Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 27.08 The Newest Update IS OUT!

Yes, I am having all kinds of problems... First, my Kindle crashed and it seems like I have lost everything. I thought I could just log in on a new device, (Dell Windows 10 lap top) and just pick up where I left off. But I can't! So I started completely over, NOT HAPPY! Now, I can't find all my friends or my co-op. The friends invite with code does not work. Any help is very much appreciated!!!

Hi vicreaux welcome to the forum . Windows is a different platform to ios/android/kindle. You will not have access to your old kindle town, co-ops or friends on your laptop. As they are not compatible platforms .

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Hi vicreaux welcome to the forum . Windows is a different platform to ios/android/kindle. You will not have access to your old kindle town, co-ops or friends on your laptop. As they are not compatible platforms .
    Thank you so much for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by vicreaux View Post
    Thank you so much for your help!
    You're very welcome

Yes I have the same problem, and when I contact support I get an automated reply in a foreign language. So any suggestions would be most helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugrats View Post
    Yes I have the same problem, and when I contact support I get an automated reply in a foreign language. So any suggestions would be most helpful.
    Hi Rugrats welcome to the forum . Could you specify what problem you are having please? We are only players mainly here on the forum, but will help if we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugrats View Post
    parallel to telling us, as Downton suggested, I would reply to that automated reply in your language, write
    • that it didn't help
    • that you can't follow the suggestions cos foreign language,
    • and repeat your problem description.

We don't do anything else, when we get the automated reply in an understandable language.
    Can Google translate not translate it?

====

it seems that Rugrats replied to this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Swiger View Post
    I have kindle fire am told it is android but no update available yet. I have checked if I can .a silly update but the box is grayed out. I am unable to help friends a d co-op members I get message saying they have a newer game version Any suggestions?? Thanks
    we use different displays, Rugrat, that's why it is a good idea to use "reply with quote".
    Last edited by _DD_; 09-18-2019 at 04:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    it seems that Rugrats replied to this post: ........

we use different displays, Rugrat, that's why it is a good idea to use "reply with quote".
    Ah thanks DD . Could you tell me how to display the info showing this? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Downton View Post
    Ah thanks DD . Could you tell me how to display the info showing this? TIA
    yep, and most welcome

at the top of the page, below the page number listing is the Display choice.
    I usually use Linear Mode, which simply shows the latest/newest posts.
    To see the order of replying, you switch there to Hybrid mode (or threaded mode).

Screenshot_20190918-185739.jpg tap on pic to view bigger

IF the poster didn't just use "reply to thread", that is...

But in big threads, you still will get problems, also with hybrid or threaded mode; the display (pic) then simp!y says "more replies below this post" or something like that. Hence the request to give us a hint (with an adapted quote!) what folks are replying to

Besides, the quote has the advantage that I can switch to that post easily simply by clicking on the two little arrows next to the poster's name.
    Last edited by _DD_; 09-18-2019 at 05:14 PM.

Thanks DD, this is very useful. I never noticed Display choices under the page number before. A lot less complicated than I expected . I agree with you that quoting is preferable, even though I haven't quoted you here. I am trusting my reply to land directly under your post, in this instance, lol .
    Last edited by Downton; 09-18-2019 at 06:55 PM.