Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Flags/badges

Quote Originally Posted by BJK14 View Post
    My understanding from reading both threads is that it's a slow roll-out from Playrix that will eventually delete all national flags and replace them with generic Township flags.
    That does appear to be what they are doing BJK14. What I am not so clear about is whether they are still going to keep the current names of the countries next to made up flags once they have changed all of them.

To me this isn't a good idea for 2 reasons,

1. It will possibly upset/insult a lot of people.

2. It will still leave certain countries missing from the list, as it does now.

My whole reason for supporting the removal of National flags is because not everyone is represented.
    Last edited by Downton; 08-29-2019 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    ...What I am not so clear about is whether they are still going to keep the current names of the countries next to made up flags once they have changed all of them.

To me this isn't a good idea for 2 reasons,

1. It will possibly upset/insult a lot of people.

2. It will still leave certain countries missing from the list as it does now.

My whole reason for supporting the removal of National flags is because not everyone is represented.
    I agree Downton, without total representation the National Flag idea is problematic. You're also right that leaving the country names by 'fake flags' (my word choice there) is insulting.

How is it possible that Playrix can create a whole world and not manage this???

My understanding from reading both threads is that it's a slow roll-out from Playrix that will eventually delete all national flags and replace them with generic Township flags.
    This is, imo, absolutely the worst solution.

I missed this whole discussion earlier. On the surface I thought the uses of national flags was neat. I am trying to arrange my zoo geographically and planned to put the Chinese flag by the panda, and Australian flag by the kangaroo, platypus and koala, and put both US and Canada flags with the North American animals. Then I noticed the whole concept would fall apart when I got to Africa, where the animals aren't so neatly separated by national boundaries. Just as well, because it would have cost me a mountain of jewels.

I don't see anything wrong or even especially political with a player wanting to display a flag in their town, but I do see the problem for TS having to make flag graphics for nearly 200 different countries. I am inclined to agree if they can't support them all then maybe there shouldn't be any.

Imo if we can't keep the flag(s) we bought, then the only right thing for them to do is refund us the jewel price of the flag, or maybe a compensatory pile of tcash. Imo it is fraud on their part to let us make a purchase of one item then swap it out for a different item we neither need nor want. Nobody bought those flags to have meaningless generic flags and it feels like we were just robbed to take away the one we did buy.

I agree Downton, without total representation the National Flag idea is problematic. You're also right that leaving the country names by 'fake flags' (my word choice there) is insulting.
    Well lets hope Playrix take their customers opinions on board and choose to remove all the countries names BJK14 . Or add all countries and let us keep our flags .

How is it possible that Playrix can create a whole world and not manage this???
    I know right. After getting a sense of players reactions, maybe it will help them figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    This is, imo, absolutely the worst solution.

I missed this whole discussion earlier. On the surface I thought the uses of national flags was neat. I am trying to arrange my zoo geographically and planned to put the Chinese flag by the panda, and Australian flag by the kangaroo, platypus and koala, and put both US and Canada flags with the North American animals. Then I noticed the whole concept would fall apart when I got to Africa, where the animals aren't so neatly separated by national boundaries. Just as well, because it would have cost me a mountain of jewels....
    I agree, it really is not a great way to do it. Also I am very happy to hear you didn't buy all of those flags for your zoo Mayfield .

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    ...I don't see anything wrong or even especially political with a player wanting to display a flag in their town, but I do see the problem for TS having to make flag graphics for nearly 200 different countries. I am inclined to agree if they can't support them all then maybe there shouldn't be any....
    Exactly. Ditto!

I don't like the idea of changing the country flags to some weird design. I also don't like the idea of doing away with them. I like to see what country people are from.
    If the issue is that not every country is represented then why can't Playrix do a flag for countries that ask for them? Doesn't seem to me that making additional flags would take up any more time or effort than changing the flags that already exist.
    If this game wants to advertise itself as promoting world unity then leave our flags alone and add flags for countries that are missing that people request!
    Town: Katucket
    Co-op: Flying Cloud #FYWW7J
    Playing on Kindle since August 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Katville View Post
    I don't like the idea of changing the country flags to some weird design. I also don't like the idea of doing away with them. ...
    If this game wants to advertise itself as promoting world unity then leave our flags alone and add flags for countries that are missing that people request!
    Seconded.

or are you totally on your way to change it to a battle against things,

(and JIC, here also)

instead of us playing together worldwide, Playrix?
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-29-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Where are all the flags gone?

Dear Developers

Why did you take our country flags away from our co-ops and our decoration flags? I'm aware that some members complained about a decision with their country's flag which they had every right to do. But what gives you the right to ruin co-op branding and the flags we all spent precious gems and ingots to buy? A friend of mine has a field of flags representing the countries in her co-op. Why on Earth would you do this to us?
    I look forward to finding out the reason for this

The designs on the new flags are so lame. I've sold mine as I don't see the point of having a flag anymore 🙁

Quote Originally Posted by Moonandstars View Post
    Dear Developers

Why did you take our country flags away from our co-ops and our decoration flags? I'm aware that some members complained about a decision with their country's flag which they had every right to do. But what gives you the right to ruin co-op branding and the flags we all spent precious gems and ingots to buy? A friend of mine has a field of flags representing the countries in her co-op. Why on Earth would you do this to us?
    I look forward to finding out the reason for this
    Hello Moonandstars,

Here's a copy of our forum Admin's reply on this subject from yesterday;

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Petrova View Post
    Hi, guys!

Township is all about friendship, family, and cooperation — a unique community for people all over the world. So we’ve decided to create our own flags to celebrate it.

Kindly note that this new flag feature is rolled out gradually. So some players received it earlier, and others will a bit later. We sincerely apologize for any confusion and appreciate your understanding.

Best,
    Anna

So what happened to the Chinese lantern flag? That would have been the best design in this new group of flag designs. Thanks for the excuse to repurpose a couple tiles.
    Míc Miller, ZAJDC4, t244:198+4, z196, iPad.
    Optimal Prime of The Beeline II co-op ~ the original "ultimate rules" township.