨🇦Canada🇨🇦

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    It’s definitely from the update (i think lol)
    lol, IC. I would still report it to Playrix; maybe they have an idea what to do (f.e. on your iPad with a font).
    (and? did you restart? )

The top player in the global airplane leaderboard has a long name using emojis as well...on my ipad, it shows a blank town sign...i used an android phone to look at it and it showed up on multiple lines, without the emojis which has always been the case for android.
    Not totally w/o emojis; it just shows (partly) nonsensical signs. I think Nevada posted a while ago a pic which showed roses on her town sign, and to me it looked ingame like some Asian font signs or letters.
    Same for first on the airplane leaderboard.
    I can also use these fancy ASCII "sign translations" on my town sign (have no idea what they're really called), if I go the route of a "translation" (shortcut, I think) in the devices "dictionary", like this one: ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

The emoji i’m using is a maple leaf—the site didn’t have a Canadian flag—but it is so small, to me it looks more like flames than a star lol!
    oh IC, lol, sorry. Went back and see the maple leaf on the bigger and lighter town sign, just on the dark brown it wasn't clear (and now that you mention it: I remember wondering about the why of the star on your sign for a moment, but was distracted by the testing then).
    anyway, for the above mentioned reasons (mainly, being on Android), I couldn't use any of them for testing out the "space".
    Last edited by _DD_; 09-02-2019 at 03:53 PM.