Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Flags/badges

I am brand new on this forum, so I apologize if I join the thread incorrectly. I came to find out why all the flags had been replaced with picture book symbols. It seems to boil down to devs getting a flag wrong? If this change is permanent, would it be okay to ask for a gem refund, since I have no desire to own the new flags and they are a far cry from the item i originally bought? I miss the country flags, they provided some great uses. I hope they bring them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Imo if we can't keep the flag(s) we bought, then the only right thing for them to do is refund us the jewel price of the flag, or maybe a compensatory pile of tcash. Imo it is fraud on their part to let us make a purchase of one item then swap it out for a different item we neither need nor want. Nobody bought those flags to have meaningless generic flags and it feels like we were just robbed to take away the one we did buy.
    Totally agree. I didn't and wouldn't have used my gems to buy one of the childish pennants now on offer. It's annoying enough when they change the designs of decorations already purchased, but to change an item for something totally different is very unfair. If I can't have my flag (and I understand this may be fair to others) then I'd like a refund please.

Some of us are old enough to remember when flags cost hard earned T cash. I used to have flags that represented different areas of the world dotted around my town but now they are all identical. Could the national flags at least be replaced by something more visually fun? I am left with a load of identical yellow stars on a blue background. There could be much better designs made available.

I would like to suggest, if the country flags won’t return whatsoever, to at least have Township related flags. Such as the Township animals, townspeople, the products/crops, something related to the game.

Please at least think about it thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Runner Miles View Post
    I am brand new on this forum, so I apologize if I join the thread incorrectly. I came to find out why all the flags had been replaced with picture book symbols. It seems to boil down to devs getting a flag wrong? If this change is permanent, would it be okay to ask for a gem refund, since I have no desire to own the new flags and they are a far cry from the item i originally bought? I miss the country flags, they provided some great uses. I hope they bring them back.
    Ditto.
    Former co-op teammates are also owed a refund of the bronze ore they extremely kindly donated to enable me to buy my three flags expressing my geographic allegiances. Was considering buying a LOT more and am grateful that I hadn't yet got around to it. When making such big changes it would be better to ask for feedback beforehand. Even if that feedback is ignored for technical/financial reasons, forewarning causes less offence.

Quote Originally Posted by JayS View Post
    ...When making such big changes it would be better to ask for feedback beforehand. Even if that feedback is ignored for technical/financial reasons, forewarning causes less offence.
    Definitely. Big changes or things that had to be paid in whichever currency.
    All the more, if both come together.

... would be so wonderful, if their deciders finally learned it...

What utter nonsense this whole flag change is. Just sold mine.

Well, i haven’t sold mine but have put it in storage in case they come up with a better solution. I actually didn’t check to see what i would have been able to sell it for but it wouldn’t have made up for the ingots i originally paid for it.
    The generic icons have nothing to do with the game...as Bee22 said, they could have been town characters, animals (zoo or farm), crops, co-op badges or our game avatar.....or beyond township, planets or continents. The only bright side i can see is that no country is singled out and having Flag 1,2,3 etc is better than the country name with a flag that is obviously wrong. I do feel bad for the towns that had great displays with multiple national flags.
    Ditto Mic’s comment that at least it’s a space freed up for something else.

Badge Design

I’d like to know why my inner badge design changed from the American flag design to a knights helmet. If anyone has an idea as to why that is please let me know

I put my two flags in storage also. Like you Maggie, I am hoping a better solution is decided by Playrix. The other reason I didn't bother selling them is, we are only offered 1044 coins .