Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Flags/badges

Quote Originally Posted by specialj501 View Post
    If they are truly going to change national flags, it's going to ruin many town's courtyards. Mine included, I have flags representing all of my out of country co-op friends. I think it shows the unity of township friends.
    I do feel for players like yourself who have took the trouble to represent all of your Co-op friends in your town.

My opinion on it being a good idea to not have flags anymore is from the point of view that I can see how disappointing it must be to players who don't have their flags as an option. I will miss mine though, and given a choice I would rather more countries were added.

I do not like the thought that they might keep countries to choose from with made up flags. I hope this is not the case.

I posted in the closed thread what I thought. But it's sad that they're being abolished because, like others, I enjoyed seeing them in friends' towns and trying to work out where players were from.

I find it quite incomprehensible that Playrix should target one country to roll out this new development without giving an explanation. It may well just be poor business tactics on their part, but surely someone should have noticed that it may be misinterpreted as discrimination.

Anyway, if the explanation given by them is correct and not just a hastily made up excuse, it will be interesting to see what stereotypical symbols they choose to represent (insult?) the other 94 or so nations (though some of course aren't recognised by the UN as being independent nations) whose flags they've sold (or now potentially mis-sold) to players. For some people national flags are a very sensitive issue, especially in this day and age, and Playrix risk alienating large numbers of customers.
    Last edited by Bessville; 08-28-2019 at 11:04 PM.

Well I don’t know if I’m allowed to respond to this thread or not... I can see how this becomes heated very fast. From my own perspective I have to say that I too would feel insulted and certainly discriminated against if it was my flag alone that had been changed. I feel bad for our Chinese friends who are having to experience this issue. I also feel that if they are going to make this change throughout then they should offer equal compensation for those of us that don’t want some stereotypical imagery of what some else who isn’t even from our country defines us as.
    Town Name: Garden Grove
    Current Level: 77
    Co-op Name: Ilvirmorny
    Co-op Code: #VZK9Q8
    Zoo level: Love the New Zoo but it changes on the reg.

Do we expect to see co-op shields with nationality designs go as well? My olfactory senses are on alert.
    Míc Miller, ZAJDC4, t244:198+4, z196, iPad.
    Optimal Prime of The Beeline II co-op ~ the original "ultimate rules" township.

Maggie, you started this thread out of frustration and Bess, thank you for at least partly keeping the discussion about flags as an expression of nationality possible open.

To return to the flags I would like to add that I sometimes help Anne and her team with topics for new threads here and on Facebook.
    An idea what I still had was: "Show where you live". With flags and decorations, even with some flowers or trees, that could be possible.
    Only ... and that stopped me from sharing this idea with the team:
    not every world citizen is abled to do so because not every country is represented in these flags and decorations.
    The subject would exclude people while my thread subjects are often intended to connect.

Whether this entire flag story can be reversed or better communicated is out of my hands.
    Strong emotions from fixed beliefs can make a discussion run high. It is a trap of involvement from both sides.
    I therefore wish Playrix wisdom about this.
    Last edited by Bessville; 08-28-2019 at 11:04 PM.
    Change what you can't accept. Accept what you can't change
    Way2FindMe: #MJZH6C (Mijn boerderij)/Ruud's city of Rock 'nd LOL/level 114/Android

The discussion here is about national flags. It's not an open invitation to ignore rule #2 and start a public debate about Mod/Admin actions. Anybody who wants to challenge decisions made (or the rules they arise from) can, as ever, pm our forum Admin with their point of view.

Keep it on that topic, please.
    Last edited by Bessville; 08-28-2019 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bessville View Post
    The discussion here is about national flags. It's not an open invitation to ignore rule #2 and start a public debate about Mod/Admin actions. Anybody who wants to challenge decisions made (or the rules they arise from) can, as ever, pm our forum Admin with their point of view.

Keep it on that topic, please.
    I thought the topic was frustration over the level of censorship.....obviously a misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia_Gardens View Post
    Well I don’t know if I’m allowed to respond to this thread or not... I can see how this becomes heated very fast. From my own perspective I have to say that I too would feel insulted and certainly discriminated against if it was my flag alone that had been changed. I feel bad for our Chinese friends who are having to experience this issue. I also feel that if they are going to make this change throughout then they should offer equal compensation for those of us that don’t want some stereotypical imagery of what some else who isn’t even from our country defines us as.
    It becomes heated very quickly because it falls under one of the two hot topics ... religion and politics. I don't know how an official flag of any country cannot be considered political. IMHO either EVERY official flag should be accurately depicted and presented for display or none of them should be. Otherwise how can some omitted / changed country not feel slighted or offended?

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Lyons View Post
    It becomes heated very quickly because it falls under one of the two hot topics ... religion and politics. I don't know how an official flag of any country cannot be considered political. IMHO either EVERY official flag should be accurately depicted and presented for display or none of them should be. Otherwise how can some omitted / changed country not feel slighted or offended?
    My understanding from reading both threads is that it's a slow roll-out from Playrix that will eventually delete all national flags and replace them with generic Township flags.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    I thought the topic was frustration over the level of censorship.....obviously a misunderstanding.
    Magnolia expressed her frustration that the original flags thread had been closed, and she presumed that was because of disagreement over its content. I explained in post #2 that wasn't the reason (though there were a few posts in it that were removed because they broke forum rules, so it was obviously a bit of a 'hot potato'). It was closed, though, simply because Admin had answered the OP's question.

People clearly had more they wanted to say about the flags, though, so this second thread was left open (despite, strictly speaking, it being a duplicate of a closed thread topic) to enable people to have their say on the original subject. I've been advising folks to stay within the rules precisely so that their posts can remain intact and the thread can stay open so they can be heard.

I'm not here to censor them for some imaginary evil ends (just in case anybody isn't sure).
    Last edited by Bessville; 08-29-2019 at 12:06 AM.