Thread: Pause/Stop Game Play Option To Allow For Town Redesign

Pause/Stop Game Play Option To Allow For Town Redesign

After playing for a while (and seeing some great screen shots in the Forum) I'm working at correcting some of my early town design flaws. It is challenging to keep up with game play and move a lot of buildings and decorations. Could we have an option to turn off real world play (harvesting, transport movements, zoo orders, etc) in order to remodel our towns? I know that 'save all' is not an option so this might be a workable alternative.

Quote Originally Posted by BJK14 View Post
    ... Could we have an option to turn off real world play (harvesting, transport movements, zoo orders, etc) in order to remodel our towns?....
    I'm not sure I follow - why? you can just ignore your fields, heli, zoo orders - it might not be fun, but I don't see anything challenging in it. Nothing will wither, no-one will die...

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    I'm not sure I follow - why? you can just ignore your fields, heli, zoo orders - it might not be fun, but I don't see anything challenging in it. Nothing will wither, no-one will die...
    Are you sure?

Heck, I get upset when I do a land expansion and have to 'evict' Bambi.

Of course, there's no real world consequence to not keeping up with everything else, I just get a little frustrated when I can't.

A little confused by this request.

There is nothing in the rule book that says you have to fill your trains, planes or helicopter orders, or plant crops, while you remodel. You can choose to put all of that on hold.

Unless of course you are talking about while in an active Seasonal Regatta...then...I would suggest you opt out of racing for the week.

As far as being in "Edit" mode...changing the design and layout of your town has no affect whatsoever on your factories, transportation or fields. They'll carry on no matter where you place them.

"If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    A little confused by this request.

There is nothing in the rule book that says you have to fill your trains, planes or helicopter orders, or plant crops, while you remodel. You can choose to put all of that on hold.

Unless of course you are talking about while in an active Seasonal Regatta...then...I would suggest you opt out of racing for the week.

As far as being in "Edit" mode...changing the design and layout of your town has no affect whatsoever on your factories, transportation or fields. They'll carry on no matter where you place them.

Yes, I do know the factories and such keep producing. As for the rules - as I said above, it's just a personal quirk of mine to like to keep my production up during redesign.

ETA: Of course there wouldn't be any production while using my idea of a pause function but I wouldn't feel like I was 'missing out'. Again, just a personal quirk.
    Last edited by BJK14; 08-22-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Lol...so what your saying is we need a forum post titled, 'Personal Quirks & Irks'?
    "If I am found vague, listless or agitated, Administer Chocolate Immediately." Sandra Boynton

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Bookworm View Post
    Lol...so what your saying is we need a forum post titled, 'Personal Quirks & Irks'?
    Not a bad idea-plenty of us have them

Are you sure?

Heck, I get upset when I do a land expansion and have to 'evict' Bambi.
    That's why we have the Wild parks and the apple tree deco - send all bambis and bunnies there.

Of course, there's no real world consequence to not keeping up with everything else, I just get a little frustrated when I can't.
    Games like this one have their different "finish" times for EVERYthing exactly for that, to keep you occupied and in the game and with the feeling you still NEED to do something, oh just quickly before leaving, harvest this, plant that, check for your friends, the mine, the boats... and I don't even mention the regatta board
    So, it will indeed be more fun and better for you, if you don't give in to that stress (or build it up even more), and learn patience, waiting and ignoring certain things - that, BTW, will be your best preparation for not spending tcash in the events, when your jump or throw - or whatever we do this time - failed. ;-D

ETA: It would be really interesting to get an answer from a Dev who knows the system here - I would imagine that such individual pausing might add a lot of stress to their servers, IF they have to keep the individual start/stop times for everyone somewhere. (Stop for example then, if they want to set a max. time)
    Besides, the other consequences must be decided, too - would one be available for friends? the Coop chat and requests? events and regatta? and indeed, are the things that work "alone", like longer crops, allowed to continue during your pause? lots of questions following, as so often...
    Last edited by _DD_; 08-22-2019 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _DD_ View Post
    ... It would be really interesting to get an answer from a Dev who knows the system here - I would imagine that such individual pausing might add a lot of stress to their servers, IF they have to keep the individual start/stop times for everyone somewhere. (Stop for example then, if they want to set a max. time)
    Besides, the other consequences must be decided, too - would one be available for friends? the Coop chat and requests? events and regatta? and indeed, are the things that work "alone", like longer crops, allowed to continue during your pause? lots of questions following, as so often...
    Thanks, DD, for that thought. Although I'm a long time gamer (Geez, remember the Commodore 64? That was the first time I wrote a game program - using BASIC - lol!) I hadn't thought of the server issue. I did consider the other concerns you mentioned and had just thought everything would stop.

Of course, wishing for an item shouldn't mean I have to consider all of Playrix's potential headaches.

...(Geez, remember the Commodore 64? That was the first time I wrote a game program - using BASIC - lol!) ...
    lol, yep - funny, how THAT are "those times" already, huh?!

Of course, wishing for an item shouldn't mean I have to consider all of Playrix's potential headaches.
    of course, thinking a bit further helps but it's usually not the Devs, here in the forum. *g*