Thread: Please apologize for the blasphemy of the Chinese National flag!

Please apologize for the blasphemy of the Chinese National flag!

Dear township:
    Hello, everyone. I’m Lily. I've been playing in Township for nearly five years. Now I'm the ninth on the airport leaderboards.

I love this game because I met a lot of lovely friends through this game,however the matter of Chinese national flag is really disappointed me.

First of all, you announced on China's weibo blog that there will be no national flag in the town since then, only the Township flag.
    But on Facebook, you don't have this announcement. We changed the mobile phone area and found out that other countries can still use their flags!

Why would you discriminate against Chinese people?

What’s more, you have tampered with the Five-Starred Red Flag of our country. You not only discriminate against our Chinese people, but also desecrate our national flag!

How can we stand it!! I'm so disappointed!!

Despair so far you still have no explanation, no apology!!! You really hurt the enthusiasm of all the Chinese players who play in Township!!

Please apologize for the blasphemy of the Chinese National flag!
    Attached Images Attached Images

What a strange thing to do! Especially seeing as China is allegedly one of Playrix's fastest-growing markets. I've just visited a few random Chinese towns on my friends list and all their flags have changed to this one with the lantern. I agree that it's insulting, and I would also be angry if I'd paid for something which changed to something else without any explanation. I've checked the flags in the store and as far as I can tell the Chinese is the only one which has been altered (not that I'm an expert on flags)

It will be interesting to hear their reasoning behind this (if we ever do)

I don't think it's a hack Míc. I saw in a Facebook group, (which I'm not allowed to name here but I hope Bee22 won't mind) on 22/8, that Chinese players would only be able to get "Township" flags rather than national flags from now on.

Screenshot_2019-08-28-10-29-48.jpg

(Credit Bee22)

Not holding my breath for any sort of answer, but I hope that the Chinese players will either get some sort of explanation for this disrespect, or that they'll show their disgust in other ways.

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Not holding my breath for any sort of answer, but I hope that the Chinese players will either get some sort of explanation for this disrespect, or that they'll show their disgust in other ways.
    I agree, JJay, players deserve an explanation from Playrix.
    Míc Miller, ZAJDC4, t244:198+4, z196, iPad.
    Optimal Prime of The Beeline II co-op ~ the original "ultimate rules" township.

I agree with this, messing with any countries flag is just wrong.

I would like to know the reason for this and if there is a reason Playrix can no longer use the Chinese flag in the game then really they should remove it rather than changing it and offer compensation to any player who was using the flag in their game.

Hi, guys!

Township is all about friendship, family, and cooperation — a unique community for people all over the world. So we’ve decided to create our own flags to celebrate it.

Kindly note that this new flag feature is rolled out gradually. So some players received it earlier, and others will a bit later. We sincerely apologize for any confusion and appreciate your understanding.

Best,
    Anna
    Last edited by Anna Petrova; 08-28-2019 at 02:32 PM.