Thread: Facebook connection

Facebook connection

I made a town a few years ago and then stopped playing (new device, crazy life, etc.). Recently, I picked it back up--same town, just as I'd left it--and since then, I've been getting weird, foreign friends requests on Facebook. I admit to accepting a few random requests WITHIN THE GAME ONLY, never on Facebook. I did refresh the Facebook connection to the game so I could update my actual friends, but in my Township profile, I'm careful to only display a game avatar, never my Facebook picture. So now I have some questions:
    -If someone is only friends with me in the game, can they find my Facebook page?
    -If so, is there a way to prevent complete strangers from finding my Facebook via the game?
    I'd hate to dump my in-game friend list, but it's a little unsettling to keep getting random Facebook requests from strangers in another country (and at least one for sure is Township related, because the person's profile picture was from the game). I just want to play a fun game with random people, but if that means I must expose my personal Facebook, I'm not comfortable with that at all.

No one can see your fb info in-game unless you actually tell them in co-op chat how to find you.

If your town name and your FB name are the same, there’s a tiny chance someone might randomly search you but it’s highly unlikely, especially if your avatar in-game is a game pic... they’d have no idea it’s you.

If you’ve added anyone to your fb that plays township, you may have people coming through on suggested friends, or if your profile mentions township you may have people adding you on the off-chance you’ll accept.

Short answer - no. No one in-game can find your FB.
    IMPORTANT: As a Township moderator, I only have power to maintain its forum.
    - Township Support.
    - Before posting a question, please make use of:
    Township Wiki,
    • the stickies on top of each sub-forum,
    • the search function to see previous posts.

”Met a man wearin' a t-shirt, says "Virginia is for lovers"
    Had a Bible in his left hand and a bottle in the other
    He said "all you're really given is the sunshine and your name"
    We both started laughin' when the sky started to rain”

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada View Post
    No one can see your fb info in-game unless you actually tell them in co-op chat how to find you.

If your town name and your FB name are the same, there’s a tiny chance someone might randomly search you but it’s highly unlikely, especially if your avatar in-game is a game pic... they’d have no idea it’s you.

If you’ve added anyone to your fb that plays township, you may have people coming through on suggested friends, or if your profile mentions township you may have people adding you on the off-chance you’ll accept.

Short answer - no. No one in-game can find your FB.
    Ok! That's a relief. I'm gonna chalk it up to random happenstance, then. I will sometimes get 1-2 random foreign requests every few months, so those must have just coincided with my getting back into the game. Thanks for your help!