Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Flags/badges

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Aaah...ok...I see. So they are implementing it and no advance warning given.
    The OP did say it was announced on Weibo.. but we never get advance warning of changes, so this isn't any different to anything else in that respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Not to lay blame anywhere specific here, but I'm just reminding everybody of the forum rules in advance of further discussion, so we don't end up going the same way as before (especially rules #1-3). Let's keep the conversation respectful and constructive
    Sorry Bess, I really dont want to break any rules. I ditto what Nightrook said, you guys do a great job. I guess its just as the thread suggests....frustration. Anyway duly noted .
    Last edited by Bessville; 08-30-2019 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Typo in quote

I do not mean to be ungrateful to the mods who have taken on the challenge of keeping the forum clean and civil. I realize the line between discussion and mayhem can be a thin one.
    But, although i may be the only one who had to google Weibo, it would have been more effective to make the announcement in the Announcement thread on the official forum.....and again, make the changes for all. Changing flags is not equivalent to changing palm trees...

Good grief! Township and this Forum are both approaching their 6th birthdays and throughout that time we have had our countries flags available. It was cool to see where our many game friends were from around the world. There have been a few requests over the years for the adding of flags for a country not yet included, but nothing that created controversy or got out of control in the threads.

I have no interest in a Township designed flag or flags replacing the originals. What would be the point of it/them?

Am finding it very hard to comply with all forum rules at the same time.
    Anna's explanation of the change to the Chinese flag would make sense if other flags had also been altered.
    I hope that they aren't as it's nice to see where friends are based/from.
    There has to be a reason why Playrix has decided to cause gratuitous offence.
    In some countries, insulting the national flag is a criminal offence. I could imagine that China may be one of them, though can't see that depicting it accurately in-game is insulting.
    Have probably inadvertently broken rules 2,5,7&8.

Hi Jay, if you want clarification of the rules, just pm a Mod and we'll explain.

As far as the rule about repeating closed subjects goes - we've obviously decided to be flexible about that one in this instance. And so long as that flexibility doesn't result in anybody treating this thread like they've got a free pass to break a whole bunch of others too, we're all hoping to maintain that position for now.

As for the reason why this change was made - we've had our official answer on that, so speculating about any political reasons behind it wouldn't only be a rule break, it would also be pointless.
    Last edited by Bessville; 08-30-2019 at 11:25 PM.

Personally I do not mind if the flags of my nations (i have dual citizenship) are changed, but I can imagine that there are countries where the flag plays an important role for the unity of the country. Playrix shouldn’t meddle with them.
    Last edited by Bessville; 08-28-2019 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Rule #2

AlwaysKimmie
    Ok here is my 2 cents in the matter.
    I understand both sides. Yes I myself had said few things that now I agree had every right to delete.
    But what I don't understand why mess with the flag's? For the person from that country I myself would be upset that they are putting out a flag that DON'T look like my home country. Don't matter if it is China, Germany, or my home country America. If they changed my flag I would be upset, it is a form of disrespectful towards the people. Either keep them AA THEY ARE TO BE or get rid of all together. If I remember the creators are from Ireland how would they feel if there flag was changed??? 😠😠😠

If they are truly going to change national flags, it's going to ruin many town's courtyards. Mine included, I have flags representing all of my out of country co-op friends. I think it shows the unity of township friends.

Quote Originally Posted by specialj501 View Post
    If they are truly going to change national flags, it's going to ruin many town's courtyards. Mine included, I have flags representing all of my out of country co-op friends. I think it shows the unity of township friends.
    The towns that i have visited that have many different flags are really impressive looking!