Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Runaway peacock!

Quote Originally Posted by specialj501 View Post
    Looks a bit like the "fruit" store at the mall
    and?

btw, to quote correctly, you must give it an end "sign", i.e. what the prog recognizes as such. Edit your post above, pls, and add the 2nd-quote tag, after my text, by typing: [ / quote ]
    = WITH the brackets, the word and the slash, but withOUT the spaces inside the brackets.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    Why not? The employees inside obviously have better things to do than to look after their customers, so the door is closed.
    Sounds familiar, no?

and? ...
    _DD_ think of a popular computer company with a fruit logo. It took me a moment to figure it out and then I lol'd because it's so true.

(Also, I added in the end quote to specialj501's quote in this post.)

[QUOTE=specialj501;1546606]
    Why not? The employees inside obviously have better things to do than to look after their customers, so the door is closed.
    Sounds familiar, no?

Also sounds like my equally fruity ISP who once told me my anti-virus programme was the cause of a region-wide shutdown. Also informed me that they'd tested my line and had max debit speed....in reply to photo of disconnected live phone line lying across the road with pretty sparks and smoke effects

Quote Originally Posted by BJK14 View Post
    _DD_ think of a popular computer company with a fruit logo. It took me a moment to figure it out and then I lol'd because it's so true.
    thanks for the explanation Possibly so... I thought it was an ingame reference, and didn't remember the house.
    And as I have no idea how that company's house looks like (nor do I have any device from them), it's a bit of an insider joke in my view.

And main thing is that I had a totally different company in mind, when writing this, lol. Much closer to all of us.

(Also, I added in the end quote to specialj501's quote in this post.)
    fine! Just that the sentence "sounds familiar, no?" belongs in my text and shows very well the advantages of quoting properly from the beginning *G*. Jay (in the next post) had difficulties with it, too, just by quoting it.
    (still, I am a big fan of quotes! makes the references usually so much clearer.)

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    Also sounds like my equally fruity ISP who once told me my anti-virus programme was the cause of a region-wide shutdown. Also informed me that they'd tested my line and had max debit speed....in reply to photo of disconnected live phone line lying across the road with pretty sparks and smoke effects
    LOL! well, at least they weren't closed, but did talk to you.

and?

btw, to quote correctly, you must give it an end "sign", i.e. what the prog recognizes as such. Edit your post above, pls, and add the 2nd-quote tag, after my text, by typing: [ / quote ]
    = WITH the brackets, the word and the slash, but withOUT the spaces inside the brackets.
    Sorry I really don't know how to do a lot of things on forum & if my "fruit" reference was too out there. I knew I shouldn't use the brand name. Thanks for trying to teach me, but every time I try to edit my posts it just deletes them🤗

Sorry I really don't know how to do a lot of things on forum & if my "fruit" reference was too out there. I knew I shouldn't use the brand name.
    The latter is right, and I explained above (I think) why I didn't get the joke (and you didn't get mine, I guess). Barb did, others probably, too. That's the risk when telling a joke.
    As for forum features, you don't want to tell me you want to stop learning?

Thanks for trying to teach me, but every time I try to edit my posts it just deletes them������
    Sorry but chances are there is no "it", no working against you, but you using a wrong button, prolly not scrolling to the right place.
    Do you try to edit in Advanced mode? cos there the Delete option is sitting at the start of the message suddenly, and the simple Save can be overlooked.
    But in the Quick reply box, when tapping/using the Edit button, it looks like this:

Screenshot_20190906-195516.jpg Save - Go Advanced - Delete - Cancel
    (tap on pic to see it bigger)

and should be feasible to hit the right one..?
    Or how does it look/work for you?
    Last edited by _DD_; 09-06-2019 at 06:18 PM.