Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some advice re: transferring my town to a new device

Some advice re: transferring my town to a new device

Hello all! So.... since the last update the graphics went all wonky on my dinosaur of a tablet (tabeo e2). I have my game through amazon app. The tabeo o.s. is android....
    I decided better get a new tablet, and received my new amazon fire hd8 a few days ago. I was sooooo excited! Until... i plugged in my Amazon info and downloaded Township and did the tutorial. The levels just kept going with no sign of my old town in sight.
    I sent a help request from a link i found in this forum, and as instructed, also did the same in game on the new fire hd8. I cannot send an in game help request on the old tablet for some reason. I have a convo id #.
    Now that those bases are covered.... a few questions... 1. Can my old game be transferred to my new device manually by one of the wonderful and helpful staff at playrix?
    2. Is the only way to transfer my town to the new device is to have Facebook (which i don't have, and don't really want to get if I dont have to)?
    3. Since ive already sent help request and have a convo id number, is it better now to stop playing on both towns and wait until I hear from Playrix?

I apologize for possibly being a "pain". I am very technically challenged and dont want to mess this up. Many thanks in advance!

Hi Hope, this isn't an uncommon issue and yes, Support can manually shunt your old game onto your new device. The request for help would need to come from your new device anyway, so that's ok - just make sure you've replied to the automated response and you'll be put in the queue for human attention. You don't need Facebook for them to do it, though connecting it to our towns may avoid exactly this scenario when transferring to a different platform. There's no reason you can't carry on playing your old town while you wait for Support to reply to you, since they'll transfer it from whatever point you're talking to them at. Carrying on with your new one won't hurt anything either, though it's probably pointless given that you want them to overwrite it.

If you want to send me your Conversation ID# by private message, I'll forward it to our Admin & see if they can do anything to help.

Bessville, thank you so much! So... how do i send a p.m. to you? As i said technically challenged... lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hope1982 View Post
    Bessville, thank you so much! So... how do i send a p.m. to you? As i said technically challenged... lol
    Got it

Hi Hope I just got my town linked to my phone (I don't have Facebook either). CS, Bess and Anna were a great help. It took less than 3 days to complete .

Thanks Downton, for the words of encouragement. Ive been reading this forum for over a year, gaining lots of helpful info on building my town, fixing any minor troubles i may have had, and got a few laughs from some posts I've read. I feel a slight sense of knowing you all already. I am happy to say that this is my 1st time asking for any help on this forum, and everyone seems to be as delightful as I imagined!

Thanks Downton, for the words of encouragement. Ive been reading this forum for over a year, gaining lots of helpful info on building my town, fixing any minor troubles i may have had, and got a few laughs from some posts I've read. I feel a slight sense of knowing you all already. I am happy to say that this is my 1st time asking for any help on this forum, and everyone seems to be as delightful as I imagined!
    That's lovely of you to say Hope . I know exactly what you mean, I also read the forum for quite a bit before joining. I felt like I knew the regulars already while still being a newbie .

Glad you made the leap and became a member of the community here. I'm sure you will enjoy it very much .

Hey Bess, trying to send you a p.m. with an update

Hey Bess, trying to send you a p.m. with an update
    Hope, have you seen this thread? https://forum.playrix.com/showthread...14-Resignation

Oh boy BJK14, no i didnt. Thank you for the notice. 😢