Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Flags/badges

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    My guess is the real reason is that they only had flags for larger countries or ones where they had lots of players. Players whose flag was not an option felt marginalized, which is imo a fair complaint. There are 197 recognized independent countries and making that many more flags and redesigning the custom interface to cope with that many is just not economically practical. Then, of course there are certain sticky political questions we won't discuss here.

I don't know if Solomon could have found a better solution, but "if everyone can't have one then no one can" is a time honored Mom solution anyway.
    I have no idea whatsoever about computer programming Mayfield, but I counted the number of flags available a couple of days ago and got to 94, plus that of China, which had just kicked this whole thing off by being altered. So is it really so difficult to add the rest when you already offer almost 50%? (It's not as though they have to design the flags seeing as the designs already exist) I'm not trying to argue or contradict, I honestly don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather Walsh View Post
    I would just like to add to this discussion by saying that I live in one of the countries whose flag was not available (frankly we are a very small country so I would have been amazed if it had been). I have never felt in the least upset that a flag wasn't available to me, I completely understand why it wasn't. Having said that, I always loved going to visit other towns and seeing their flags and indeed many in my co-op had their flags displayed. I feel so sorry for them that they have lost a much beloved decoration for their towns that they were understandably very proud of. Sorry for all of you who have lost your flags too, maybe, just maybe, Playrix will either change their minds and reinstate the flags or at the very least offer a plausible explanation for taking them away. After all, they changed their mind on the hopping thing, when they got all the feedback on that, so with that in mind, I am keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed for you all
    Maybe they could have done an A-G Flag Pole, H-N Flag Pole and an O-Z Flag Pole, but now I doubt that will happen now.

Antarctica Flag?

I just noticed: on the ideas list that CANNOT BE IMPLEMENTED EVER list (flags other than nation or states)

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    My guess is the real reason is that they only had flags for larger countries or ones where they had lots of players. Players whose flag was not an option felt marginalized, which is imo a fair complaint. There are 197 recognized independent countries and making that many more flags and redesigning the custom interface to cope with that many is just not economically practical. Then, of course there are certain sticky political questions we won't discuss here.

I don't know if Solomon could have found a better solution, but "if everyone can't have one then no one can" is a time honored Mom solution anyway.
    My guess would be that for some reason, that we'll probably never know, they decided to remove the Chinese flag and replace it with the symbol of a lantern. When that attracted so much negative feedback, they came up with the excuse of making the game more friendly and cooperative, and the pathetic hastily-designed replacement flags. It seems like they've shot themselves in the foot.

Probably said enough on this subject, but would just like to agree, I would like proper compensation and a real explanation please.

Flags

Hi!
    I'm playing Township for 2 years(almost 3) and I'm 47 level!
    I have an idea about flags!
    You are removed flags which representing the countries of the world. That is ok!
    But I mean that it would be nice if people could make the flags themselves! They (we) can pick colour, patterns and other things about flag!
    Thanks for all time that you spend on my idea!❤

I’m really cross & upset over losing the flags. I cannot see why they have been removed, every nation’s flag (and only nations) could be covered as Playrix make enough out of this game to cover any costs. I used to really enjoy seeing the flags to see which countries players were from. I would never have saved for the flags had I known that this would happen and in all respect, feel cheated.

i decline your offer of 10 measly pixels of township cash. Flags back. Now.
    signed
    ex player

Why can't we sell our flags FOR FULL REFUND

The 10 T-cash was insulting. You are welcome to take the T-cash back.

LET ME SELL THE FLAGS BACK TO YOU FOR THEIR REAL VALUE.

On the MAC platform we paid 6 topaz and 4 rubies for each flag.

Because if you think we are going to be okay with selling the now defunct flags for 1,044 COINS each you are wrong.

Contry flags

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    That was the point of my question—why have them at all? Changing a country’s flag is disrespectful and if they wanted to remove national flags, an announcement should have been made before and the change done across the board. Very insensitive handling of a sensitive issue.
    yes there should have been an annoouncement before changing our flags. I payed more than $10 dollars for mine. I removed your flag. If I can not have my American flag then I will not fly one at all.