Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Excessive advertising of Wildscapes

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Yes. These numbers often appear in company press releases and even quarterly and annual reports to tout their success and vigor of the company, at least for publicly held companies.

They don't just look at downloads though. I think the most meaningful numbers are average number of people playing per day, plus money spent, of course.

I wonder if the same player downloads, deletes, and downloads again if that counts as one or two downloads.
    Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    What Mayfield said, and the DL numbers are part of the game info at f.e. Google Play Store, see images below.
    They are very probably taken as indicator for the game's popularity...

Very good question.

Attachment 50776Attachment 50783
    Thanks Mayfield and _DD_. I've often wondered recently whether Playrix's 'solution to every problem', which is to uninstall and reinstall the game, is more to do with a popularity contest than to actually help people who have a problem. If Township does have more than 100,000,000 downloads, probably at least 100 of them are mine (thinking of the black screen problem on Kindle a year or so ago when I had to reinstall to open, and several other glitches). If each download counts towards their popularity rather than the actual number of individual people who downloaded the game, I wonder what the true figures would be. (And also whether all games do the same)

Quote Originally Posted by cdosr View Post
    Is there a special avatar for loading / playing the game? I know there is for their other games.
    Whilst the icon is in the game the avatar associated won't be there.
    But as with other games it may be added afterwards. Who really knows how Playrix works lol

The downloading if the game helps its popularity in statistics shown in the game store.
    It also helps it to maintain a higher place in search engines.
    In theory downloading it twice using the same account should only count as one.
    I agree JJay it isn't fair play to have people download it just to remove the icon

I've opened several support tickets. I get the same canned response:
    Hi there!

Thanks for contacting us. I am really sorry to hear you found one of our promotions a bit annoying.

However, all you have to do is click this icon on the left of the screen and then tap the "x" to close the window. You absolutely don't have to install anything if you don't feel like doing so!

These adverts are visible to all our players and appear randomly, irrespective of the decisions you've made before on this or any other of our games.

I hope you continue playing and enjoying Township and wish you happy gaming!

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. Have a great day!
    Last edited by dreadnought; 11-19-2019 at 10:32 AM. Reason: removed names

Quote Originally Posted by Volly View Post
    I've opened several support tickets. I get the same canned response:
    Hi there!

Thanks for contacting us. I am really sorry to hear you found one of our promotions a bit annoying.

However, all you have to do is click this icon on the left of the screen and then tap the "x" to close the window. You absolutely don't have to install anything if you don't feel like doing so!

These adverts are visible to all our players and appear randomly, irrespective of the decisions you've made before on this or any other of our games.

I hope you continue playing and enjoying Township and wish you happy gaming!

Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you. Have a great day!
    Last edited by dreadnought; 11-19-2019 at 10:32 AM.

Opening more than 1 ticket for the same thing will just get you the same answer.
    I doubt you will get anywhere further with your report as this is not a technical problem.
    Playrix are not going to remove the icon until they do it for everyone, which hopefully will be with the next update.
    Very annoying to some players, but we have to wait

Quote Originally Posted by JJay View Post
    Lol Out of curiosity I just changed my language settings to German to see what would happen, and I got the Italian ad as well. So I changed to Italian and there I found my Spanish version

Attachment 50734

This could be a whole new game in itself - search for your own language!!! It's certainly more interesting than Wildscapes
    I'm Allentown in co-op #PYK3C4
    Playing since dec. 2016, meanwhile on Android

Adverts

Please STOP the advert for Wildscapes. Also STOP the adverts from the movie guy repeating. Especially this election time in the UK. I do not want politics shoved down my throat time after time

Ita. It seems wildly hypocritical of them to insist on keeping this a religion free zone then allow politics in. I wonder if the Catholic Church was willing to pay for ads if they would take the money and show them.

I got an add from the Church of Latter Day Saints in another game not too long ago. (Ok, it was actually a really nice ad.)
    Last edited by Mayfield; 11-19-2019 at 04:28 PM.
    Played on and off since October 2017
    Play on iOS iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Mayfield View Post
    Ita. It seems wildly hypocritical of them to insist on keeping this a religion free zone then allow politics in. I wonder if the Catholic Church was willing to pay for ads if they would take the money and show them.

I got an add from the Church of Latter Day Saints in another game not too long ago. (Ok, it was actually a really nice ad.)
    I totally agree, they say they don't allow politics either so yes very hypocritical.
    I haven't watched the videos in a long time..I just delete him, but when I did I never had either.
    Playrix has changed so much over the years so I guess this just another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuddz View Post
    I totally agree, they say they don't allow politics either so yes very hypocritical.
    I haven't watched the videos in a long time..I just delete him, but when I did I never had either.
    Playrix has changed so much over the years so I guess this just another one.
    I try very hard NOT to delete the video as have lost all ads for several days each time I've accidentally dumped. Instead, I go make a cup of tea, make a snack, take a trip to the toilet, or even if absolutely desperate, do some chores.