Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Flags/badges

Flags/badges

I realize this will probably be moderated/removed/locked whatever....but the level of censorship of respectful questioning or disagreement has gotten ridiculous. I realize that, as an official Playrix forum, it’s “their house—their rules” but it’s gotten to the point that any thread that is in disagreement is locked.
    The latest over changing national flags is the last straw for me. They’re randomly changing national flags in a gradual rollout to promote friendship?? Why have them at all then??
    Flabbergasted.....
    Last edited by Bessville; 08-29-2019 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Title to reflect broader topic

Hi Magnolia, regarding deleted posts - there were a few comments that had to be removed because they broke forum rules. It's really not about anybody disagreeing. Indeed, the "respectful questioning" remains there, and was answered fully by our Admin, so the matter was duly closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    I realize this will probably be moderated/removed/locked whatever....but the level of censorship of respectful questioning or disagreement has gotten ridiculous. I realize that, as an official Playrix forum, it’s “their house—their rules” but it’s gotten to the point that any thread that is in disagreement is locked.
    The latest over changing national flags is the last straw for me. They’re randomly changing national flags in a gradual rollout to promote friendship?? Why have them at all then??
    Flabbergasted.....
    I have seen the frustration with this not just here Magnolia. As such it tends to be a heated topic and thus may come down to the removal of All of the "countries" flags so as to avoid this topic all together. (my thoughts alone on this matter)

I understand everyone wanting to see "their" flag shown, but truth of the matter...there are just way too many countries, provinces, states, territories, etc, to maintain a balanced status quo.

If they do eliminate "country" flags...(I would be sad)...I would like to see it replaced with fun characters from the game(s) as well as the different items so that we have a variety to choose from.

(whispers...) sorry Bess...your post wasn't there a minute ago!
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 08-28-2019 at 03:29 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Re: Bess’s post
    Yet locked so no room for opinions of the explanation to be given...
    Last edited by Magnolia Township; 08-28-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    I have seen the frustration with this not just here Magnolia. As such it tends to be a heated topic and thus may come down to the removal of All of the "countries" flags so as to avoid this topic all together. (my thoughts alone on this matter)

I understand everyone wanting to see "their" flag shown, but truth of the matter...there are just way too many countries, provinces, states, territories, etc, to maintain a balanced status quo.

If they do eliminate "country" flags...(I would be sad)...I would like to see it replaced with fun characters from the game(s) as well as the different items so that we have a variety to choose from.
    That was the point of my question—why have them at all? Changing a country’s flag is disrespectful and if they wanted to remove national flags, an announcement should have been made before and the change done across the board. Very insensitive handling of a sensitive issue.

Well,

I‘m not one for country flags in my town, but if playrix wants to remove them it would have been cleverer to remove them all at once.

You‘re so right, Magnolia!
    Last edited by Zimbelstern; 08-28-2019 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Snap, Magnolia!

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    Hi Magnolia, regarding deleted posts - there were a few comments that had to be removed because they broke forum rules. It's really not about anybody disagreeing. Indeed, the "respectful questioning" remains there, and was answered fully by our Admin, so the matter was duly closed.
    I do appreciate Anna' reply in the thread discussing flags Bess. However I do agree with a lot of what Magnolia says. Closing a thread after giving us information regarding any changes/decisions,etc, seems a little unwelcoming to me. It would be nice to discuss something after receiving the facts. Closing a thread basically tells us we are not allowed to. I love the forum, esp being able to have discussions about these type of things regarding Township. I always thought feedback from us players was a healthy and often useful part we could play on this forum.

ETA: FWIW I would have said that the idea itself is a good one IMO. Though an announcement would have stopped a lot of upset no doubt.

Another ETA : As Nightrook mentions not changing a countrys flag, I agree this is not good. I think the idea of replacing them is a good idea. Not altering them. Just to be clear
    Last edited by Downton; 08-28-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Twilight, you seem to have missed the point, the issue wasn't that Playrix removed the Chinese flag, the issue was and still is that they have altered the flag.

And sorry Bess, not having a go at you, as I think you mods do a great job under increasingly difficult circumstances, but Anna's post didn't answer the questions at all. Why list something as the Chinese flag that obviously isn't the Chinese flag? Why not wait and roll the whole thing out at once? Why just do China? And why not make an announcement first?

ETA...as Magnojia, Zimbelstern and Downton have said...
    Last edited by Nightrook; 08-28-2019 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnolia Township View Post
    That was the point of my question—why have them at all? Changing a country’s flag is disrespectful and if they wanted to remove national flags, an announcement should have been made before and the change done across the board. Very insensitive handling of a sensitive issue.
    Aaah...ok...I see. So they are implementing it and no advance warning given. Yes, I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimbelstern View Post
    Well,

I‘m not one for country flags in my town, but if playrix wants to remove them it would have been cleverer to remove them all at once.

You‘re so right, Magnolia!
    Well...that does stink...it would have been very simple to remove the code for all of the flags at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    I do appreciate Anna' reply in the thread discussing flags Bess. However I do agree with a lot of what Magnolia says. Closing a thread after giving us information regarding any changes/decisions,etc, seems a little unwelcoming to me. It would be nice to discuss something after receiving the facts. Closing a thread basically tells us we are not allowed to. I love the forum, esp being able to have discussions about these type of things regarding Township. I always thought feedback from us players was a healthy and often useful part we could play on this forum.
    They have been doing that a lot lately...the closing of threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightrook View Post
    Twilight, you seem to have missed the point, the issue wasn't that Playrix removed the Chinese flag, the issue was and still is that they have altered the flag.
    I may have missed something...but there was no mention of the Chinese Flag in her post here...so I based my answer on what she had posted and what I had already seen a few weeks ago regarding the change in the flags to where they were all set to the Township flag.

I went thru and have reread the link Bess provided from the beginning and I see now what it shows: a Chinese lantern just like the event. So now I do understand the full implication of what they were discussing. Thank-you Nightrook.
    Last edited by Twilight Bookworm; 08-28-2019 at 03:52 PM.
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Not to lay blame anywhere specific here, but I'm just reminding everybody of the forum rules in advance of further discussion, so we don't end up going the same way as before (especially rules #1-3). Let's keep the conversation respectful and constructive
    Last edited by Bessville; 08-30-2019 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Typo